Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 07:01 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Statistically speaking its likely she is dead and likely it was someone known to her and or her family who took her. Sad but true.
I am sorry to say but yes I am with you on that one .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 10:00 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
What I found odd was the day they reported that no people showed up to look for his daughter. THey then said he stayed in the tent all day. He can look on his own. It seems they have all these relatives with t-shirts and buttons on and tents. It not like they can't go look themself. At least the Dad would feel like he is doing something. I also thought it was odd the other day whena reporter asked the Grandmother ( Dad;s Mom) If he and the girlfriend were still together because they were saying they haven;t seen a lot of the girlfriend. She had a hard time knowing what to say.
Yes, they could look on their own but I know they must be very disheartened and discouraged. Isn't some of this area swampy or close to the water? It sounds like the law enforcement agencies and other professional searchers have been very thorough and possibly place some restrictions on who can search where?

Old 03-01-2009, 10:30 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
I have wondered what is up with the tents that the families are living in. At first I understood, but now I wonder why they are still there. It's not as though they all were close and so want to be close together. I've heard that each family is saying cruel things about the other.

The one place that Haleigh will not show up if she is still alive is the trailer, so why stay on the scene? If the dad won't move back into the trailer, that kind of blows the "comfort by being near where she was" theory, IMO. And they didn't go to the dumpster when it was being emptied, (something that I feel sure I would do) so what is the point of being there?

The press is, as usual, crossing the line in their interviews and the family has created a ready-made press room by literally setting up camp. I think that I would go somewhere else. Right now they are all there together making it easier for the media to push their ratings by interviewing every relative camping out.

I'm not saying they SHOULD take down the tents- if it is comforting them, then I am glad they are finding some comfort, but I would think that someone with their best interest at heart could be advising them a little better. From what I have seen, their minister seems pretty level-headed and he should be able to find housing for the father.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
The one place that Haleigh will not show up if she is still alive is the trailer, so why stay on the scene? If the dad won't move back into the trailer, that kind of blows the "comfort by being near where she was" theory, IMO. And they didn't go to the dumpster when it was being emptied, (something that I feel sure I would do) so what is the point of being there?
I remember watching Nancy Grace the night the 'Breaking News' was the dumpster search. The authorities told the family to wait in the tent area. The inference was that the dumpster and surrounding area had been searched before this but a tip warranted a second search.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:26 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
Except for the Dad I got the impression that the other family just come to the tents during the day. I think I heard the Mother comes in the morning and goes home at night to wherever. I think her Mom lives in the area. What always surprises me is that when a child goes missing it seems like the next time you see the family they have t-shirts and buttons. Who even thinks of making this stuff. I can't remember the Anthony's because that was like a little different and the press camped out in front of the home. In most cases the family appointment a spoke person to speak on their behalf. I think that is the case with the 14 year old girl that went missing on Friday the 13th. This family could really say less. Every person from parents. Grandparents, Aunt and all that have gone on air. The problem is they bring really nothing to finding the child. What I think the press is doing is using them to see if they will give up info they might know. I do not know what goes on with the family and police of a missing child and God I hope I never do. But I do know this I would be right there invoved in as much as I could and asking for info all the time. I have heard this family say they read stuff in the paper. I would think both Mom and Dad would get the same info and share it with their families. Even Nancy Grace has asked the MOm info that she never heard of.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:35 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
They don't seem to be a very sophisticated family and that may be part of the problem. They really need someone to provide guidance. Someone without his/her own agenda.

Someone loaned the father a camper to stay in and another anonymous donor added 10K to the reward. They need an advisor like that- just doing it for the right reasons.

I guess they feel that the t-shirts and buttons are something tangible that they can do.

This family was in crisis before Haleigh went missing. I don't know how they can even go out in public with all the vultures hanging around.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
They don't seem to be a very sophisticated family and that may be part of the problem. They really need someone to provide guidance. Someone without his/her own agenda.

Someone loaned the father a camper to stay in and another anonymous donor added 10K to the reward. They need an advisor like that- just doing it for the right reasons.

I guess they feel that the t-shirts and buttons are something tangible that they can do.

This family was in crisis before Haleigh went missing. I don't know how they can even go out in public with all the vultures hanging around.
I agree.

As for the T-shirts, quite possibly the church or some community group provided these.

I thought there was a group that provided a liason/spokesperson to families in such tragic situations. This family is in a somewhat remote area as well as being unprepared for the glare of national media attention.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:36 PM

OKay I had to write. I just heard that this child Dad on Sunday gets on his knees at a Chillis and asked the 17 year old to marry him. Gives her a diamond. Okay anyone else wonder who these people are? This Dad can't go back home but can ask someone to marry him. He doesn't appear to have worked since his child went missing yet can buy a diamond. Then as they interview that child bride she is all giddy saying this is what Haley wanted. What she was 5. She wanted a MOm who is 12 years older then her. I'm sorry but if my child went missing I wouldn't be asking someone to marry me in a resturant for everyone to see. I would have other issues on my mond like where the hell is my daughter. I just shake my head. Some are saying that if they marry and the news made it sound like they wanted to get this done like soon. THey couldn't testify on each other because they were married.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
OKay I had to write. I just heard that this child Dad on Sunday gets on his knees at a Chillis and asked the 17 year old to marry him. Gives her a diamond. Okay anyone else wonder who these people are? This Dad can't go back home but can ask someone to marry him. He doesn't appear to have worked since his child went missing yet can buy a diamond. Then as they interview that child bride she is all giddy saying this is what Haley wanted. What she was 5. She wanted a MOm who is 12 years older then her. I'm sorry but if my child went missing I wouldn't be asking someone to marry me in a resturant for everyone to see. I would have other issues on my mond like where the hell is my daughter. I just shake my head. Some are saying that if they marry and the news made it sound like they wanted to get this done like soon. THey couldn't testify on each other because they were married.
I think you last sentence hit the nail on the head . could they both have done something to her while high on drugs ? I have always wanted to ask that ? and now I am begining to suspect alot of crap went on here that we have only touched the surface on and I think alot is going to be revealed soon enough . I am so angry at these people my life could not just keep going on without my daughter I would not leave a stone unturned for my daughter . I am so angry that we still dont know what happened to this little girl .

Old 03-10-2009, 05:19 PM

Well I heard they are going to get married before the end of the week. Say a lot about the birth MOm but at least today she was on crying. This 17 year old is nuts. Her Mom was on saying I wanted them to wait until she was 18 but I'm going let them go ahead now. Then they say they will have a reception when she comes home and she can be the flower girl. Also Jr. wants them to get married. OMG. Dad hello you are the Dad not these children. Who doesn't believe this 17 year old. This case makes me so mad. Then I do not feel sorry for them having to take down the tent yet. They could move back in the home or the 17 year old family lives across the street. Why this hurry to get married, if this was so important to the little girl why not wait for her to come home. The 17 year old on TV acting like she just got a prom dress , where she should be heading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime