Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times

Advertisements

I have read the highlights. There is nothing to convict Amanda and her boyfriend. NOTHING. In fact, all the evidence that they used is bogus. 1. They say all 3 of them busted window after killing roommate and exited. No evidence that Amanda was in that room or boyfriend. The knife found at Amanda's boyfriend, had s tiny inkling of dead woman's blood. NO PROOF. Foot print found on floor, was not Amanda's boyfriend.
What evidence there is, it is circumstantial but really makes me wonder if she was involved. At 7:45 a.m she was at store buying bleach. Why in the world was she buying bleach at 8 a.m.?? This is when the dead body of her -roommate lay on floor dead, was still in her room. Police found clothes washed in bleach at Amanda's boyfriend's house. On Amanda's My Space blog, she wrote about a story of a killing of roommate, day before murder. Weird? Stuff doesn't add up. Could this add up to killing of her roommate??? Possibly ..but still all circumstantial evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 06:26 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,556 times
If the parents/family /circle of the convict turn the case into a political one,
claiming antiamericanism & scapegoating,
there is a possibility that the Ital Prez grants her a pardon,after, say,10 years...

Old 12-09-2009, 11:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Americans say she didn't do it, Italians say she did....it all depends on what your sources are. What do you think?

Her parents are moving to Italy to appeal. Here's a link to what happened:

Murder of Meredith Kercher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whoops, I didn't know this was already posted...but I can't delete it. Sorry!
She is guilty as sin and the Italians got it right. Have seen a lot on this story and the girl is not the good girl some want to make her out to be. Hope she enjoys her time in prison, the girl she helped murder will not be enjoying anything ever again.
Casper

Old 12-14-2009, 03:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,429 times
Default What Amanda actualy saw in the Bathroom

What Amanda actualy saw in the Bathroom

perugiaupset.smfnew.com/index.php?topic=20.msg36#msg36

Old 12-14-2009, 03:22 AM

190 posts, read 210,340 times
I have no way of knowing whether or not she is guilty, however some of my observations are:
1. She was convicted in an Italian court and, as a visitor to that country, is bound by its criminal justice system -- something anyone living or traveling abroad implicitly agrees to with their host nation.
2. I think that her supporters (mostly originating fro her home town) put their emotional interests before objectivity, used some unfortunate tactics, and ended up hurting their cause (and actually making Americans look to the rest of the world somewhat like a bunch of whiners with strong feelings of entitlement).

She will automatically get appeals in the Italian court system, so she may be exonerated later.

In any regard, she committed verified misconducts by:
1. Changing her story to the Italian police, then later claiming "police brutality," a claim which resulted in a slander suit
2. Falsely accusing Patrick Lumumba of the crime, also resulting in a lawsuit

No matter what happens with her appeal, at the very least her legal issues regarding her false accusation of Lumumba and resultant lawsuit are probably going to stick to her.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:33 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
Ya know...it's rude to react like that when someone actually shows sadness for a 22 year old girl locked in a foreign prison on what is most likely B.S! That is NOT to say that people, me included, do not care what happened to Meredith Kercher...that "Kercher girl" was murdered and I feel for her family as well, as I'm sure that most everyone else does as well.

That doesn't mean we can't care about the defendant(s) as well. All of them were young people who have lost their youth, as well as a great portion of their lives!

Yeah, it's BS that so many people are defending her.

I've followed the case from the beginning as an American who studied abroad in two European countries and Mexico around the same time as this occurred. I got to see the story from all sides. I'd bet every cent that I have that she's guilty or at the very least was intimately involved in the crime if she did not commit it herself. I can't really believe how many Americans (and it's pretty much only Americans) believe she is innocent. It's not like she was tried in Sudan- she had a trial in a Western country. She chose to live abroad, I can't imagine why anyone would whine about her being tried in the country she chose to live in.

I would feel worse for Amanda Knox's family if they had conducted themselves with decorum throughout the trial. We now know where Amanda got her lack of tact from.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
I obviously haven't got all the facts but simply on gut feeling : Yes the little Madam did it. There was something so incredibly smug about her which jarred with me. She looked as though she felt her little "butter would not melt in my mouth" pretty looks would get her off. That said unless you have all the facts all you can go on is a gut feeling which is not exactly evidence. But the Italian Police and Italian Jury thought the evidence was enough to convict her and I have to respect that .

But she certainly did look guilty to me. Guilty and someone you would want to kick in the backside and give a good slap to.

As to the idea that American Justice is somehow better and superior to Italian Justice I do find that not only arrogant but risible. Plenty of miscarriages of Justice in the US...

Old 12-14-2009, 04:53 AM

190 posts, read 210,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I obviously haven't got all the facts but simply on gut feeling : Yes the little Madam did it. There was something so incredibly smug about her which jarred with me. She looked as though she felt her little "butter would not melt in my mouth" pretty looks would get her off. That said unless you have all the facts all you can go on is a gut feeling which is not exactly evidence. But the Italian Police and Italian Jury thought the evidence was enough to convict her and I have to respect that .

But she certainly did look guilty to me. Guilty and someone you would want to kick in the backside and give a good slap to.

As to the idea that American Justice is somehow better and superior to Italian Justice I do find that not only arrogant but risible. Plenty of miscarriages of Justice in the US...
What may be missed across the pond is some of the cultural traits and political perspectives inherent to Knox's hometown of Seattle. They have a (speaking in broad, stereotypical terms for sure) very stoic and somewhat socially introverted culture compared to other Americans. However, they are also quick to rally around a cause celebre -- particularly if it has bearing regionally -- and are somewhat defensive in the regard that "one of their own simply cannot be this monster portrayed in the European press."

As an experiment, google "Amanda Knox" in the news and you will likely find that most U.S. based newspapers with heavy editorial content regarding this case are based in Seattle.

Contrasted, to for example, Michael Fay, the young American man caned in Singapore in 1994 for committing vandalism, whose hometown in Ohio, when polled, had a majority who responded that they felt he "probably deserved it."

Old 12-14-2009, 05:31 AM

2 posts, read 3,429 times
The prosecutor Giuliano Mignini "the conspiracy theorist"

He follows to lunatic ravings of this lady named Gabriella Carlizzi who runs a baseless conspiracy theory website in Italy

Who is Gabriella Carlizzi

Gabriella Carlizzi, a prolific Roman blogger, claimed that Meredith’s murder had been ordered by the dark masters of an esoteric Masonic sect, the Order of the Red Rose, to which she thinks both Meredith and Amanda may have belonged.

“This is just my personal opinion,” she begins modestly, “and it may have no value to the investigators, but my research in America and England has reinforced my idea that this case must be interpreted from an esoteric point of view.”

Meredith and Amanda went to two universities, Leeds and Seattle, which “have become recruitment bases for Masonic orders, both deviant and non-deviant, and of Esoteric Schools,” she claims. These Schools brainwash their initiates into believing that it is right to offer “even the sacrifice of their own lives in a secret ritual, sacrifices often made voluntarily”

Old 12-14-2009, 06:02 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
My gut feeling is that we may never know for sure if Knox and Sollecito were involved or not, but given what I have read in the press, I could not vote to convict either of them. The evidence is not definitive at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime