Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:32 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i agree with that, but it is just a shame that she let her children be subjected to the same thing that she was. i guess that she was so depressed that she did not see a way out, for either herself or her children.

i remember the story when that boy was sexually abused and when another boy was going to be abused, he finally summoned the courage to go to the police with his story. good for him!

how did this abductor get caught anyhow?
It sounds like 'Sicko/Perv' kept the children with him much of the time. They told the Berkeley security officers that they had a 'sister' at home. I don't want to imagine what sort of indoctrination occurred. Sicko says that we will find this a 'heartwarming' story of how he found redemption.

Those who report on the story have pretty much said he is out of his stark, raving mind and his actions are monstrous.

She told her mother she had 'babies'. Poor girl. Barely more than a baby herself when she had them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 07:37 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
You're trying to look at the situation from your own rational, sane point of view. You have to remember that this was a girl who was abducted at 11, raped, brainwashed and who knows what else and became pregnant as a child. She is not a normal "mother". She's had no education or socialization since the age of 11.

You have to at least try to step outside from your own rational thinking and realize that the brain can be powerfully manipulated. She did not view the treatment she received as unusual. It's all she knew.
i am not criticizing her since the fault is 100% his responsibility! i am just saying that it is a shame that her children had to undergo the same sort of abuse that she did. there is no "fixing" people like him and the public just needs to be protected from predators. i cannot even comprehend how a wife could participate in something this evil.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But yo0u also have to remmeber that the neighbor lived nearby for years and did not suspect anyyhting;so a stroy of hearing kids playing tot eh police and nothing done isn't surprising. rememeberr that alot of teh neighbors knew he was a sex offender and thta he was thought of as wierd by mnay, I see no lawsuit really. But I do think pweople need to rethink why so mnay of these guys are re;leased only to do it over and over. Souds more like you have a grudge against the police and would proably been hollering if they were sued for violating his rights if they had done a search.
I have to wonder about the neighbor or actually husband/neighbor. It sounds like he told his wife to stay out of it. Perhaps he had his own reasons for this, had some sort of legal problems of his own? Anything is possible.

They have included one neighboring house in the crime scene search since the sicko lived in a shed in the backyard of that house for a time and IIRC was somehow in charge of the property for the owner.

They brought in cadaver dogs to search for human remains and have been digging in the backyards.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:01 PM

'Jaycee's Terror Tent'>>>
Inside Jaycee Dugard's Terror Tent Photos - CBS News

After viewing the above I can only pray that skilled mental health professionals will be able to help Jaycee and her children reclaim some sense of dignity and wholeness.

I noticed a trust fund has been set up and hope philanthropists will be generous. Some one mentioned the possibility of a lawsuit but that might take too long. This family needs assistance immediately and I am mentally compiling a list of those who could help financially. Every resource available to Oprah and Dr. Phil should be considered. jmo. And maybe they have already made arrangements to facilitate the healing process. I certainly hope so.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
I am not passing judgement but this sounds more fishy with each passing day. It is hard for me to believe that anybody can be that brainwashed short of electroshock therapy. When somebody takes you by force, you don't just forget about where you came from. Maybe she didn't want to go home.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am not passing judgement but this sounds more fishy with each passing day. It is hard for me to believe that anybody can be that brainwashed short of electroshock therapy. When somebody takes you by force, you don't just forget about where you came from. Maybe she didn't want to go home.
I heard her Mother say that at the time she was taken/11yrs old--that Jaycee was a mellow, cooperative child.

Now think for a minute--you are walking to school and kidnapped by these two strangers. Garrido is over 6ft tall and you never see your family again for 18 yrs. Then your captor does unspeakable things to you and you have two children and live in the backyard in filth.
It is no surprise to me that this child gave up hope. It is surprising that she isn't in a catatonic state. She must be quite a strong young woman.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
For anyone who thinks it's the victim's fault and why didn't she do this or do that, or think an eleven year old planned her own abduction or whatever, start on page four....

New Details About Abducted Girl

Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Quote:

There is nothing fishy about this story at all...
You obviously have never had something this traumatic happen to you. It is absolutely possible to be brainwashed to an extent that you believe nothing else but what is going on around you at the moment. You forget a lot of what has gone on in your life. For all we know, she was told her parents were dead.

I guess you are one of the jerks who say that at age 15 he impregnated her and she asked for it.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
My wife is a Psychiatrist KevK and we have talked a lot about this case (and some others). She tells me that it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE for this young woman to have been mentally incapable of making any decisions about herself, for herself, for her children and so on. And one can actually be made to forget "where they came from".

Old 08-31-2009, 07:24 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
My wife is a Psychiatrist KevK and we have talked a lot about this case (and some others). She tells me that it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE for this young woman to have been mentally incapable of making any decisions about herself, for herself, for her children and so on. And one can actually be made to forget "where they came from".

from what I read earlier today, the children did not know that Jaycee was their Mom. Sad....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime