Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:06 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisy View Post
Overwhelming sad....what a tragedy..

Bernie Madoff is a piece of s**t scumbag..how could one possibly
sleep one wink at night knowing for decades he was detroying people's lives?
He takes greed to an unprecedented level

Personally, I would like to see Bernie Madoff's, as well as the former CEO of Countrywide Angelo Mozilo's heads on pikes

They (and a few others) are evil, greedy, corrupt, souless bas***ds
What about Chris Dodd, the Obama admirer who got a sweat heart deal from Countrywide's Angelo Mozilo's and meanwhile is telling others how they should do things....same categorie as Mozilo and associates....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 04:29 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Quote:

Personally, I would like to see Bernie Madoff's, as well as the former CEO of Countrywide Angelo Mozilo's heads on pikes

I wonder how long it will be before those corrupt criminals are the target of vigilante justice? If the market was allowed to work they would not be around to enjoy their ill-gotten gains would they?

Old 02-14-2009, 11:39 PM

690 posts, read 2,108,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
want to see who were scammed...click on the link...

Madoff's Victim List - The Wall Street Journal

sadly if you finished the list...you can click on the link in the article and see the rest of the list ....163 pages!

Madaoff must have had no concious at all..this man is evil!
Holy crap...I had no idea he was responsible for billions of dollars in investments. That's scary.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:42 PM

690 posts, read 2,108,535 times
Quote:

Don't forget the Goldman Sach's CEO. I forgot his name, but he sucks, too.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,531 times
Why CEO of Goldman specifically? He's no worse than CEO's of other major former-investment banks.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:03 PM

684 posts, read 2,110,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I wonder how long it will be before those corrupt criminals are the target of vigilante justice? If the market was allowed to work they would not be around to enjoy their ill-gotten gains would they?
I would imagine these armani-suited thugs need constant security and protection (paid for by the taxpayers, of course!) to keep someone they victimized from popping them off....

....once again, we get to pay to support and protect the very slime that preys on us every minute of every day....just look at the prison system..

Yay for us

Old 02-16-2009, 08:06 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Has anyone yet mentioned that people have been warning the authorities about Madoff for over 10 years now?

Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 PM

684 posts, read 2,110,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Has anyone yet mentioned that people have been warning the authorities about Madoff for over 10 years now?
Yep...pretty amazing isn't it.....

good to know the SEC has our collective backs covered.....NOT!!!

I'm sure someone was getting greased (and/or threatened) by Madoff the last decade to keep quiet.....

and Mrs Madoff in the days prior to his "confession" swung by a couple of banks and withdrew $$ in the double-digit millions.....

gee, I wonder where THAT money is....

I have read some articles that refer to him as the "now disgraced investor"

.....disgraced????? That implies he cares what people think...doubtful...

Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
What was the name of the man who testitifed before congress, saying that'd he'd brought proof to the SEC of this Ponzi scheme and had been warning them since 1999? Is that one of the people you're referrng to? I am surprised Madoff didn't have him killed.

That list contains retirees, teachers...ordinary working people who belonged to unions or placed their money in stocks or banks. It's not just idle rich people who have lost. We'll be feeling reprecussions for years.

How about a few criminal charges be brought against the SEC? Can they be charged with malfeasance? I will never believe that they are so oblivious that they could not smell the smoke. Let's not forget their incompetent, dirty hands in this.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:15 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,424,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
What was the name of the man who testitifed before congress, saying that'd he'd brought proof to the SEC of this Ponzi scheme and had been warning them since 1999? Is that one of the people you're referrng to? I am surprised Madoff didn't have him killed.

That list contains retirees, teachers...ordinary working people who belonged to unions or placed their money in stocks or banks. It's not just idle rich people who have lost. We'll be feeling reprecussions for years.

How about a few criminal charges be brought against the SEC? Can they be charged with malfeasance? I will never believe that they are so oblivious that they could not smell the smoke. Let's not forget their incompetent, dirty hands in this.
It was probably the same guy. I was tuned into CNBC since last night and they've been playing hour long storys of people who have commited fraud or killed over money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime