Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 AM

1,227 posts, read 2,064,064 times

Advertisements

Nancy Grace has defended them quite a few times, but I think she is now getting a bit annoyed by them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 01:39 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,964 times
For them to really heal and move forward and honor the memory of this child they need to come to terms with the fact their daughter killed this child. I believe they know that but haven't been able to come to terms with it .Lee is odd to say the least. I think as a parent myself Ican still love my child but not act like they didn't do this. Ithink the way they are acting most likley is the way their family ran in lies. If you watch Casey she acts like she really hates her parents and her MOm for sure. Tell the truth and let the peices fall where they will and if they do that I thinkthey will be able to move on fromthis and find some peace. Ireally wish this trail could be over sooner than later. I just hope she doesn't get off.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:22 PM

Me too, michiganmom!! I think they will never declare in public if they find their daughter guilty after the trial. I hope she gets life without parole. I mean, with all of the evidence, what else can they come up with? Some nanny did it, but we've never met her??

Say what you want about Nancy Grace, but at least she's speaking for the real crime victim here, Caylee NOT Casey.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:26 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Really, not sure how I would act if my child killed my grandchild.
I know. I cannot even go there. Having a child/grandchild kidnapped is every parent's idea of hell. Then, seeing photos of your daughter partying and acting like a bimbo after her daughter is missing? Honestly...I don't even think I could function.

I suppose since my kids are just babies, it's time to start them down the path towards responsible adulthood. I'm not saying Cindy and George were perfect parents. That flew out the window when their unmarried teenage daughter got pregnant. However, they didn't raise her to be a murderer either. The whole thing is just so sad and bizarre and I wish there were truly a lesson on parenting that we could all learn here. I don't think there is.

My gut feeling is this. George is not a dummy. He worked as a police officer and said himself that he immediately recognized the smell of a dead body when he got near Casey's car. He said you never forget a smell like that. Cindy on the other hand is a mom. She is going to be the one who will believe any bizarre story that Casey tells her (from Jesse to Zanny the Nanny) because to even believe anything else is horrible. I think George tried to kill himself because no matter how many times he said the smell was "old pizza boxes" when he was alone or right before he fell asleep when he really had time to think...he knew that his daughter was a murderer. Try as he may to convince himself otherwise, he knew.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:49 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I know. I cannot even go there. Having a child/grandchild kidnapped is every parent's idea of hell. Then, seeing photos of your daughter partying and acting like a bimbo after her daughter is missing? Honestly...I don't even think I could function.

I suppose since my kids are just babies, it's time to start them down the path towards responsible adulthood. I'm not saying Cindy and George were perfect parents. That flew out the window when their unmarried teenage daughter got pregnant. However, they didn't raise her to be a murderer either. The whole thing is just so sad and bizarre and I wish there were truly a lesson on parenting that we could all learn here. I don't think there is.

My gut feeling is this. George is not a dummy. He worked as a police officer and said himself that he immediately recognized the smell of a dead body when he got near Casey's car. He said you never forget a smell like that. Cindy on the other hand is a mom. She is going to be the one who will believe any bizarre story that Casey tells her (from Jesse to Zanny the Nanny) because to even believe anything else is horrible. I think George tried to kill himself because no matter how many times he said the smell was "old pizza boxes" when he was alone or right before he fell asleep when he really had time to think...he knew that his daughter was a murderer. Try as he may to convince himself otherwise, he knew.
I know everyone gets tired of hearing this...but the Anthony's are classic enablers who are unable to let go due to their own fears & regrets. Yet, they were probably MISERABLE when she was living at home with Caylee. Casey Anthony didn't get the way she is (or portrayed) overnight.

Casey Anthony is a punk. She has severe mental issues. Again, doesn't happen in 24 hrs.

The parents had to see the writing on the wall in regards to her behavior. Unfortunately, very little they could do & I bet they were concerned about the welfare of Caylee from the moment they found out their daughter was pregnant.

I'm sure the parents have rerun the past 20+ years in their head & are in both severe denial and severe guilt.

Yes, they knew. But the overwhelming AWFULNESS of it almost makes them immune to having to ACCEPT it and take it on.

When the cameras go away & the trial is over...years from now...the Anthony's will be in a hell so awful b/c the REALITY will be in their face & they will have no where to run to or other things to take away their attention.

Honestly, if someone would have told the truth from day 1, I think most of this debacle on tv could have been avoided. Take responsibility. Accept the consequence. Move on.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:40 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,551,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
I know everyone gets tired of hearing this...but the Anthony's are classic enablers who are unable to let go due to their own fears & regrets. Yet, they were probably MISERABLE when she was living at home with Caylee. Casey Anthony didn't get the way she is (or portrayed) overnight.

Casey Anthony is a punk. She has severe mental issues. Again, doesn't happen in 24 hrs.

The parents had to see the writing on the wall in regards to her behavior. Unfortunately, very little they could do & I bet they were concerned about the welfare of Caylee from the moment they found out their daughter was pregnant.

I'm sure the parents have rerun the past 20+ years in their head & are in both severe denial and severe guilt.

Yes, they knew. But the overwhelming AWFULNESS of it almost makes them immune to having to ACCEPT it and take it on.

When the cameras go away & the trial is over...years from now...the Anthony's will be in a hell so awful b/c the REALITY will be in their face & they will have no where to run to or other things to take away their attention.

Honestly, if someone would have told the truth from day 1, I think most of this debacle on tv could have been avoided. Take responsibility. Accept the consequence. Move on.

I agree...You would think the grandparents would stand up for their dead granddaughter who was murdered and tossed like trash to her grave. Do what is right. Although painful do the right thing and get justice for that little girls killer. Someone needs to stand up for that precious angel and nobody is. Sad... Did anyone love this little girl?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:52 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Lets also inject some common sense into this CLAIM of hers about a Nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez. Last I heard that kind of care took money and where did she get the money from if she didn't have a job as the investigation has shown?

I don't think Casey would know the truth if it bit her in the bum.

I also think the parents are realizing that they might have made a difference if they had been paying MORE attention. Casey should never have been allowed to be the primary care taker for this child. The parents had to have seen the signs, one a nurse and one a cop that something was not right but as a parent I am sure they didn't want to face it.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:53 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
I think any way they go they are ruined . My aunt lives in their neighborhood and it has been a nightmare there are constant news people running the neighborhood at all hours . I think it is easy for us to sit back and judge and woulda , shoulda , coulda , but lets face it none of us knows how we would re act to a sittuation like this unless we were smack dab in it . I would like to think I could step in if my child ever acted this way but let us also face the fact that Casey is a grown woman and no one , not even her parents had any control over her as an adult . I think it is sad that george and cindy lost a grand child and a child over this whole thing but we must also remember that maybe casey has had multiple opportunities to tell her parents what really happened and she has not done so . I feel no sympathy for this Casey woman but do for george and cindy and I wish it could be an easier time for them but they will be stronger for this happening . I think that maybe they ignored alot of the signs or just did not want to see them . All in all it is a sad sittuation to be in .

Old 04-11-2009, 01:14 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think any way they go they are ruined . My aunt lives in their neighborhood and it has been a nightmare there are constant news people running the neighborhood at all hours . I think it is easy for us to sit back and judge and woulda , shoulda , coulda , but lets face it none of us knows how we would re act to a sittuation like this unless we were smack dab in it . I would like to think I could step in if my child ever acted this way but let us also face the fact that Casey is a grown woman and no one , not even her parents had any control over her as an adult . I think it is sad that george and cindy lost a grand child and a child over this whole thing but we must also remember that maybe casey has had multiple opportunities to tell her parents what really happened and she has not done so . I feel no sympathy for this Casey woman but do for george and cindy and I wish it could be an easier time for them but they will be stronger for this happening . I think that maybe they ignored alot of the signs or just did not want to see them . All in all it is a sad sittuation to be in .
I think their reaction is more then likely normal to what they have been faced with. No one wants to accept that their child is mentally broken the way Casey seems to be. I feel really badly for them, not only is their family being torn apart but its being done on the national stage. I can't imagine how hard that is.

As for Casey, this is a death penalty state, it will be interesting to see if the public outrage is enough to give her the ultimate punishment.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:43 PM

What I don't like is that they are going along with Casey's lies, tarnishing Zenaida Gonzalez (they specifically pointed the finger at her in 2008), Jesse Grunt, a girl named Amy...They did not kill the child, but they think they are above the law like Casey is. Plus, the expression "Zanni the nanny" is apparently derived from the drug Zannax, and got mixed up with Zenaida at some point. That's what a lot of kids say it means. People that were partying with her saw Caylee sleep on the couch during the party and she would sometimes wake up and look confused, not reacting like a normal toddler. I wouldn't be surprised if she drugged her many times.

I don't think Casey believes her lies: she's just a narcissist and a sociopath, and you could see a bit of crazy in Cindy's eyes. As much as I feel sorry for the grandparents, they are lying. What's gonna happen when they testify at trial? Will Cindy say she didn't fight with Casey? They should collaborate with police and defend their granddaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime