Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

They apparently have one person in mind and are watching them closely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 10:37 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
It did give the TV journalists 5 more minutes of dialogue. Panel experts opined that this didn't seem likely --a conclusion I reached without hearing their reasons.
Unlikely as a running away scenario was, IMO, hope was the prevailing reason for discussing such a supposition.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:54 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ho View Post
Apparently, the bloody clothing found in the ceiling tiles does not fit the description of the clothing that Ms. Le was reported to have been wearing at the time of her disappearance. So the mystery deepens. If they weren't her clothes, then who's clothes were they? Perhaps the murder's clothes?
They suspect the clothes were that of the murderer, or someone who participated in the murder. What is even more disturbing is that they could not (or perhaps would not) commit to identifying the body at the time the discovery was made. So sad what one human can do to another.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:55 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Seems like life is imitating art, seems that I saw this plot on Bones.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:59 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's a him too. Women don't kill other women like this. It's almost unheard of. I'll bet any amount of money it's a male, and it's probably someone that was obsessed with her and she *ignored* him because she was engaged. These are the actions of a sick mind "If I can't have you no one can!"

It scares me as a Father because I have a daughter that wants to attend Yale. She wouldn't be going for at least 3 years, but I have to confess, I am worried for her safety now even inside a classroom (or lab).

I've already lost one child. My oldest daughter would be 17 now. She was murdered and raped at the age of 9. We lived 2 blocks from her school, she was on her way home when she disappeared. They never found the guy either. My heart breaks over things like this. It's just so sad.
I have a daughter and things like this scares the hell out of me. My heart breaks for you.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:10 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I'm so sick of these evil subhumans. I'm having fantasies of bringing back public executions, particularly the burning at the stake . . . There are virtually no consequences anymore for violent criminals (witness the thugs who raped/tortured/murdered Channon Christian and Chris Newsome who were convicted violent felons out on parole, or Jaycee Duggard's kidnapper/rapist who was also a convicted sex offender, out on parole.) Subhumans quite literally get away with murder. Just eradicating the repeat offender cases alone would cut crime in this country dramatically. I'd also like to see members of parole boards and judges held responsible for anyone who re-offends.

So sorry and sad for her family but especially her fiance.
I debated about making a similar post. I am offended enough to support legislation to have mandatory castration for repeat offenders of sex crimes be an option--for some the death penalty might actually apply because they destroy the person from within in many cases. Certainly, people/women are able to overcome the horror of forcible rape just as prisoners of war are able to resolve the horrors of torture.

Crimes like rape and offenses against children seem to be committed by those afflicted with arrogance and profound neurosis/psychosis--so they certainly don't need the ability to reproduce and I question whether they need to take up further space among those who value life and have some regard for the rights of others.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:31 AM

A lab tech is now thought to be a suspect, though there is no official confirmation.

Annie Le is said to have worked on a team involved in research on MS, diabetes and other diseases which afflict too many people. What a cure for any of these diseases might do to alleviate suffering and expense and reduce healthcare costs might bring cannot be estimated.

If a coworker committed this crime then two people that might have done a great deal of good are now 'dead'.

I just cannot imagine what the motive could have been. I guess the individual is some sort of Dr. Jekyll/Hyde and I am certain all that are touched by his madness will be stunned.

HLN is having a nervous collapse of some sort over this. Ranting on and on about whatever they can think of to create additional drama which I suppose increases ratings.

I remember when I could listen to the news and get some semblance of factual information without all the opinions of experts, particularly those who have books to sell. Those days are probably gone for good.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:55 PM

247 posts, read 379,976 times
You can't even assume the information about it being a lab tech is correct. The papers have been citing "unknown sources" for much of the information they're putting out. The police came out and debunked all of it.

Both her and her fiance had their hearts in the right place. All of the gift proceeds from family/friends purchasing wedding gifts from their wedding wish list were to be donated to charity. The charity was the "I have a dream" foundation.

Apparently, Ms. Le came from family of modest means and she graduated in the top 2% of her HS class and earned scholarships to pay for her education. Bet this makes all of those warped individuals from the other thread feel like total a$$es after they were screaming about "pretty, wealthy" and then had to bring in politics, race, and all sort of things that totally dishonored this poor girl's tragedy. Some people are just too far gone to be saved.

I read a news release that said the police would be forthcoming with details about her death sometime today. Poor kid. This is just all so very, very sad.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
You can't even assume the information about it being a lab tech is correct. The papers have been citing "unknown sources" for much of the information they're putting out. The police came out and debunked all of it.

I read a news release that said the police would be forthcoming with details about her death sometime today. Poor kid. This is just all so very, very sad.

They say they will not have an announcement today.

As far as 'unnamed' sources and the official response from the investigators I am accustomed to that sort of response until there is substantial proof to link the suspected party and the victim.

The pool of potential suspects is small --they repeat that and I would guess we are talking about fewer than 20 people, even 10. The electronic monitoring system records the pass card swipes so that should put a rather fine point on who was in the vicinity when Annie Le was in the basement lab.

I am not yet ready to jump on the 'unrequited love' bandwagon but that leaves few other possibilities: Professional jealousy, total psychopathic breakdown or something that no one will ever guess.

She sounds like a Christa MacAuliffe type of person and hopefully a foundation will be established in her name and much good will be done to honor her memory.

Such a beautiful smile and such a lovely girl. The students said they felt some relief at the vigil held on campus last night. Just senseless but that could be said of all violent acts.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:03 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
A positive ID has not been made but the police believe it is Annie Le.

Body Found in Search for Missing Yale Bride Annie Le - ABC News

Very sad. I feel terrible for the family. However, when choosing a school, one should evaluate the neighboring area. I found the area near Yale to be comparable to the south side of Chicago. USC is in Watts. Hopkins is in a dump. Columbia med school in Spanish Harlem. Univ Ill Chicago in a nasty part of Chicago- Univ of Chicago not much better......ect........

Violence can happen ANYWHERE, but I think there is an appeal of colleges in relatively safer towns for your kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime