Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,565,189 times

Advertisements

Madoff is sitting out a life sentence...and the SEC never checked into Madoff's company although they were warned over and over and missed it completey...which cost many people their life savings and it cost many people their health and some even their life!

Do we want to trust this same government to handle our health care?

It doesn't matter who is in charge...Dem. or Rep...the government can't run the postal service either....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 11:28 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,940,015 times
So I should trust insurance companies whose employees are given incentives to deny my medical claims and who give doctors incentives to spend as little time and money as possible with patients?

Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,565,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
So I should trust insurance companies whose employees are given incentives to deny my medical claims and who give doctors incentives to spend as little time and money as possible with patients?
No, I'm not saying that...if you can get ins. across State lines you get more competition and the best will survive...people will go to another provider if the service isn't good, that is how free markets always have worked.

The government is not competing with anyone and I can assure you the government won't drop you but limit your treatments and to which doctor you can go...

Old 09-14-2009, 12:06 PM

5,224 posts, read 4,988,798 times
No system is perfect.. no one ins infallible.

that being said.. the premise and purpose of the SEC is a good one.. did they miss something..they certainly did..but ultimately there is more they DON'T miss or mess up than what they do. You just don't hear about it everytime they stop something or catch something.

THe motivation or purpose of things is important to look at.. and the motivation of insurance companies is simply to profit at any cost irregardless of human life. Government's purpose and intent is nothing of the sort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime