Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:38 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,415,802 times

Advertisements

how long will it take a jury to convict the Craigslist Killer?

He lived in an apartment in Quin-Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 09:07 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,112,557 times
With the murder weapon, the victims underwear and a trail of emails...I'd have to say less time than it took me to type this response. Boy was none to bright.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,021,203 times
He was done for as soon as the media came up with the clever nickname, "Craigslist Killer." Sounds straight out of CSI. He was certainly not bright though, far too much incriminating evidence. What I'm more interested in seeing is the stance his defense takes. Given that so much is working against him, I'm willing to bet we'll hear a really clever "insanity" or mentall ill argument. I can just see it now, "His mother was bad with men, so he kills women he meets online..." It should be interesting to follow.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:02 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times
It's not uncommon for sociopaths to feel no guilt and believe themselves so clever that they will never be caught!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:57 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
He was done for as soon as the media came up with the clever nickname, "Craigslist Killer." Sounds straight out of CSI. He was certainly not bright though, far too much incriminating evidence. What I'm more interested in seeing is the stance his defense takes. Given that so much is working against him, I'm willing to bet we'll hear a really clever "insanity" or mentall ill argument. I can just see it now, "His mother was bad with men, so he kills women he meets online..." It should be interesting to follow.
It'll be something like that, no doubt. Or the pressure of med school, blah, blah, blah.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:17 PM

368 posts, read 1,388,382 times
You know, I wonder if he didn't WANT to get caught. Even the dumbest rock knows that IPs can be easily traced. He's obviously got SOME sort of tech savvy... he was always texting, and I have to assume that he is fairly smert given that he was in BU's med school.

Unless he just felt SO superior to those poor women that he assumed they'd be too ashamed to report it or that no one would care if they did.

His fiancee sent this really weird email to ABC saying he was being set up and to please leave them alone so that they could get married and live happily ever after... I wonder what she's thinking now that all this new stuff has come out?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,415,802 times
Default fiancee

His fiancee is almost as wacky as the Octomom :-) lol

Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,831,089 times
Lawd knows how many times she's forgiven him for beatings, missed dates, etc. She totally fits the profile of the wife/gf who calls 911 and then refuses to press charges. ("Officer, I was wrong, I shouldn't've asked him what he wanted for dinner until the game was interrupted for commercials. He's already promised to never yank my hair out or punch me in the face again.") As for him, he probably figured that being a big blonde successful White boy would automatically deflect all suspicion. For once the proliferation of Big Brother cameras in the name of "homeland security" paid off, though the images are as craapee (intentional misspelling) as the ones used to try to nab bank robbers.
Neither here nor there, but didn't it strike anybody else as strange that the Warwick "masseuse" robbery was thwarted when the woman's husband happened on the scene? What was their deal?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,126,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamworksSKG View Post
how long will it take a jury to convict the Killer?

He lived in an apartment in Quin-Z
He is not a online killer. He is an american killer or Kansas killer or wherever he came from.

Why continue to create false origins. The person lives in a city. where he went to someone's high school, and worked at someone's job.

Why give craigslist all the credit!!

cheers!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:41 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,693,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AandD View Post
You know, I wonder if he didn't WANT to get caught. Even the dumbest rock knows that IPs can be easily traced. He's obviously got SOME sort of tech savvy... he was always texting, and I have to assume that he is fairly smert given that he was in BU's med school.

Unless he just felt SO superior to those poor women that he assumed they'd be too ashamed to report it or that no one would care if they did.

His fiancee sent this really weird email to ABC saying he was being set up and to please leave them alone so that they could get married and live happily ever after... I wonder what she's thinking now that all this new stuff has come out?
Guess what, it does remind me of the guy who did kill his wife! Then he called 911 and did stay in Braintree, the Sheraton! I do think
she was having a baby. His story with lies did fall apart fast! People sure did feel bad, then the real story, how, money was the motive! How sad
I do think, he did cry in a bad place, however the story did go up in smoke fast. He wanted money, and that was it- She should count her lucky stars
she is still here! Who does know, down the road, what might have been her time! She still has a life, to go on with! Not the girl he killed, and the victims.
She, might soon have been one, who really knows? A great guy, does not do this, also a person, to get married? She also may be a victim, however,
is really finding all this so hard to see? Maybe, she lives, and, the poor girl did die! If you are in med school, how do you get all this time off?
I was under the idea, it was work, a sad lesson for all.

Last edited by maggiekate; 04-23-2009 at 11:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime