Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 06:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

these type of criminals deserve worse that "getting beat up every day"

the sad thing is his attorney is going to claim he is "retarded" (his word not mine) and the death penalty can't be used on a "mentally handicapped " person.

I am all for "eye for an eye" I think it would make criminals think twice.
you stab someone
you burn them alive
you shoot them
your bury them alive
thats how you will die
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 06:23 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
Start punishing all those Susan Smith and Andrea Yates (and countless others), and perhaps some of that parental killing would stop too.
I don't know that it would stop.
Incest, post partum depression and psychosis, all of which played a part in those two women's lives, can really warp a person's mind.
It's really a sick world out there, and sometimes the most innocent ones pay the price.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:32 AM

431 posts, read 393,538 times
John Evander Couey will get the death penalty, no doubt. While waiting the 15 - 20 years for him to get appeal after appeal and then for Florida to decide whether his lethal injection cocktail is "too cruel" unless it's administered by a medical professional, he'll be growing older; getting fatter; seeing his family; watching cable TV, etc. Justice takes TOO long! And Mark Lunsford, Jessi's father, has to live each day knowing this bastard is still breathing.

I say send him to Texas. They have no problem shooting in the good-bye juice.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,400,531 times
I say give him to the Dad for a day!

Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 AM

302 posts, read 1,049,378 times
Thumbs up Eye For An Eye!!!!

I agree giving him to the father for a day!

Then bury this POS up to his chin and let ANYONE come by p**s and kick this POS in the face. And let this go on for a month.

Then cut his @ic* off, put it in his mouth and then bury him alive breathing!!!

I know that this won't happen but I'm sure the inmates will get to him too. His time is coming.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:38 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,096,716 times
I agree will all you've said. On the other side of a sad situation, I've always believed God does something for a reason and I was thinking why her? I think God took this little girl because he knew her father would push the laws to save all of our children. I live in Citrus County and last weekend there were over 5000 motorcyclist riding in her memory and would you belive in the newspaper the next few days, people were complaining that the motorcycles took over the road by parking in the middle lane because they couldn't all fit in the parking lot at the Harley shop?? My gosh i read that and wondered if these people have little grandchildren that this man is helping to protect. It's a sad situation to begin with but when these guys and girls are out there doing something for the kids safety, it's a shame people have nothing else to do but complain about it. Thank you Mr. Lunsford for pushing the laws and helping protecting my little girl. I say put the guy in prison the rest of his life and let the other prisoners take care of him. Why let him go so peacefully with some lethal injection.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:09 AM

232 posts, read 886,452 times
Death is to easy. DAILY punishment would be better!!!! The sad thing is he had a long history and a conviction on assault/rape on a teenager BEFORE his final horrible deed. In an earlier post that was deleted under another topic I said before if these guys were convicted and placed in prison the FIRST time they were caught and never released then many of these children like Jessica would still be alive today. God Bless her dad in what he is doing and bringing the seriousness of their deeds to the forefront.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:12 AM

656 posts, read 1,374,635 times
The relatives of John Gooey who helped harbor Gooey and hide the kid from authorities should be on trial too.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:22 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,096,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
The relatives of John Gooey who helped harbor Gooey and hide the kid from authorities should be on trial too.
I agree they should be punished as well but at the time there wasn't a law to do so. There is now thanks to the Lunsford Act.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:10 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
And how much will it cost us taxpayers to keep this dirtbag alive? If they are going to get rid of him why not use electricity, sometimes the chair malfunctions and there's flames or smoke, I am sure it's good therapy for the victims to know the perpetrator is roasting before he's gone. The public humiliation idea is good though, or how about death by gators?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime