Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
...I heard stories for years about people who would kill Manson the minute he walked through the gates to the outside.
And Sharon Tate's sister has attended every parole hearing of the Manson "family" members. She was probably the most successful of anyone in blocking Susan Atkins' release.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:51 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And Sharon Tate's sister has attended every parole hearing of the Manson "family" members. She was probably the most successful of anyone in blocking Susan Atkins' release.
Good for Patti Tate.

BTW some of the Manson family members were released from prison - just none of those connected to the Tate-Hinman-La Bianca murders.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:05 AM

587 posts, read 1,466,368 times
Susan Atkins died over a year ago. It's old news, but it's interesting to note how blood thirsty Americans can be. Do any of you feel any safer now she's dead? I doubt.

Atkins et al committed the crimes decades ago, and I know they were not the same people 40 years later. Sure what they did to their victims were heinous and hard to forgive or forget. But over the years Atkins, Van Houten and Krenwinkle have demonstrated their remorse over the crimes of their youth.

Think about it people. It was a different age, they were terribly misguided young women, under the influence of a demented man as well as drugs. You all nor I, can imagine anyone having that sort of influence over us, but they allowed it.

It's time Van Houten and Krenwinkle were released.

And the monster called Manson? Who created him? Society did. We make up a society.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 AM

136 posts, read 379,633 times
I just saw this thread. HOORAY, Susan Atkins is dead - I just woke up and now my day will be a little cheerier. I went to high school with Steven Parent, the first victim of Manson's slaughterfest and good friend of mine. When do we get to sever Charlie's limbs an inch at a time?

Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I wouldn't go as far as saying she was the most succesful. It had more to do with "public demand" and successive governments, who didn't want their legacy tarnished by being the Governor who freed a "Manson follower".

As for Debra Tate, I consider her a self promoting mediawhore. She calls herself a victims advocate, yet feels Polanski is being treated unfairly. This is the same person who appeared on every show that featured Roman Polanski right after his arrest last year, defending him over having sex with a 13 year old.

Goodness even her father disinherited her.

Sharon Tate's Sister: "It Was A Consensual Matter"

Old 06-26-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazboy View Post
I just saw this thread. HOORAY, Susan Atkins is dead - I just woke up and now my day will be a little cheerier. I went to high school with Steven Parent, the first victim of Manson's slaughterfest and good friend of mine. When do we get to sever Charlie's limbs an inch at a time?
Atkins died over a year ago. It was a long drawn out process as every time doctors said she had just a few days left, the old gal would keep going.

People will lay claim to just about anything online. I would have thought you would have known of her death last year, being a good friend of her first victim and all that

Old 06-26-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Good for Patti Tate.
Sadly, Patti Tate died in 2000 of breast cancer. She was only 11 when her sister was murdered. Apparently, after their mother Doris died in 1992, Patti took over the non profit victims rights organization that Doris had started and attended most of the parole hearings. I think it's her older sister, Debra, who must have continued the cause. Isn't she the only surviving member of the immediate Tate family?

Old 06-26-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
It was a different age, they were terribly misguided young women, under the influence of a demented man as well as drugs. You all nor I, can imagine anyone having that sort of influence over us, but they allowed it.
All the more reason that Van Houten, Krenwinkle and Kasabian should stay where they are.
Larry King Live : Manson girl Linda Kasabian and Sharon Tate's sister

Old 06-26-2010, 08:59 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,498,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
Susan Atkins died over a year ago. It's old news, but it's interesting to note how blood thirsty Americans can be. Do any of you feel any safer now she's dead? I doubt.

Atkins et al committed the crimes decades ago, and I know they were not the same people 40 years later. Sure what they did to their victims were heinous and hard to forgive or forget. But over the years Atkins, Van Houten and Krenwinkle have demonstrated their remorse over the crimes of their youth.

Think about it people. It was a different age, they were terribly misguided young women, under the influence of a demented man as well as drugs. You all nor I, can imagine anyone having that sort of influence over us, but they allowed it.

It's time Van Houten and Krenwinkle were released.

And the monster called Manson? Who created him? Society did. We make up a society.
So what I hear you saying is that it is OK for someone to commit the most heinous crime, at any age, because when they get older, be it 1 year, 2 years, 10 years, 40 years, they will realize it was wrong, and they should be forgiven for that crime by being released from prison. I'm sorry, but my feelings and concern are for the crime victim(s) and their families, I have NO LOVE or SYMPATHY for the POS that caused, or was intimately involved in, the death of the victim. It is amazing what people forget, and forgive, as time moves forward. Unless it happens to you, or you are intimately involved in the criminal justice system at any level, the general public is waaaaaaay tooooooooo soft hearted towards the low lifes in this country. Remember the Victims, NOT the perpetrators. They are, unfortunately, still alive, while the victim is dead and their family members grieve the rest of their lives.

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 06-26-2010 at 09:46 PM..

Old 06-27-2010, 01:06 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
You hear this issue every day with these criminals. Should they be allowed to get out after a certain amount of time or stay in forever? Ask yourself, if it were your mother, father or mate, child even, would you want them out? And, the way these poor souls were slaughtered?? Unspeakable. I think we should have compassion that these killers took the wrong road, due to impressionability, drugs, bad childhoods, whatever--it was a wasted life for them and their families, too and they probably suffer a lot from their actions--but keep them where they are. There has to be a penalty for what you do--that's society's rules. And, their act was not even an everyday murder, so to speak, it was torturous. There has to be repurcussions for people's behaviors. IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime