Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 08:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Who is Ryan Jenkins?
He was some dude that was on a reality show "Megan Wants a Millionaire" on VH1. He was married to some Playboy model or something like that. Anyway, the girl was murdered & stuffed into a suitcase. He was the prime suspect, he fled to Canada & now apparently realized his doomed fate & decided to off himself, just like he did to his wife. We won't weep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 08:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Interesting that the media did not talk about HER checkered past as a stripper/call girl/ but kept calling her a "swimsuit model". There are so many girls like this one in Vegas and LA that I'm surprised that more tragedies haven't occured.

Don't feel badly for him though either.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/08/0823_jasmine_fiore_myspace_video.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-23-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Interesting that the media did not talk about HER checkered past as a stripper/call girl/ but kept calling her a "swimsuit model". There are so many girls like this one in Vegas and LA that I'm surprised that more tragedies haven't occured.

Don't feel badly for him though either.
Weird. Your post seems to put some sort of blame on the victim because she may/was a stripper/call girl, etc. I didn't realize that was a precursor to being a stigmatized victim.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:43 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Weird. Your post seems to put some sort of blame on the victim because she may/was a stripper/call girl, etc. I didn't realize that was a precursor to being a stigmatized victim.
What has her occupation got to do with her murder? She wasn't killed by a stranger, her husband murdered her.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Not blaming the victim but why was HER background sanitized to make her appear more sympathetic?

Sorry to be blunt about it. I don't think that she deserved to lose her life over it but she was living a life that opened her up to a lot of shady characters all in the pursuit of a life of luxury.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:45 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,210 times
I wish more people on reality shows would off themselves.

... just kidding of course, sort of.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Not blaming the victim but why was HER background sanitized to make her appear more sympathetic?

Sorry to be blunt about it. I don't think that she deserved to lose her life over it but she was living a life that opened her up to a lot of shady characters all in the pursuit of a life of luxury.
Sure, and the local drunk/dorm ****/dancing chick at the bar open them all up to that as well....I don't get it. They all should be looked over, cops roll their eyes over them, etc.? I don't think so. I see what you're saying, but someone's background/career should not make people corner them into some sort of ending.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 PM

454 posts, read 795,915 times
Gh. Just when you think there's a thread we can all agree on, somebody comes up with a spin that's guaranteed to send it into the terlet.

Bravo, my friend, bravo!

Old 08-23-2009, 09:15 PM

You know, let me backtrack a bit by saying that I am personally annoyed by the Jasmin Fiore story for different reasons.

The only reason that this story made the news nationally is because Jasmin Fiore has (had) blonde hair in her DMV photo and the media latched on to the bikini model angle. Then they sanitize Jasmin Fiore's background to make her more sympathetic to the viewing audience.

At the same time, another young and aspiring model, Ashley Nicole Lilly, was found murdered in a hotel (also in Orange County, CA) a few days after Jasmin Fiore. The only difference is that this girl is Black. And she only gets a short byline on the news and zero national coverage. There isn't any international manhunt being launched to search for this girl's murderer.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:17 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Ryan Jenkins, a suspect in his swimsuit model wife's slaying, was found dead in British Columbia
I guess this is in the politics section because you assume somebody will soon blame Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime