Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 05:49 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
how much are you willing to bet that this is not the last time amanda knox ends up in a court room for murder? i guarantee you that she's going to kill again and i also guarantee you that she's going to blame it on her time in the italian prison system or some other excuse she'll craft up.

it just amazes me how people in here and elsewhere act as if whatever the media is telling them is factual when it's bs. when you look at the cold hard facts from unbiased sources, she's basically GUILTY. there was no miscarriage of justice in this case. she was convicted off of the evidence that was presented. america needs to take a page from italy's book. it's sickening how the american government put so much time and effort into helping this woman and can't even fix it's own system. yesterday, an inmate from texas was exonerated. troy davis and cameron willingham got railroaded by the american justice system and yet the american government is busy tossing away american tax dollars to free a murderer in italy.

you should be VERY worried if our government is more concerned about freeing a murderer from abroad because they're american and currently finding ways to incarcerate more americans by twisted means. we're busy caring about other countries when we should be worried about our own.

the casey anthony case can't even be compared to this mess because unlike this, the police, prosecutors, etc couldn't prove her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. in this case, the police, prosecutors, and other criminal investigators did. it's that when the american government and media screwed everything up when they got involved by making it more into a political matter than a justice matter. she's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and she got away with murder. it's also safe to say that she WILL kill again and i will like to hear from you as well as others to tell me what's the deal with that.
What, exactly, did US tax dollars pay for with the Amanda Knox case? What kind of time & effort, exactly, did the US spend on the Knox case?

What hard evidence are we ignoring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Right, because two college students with no prior criminal records, conspired with a drug dealer/drifter, who they barely knew, to brutally rape and murder Kercher, after a drug induced sex frenzy. I don't know if you've been following the case lately, but the DNA evidence that was collected from the crime scene was deemed to be contaminated and therefore inconclusive.

As for her conflicting stories.. She was thousands of miles from home, in a country where she had a very limited knowledge of the language. She was confronted by aggressive and abusive police officers who were accusing her of a horrible crime that she didn't commit. Furthermore, Amanda did not have a lawyer present during her interrogation.

While her behavior during the investigation was unusual, it by no means should incriminate her as "a sociopath sex addict." Your allusions to her unusual behavior before and during the investigation derive from media bias and unfounded rumors. Seriously, just because she did a cart wheel, she is now a murderer? By insisting that the "innocent" act or react in a certain way, one begins to traverse a slippery slope that is infused with bias and subjectivity.

Your argument seems to be more of a critique and repudiation of her character; rather than actually analyzing or challenging the evidence at hand.
Also unlike in America where you can say in an interrogation "Am I being charged with anything" and if they say "NO", you can get up and walk out it doesn't work that way in Italy.

You're not going anywhere in Italy.

As I said earlier this country has it is issues, but it beats the "justice" system they have in Italy.

Amanda and her family wasted no time(smart decision) in getting her out of there, because they could have turned around are charged her again.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Also unlike in America where you can say in an interrogation "Am I being charged with anything" and if they say "NO", you can get up and walk out it doesn't work that way in Italy.

You're not going anywhere in Italy.

As I said earlier this country has it is issues, but it beats the "justice" system they have in Italy.

Amanda and her family wasted no time(smart decision) in getting her out of there, because they could have turned around are charged her again.
Completely agree.

As an American, I will admit that I do take my freedoms and rights for granted many times. Not until I really see how other country's justice systems work do I step back and say, "Whoa. Am I lucky!"

Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
how much are you willing to bet that this is not the last time amanda knox ends up in a court room for murder? i guarantee you that she's going to kill again and i also guarantee you that she's going to blame it on her time in the italian prison system or some other excuse she'll craft up.

it just amazes me how people in here and elsewhere act as if whatever the media is telling them is factual when it's bs. when you look at the cold hard facts from unbiased sources, she's basically GUILTY. there was no miscarriage of justice in this case. she was convicted off of the evidence that was presented. america needs to take a page from italy's book. it's sickening how the american government put so much time and effort into helping this woman and can't even fix it's own system. yesterday, an inmate from texas was exonerated. troy davis and cameron willingham got railroaded by the american justice system and yet the american government is busy tossing away american tax dollars to free a murderer in italy.

you should be VERY worried if our government is more concerned about freeing a murderer from abroad because they're american and currently finding ways to incarcerate more americans by twisted means. we're busy caring about other countries when we should be worried about our own.

the casey anthony case can't even be compared to this mess because unlike this, the police, prosecutors, etc couldn't prove her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. in this case, the police, prosecutors, and other criminal investigators did. it's that when the american government and media screwed everything up when they got involved by making it more into a political matter than a justice matter. she's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and she got away with murder. it's also safe to say that she WILL kill again and i will like to hear from you as well as others to tell me what's the deal with that.
See you lose steam with your comments on Casey Anthony. The problem was the prosecution should have went for manslaughter and not murder. I believe it was an accidental death covered up.

And if you know anything about jurors in FL, you wouldn't make those comments. They picked some crew for a jury, several of them had criminal records.

Another one was concerned about making her cruise in time.

To show you how dumb they are in FL they went two counties away to get jurors, instead of moving the trial(like they do in most states) the jurors resented having to be away from home. Even though they would have been sequestered in a hotel regardless.

So they got the bottom of the barrel in regards to the jury.

There were fistfights over seating among spectators, not once but twice, before the court did anything about it.

I think you're a "headline reader", one of these people who has a little information and comments without having all the details.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM

376 posts, read 665,366 times
you know what. i'm through talking to you guys about this subject. i'm not going to waste my time trying to speak with ignorant clueless people that are getting their facts from cnn and yahoo news. the internet is right there in front of you. how about you get your lazy selves up and look it up? i know where i stand at. how about you guys? you can believe she's innocent but don't ignore the facts.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Completely agree.

As an American, I will admit that I do take my freedoms and rights for granted many times. Not until I really see how other country's justice systems work do I step back and say, "Whoa. Am I lucky!"

Exactly, some people don't seem to "get" that when you're arrested in a foreign country it is quite different.

You don't have a right to a lawyer before talking to the police, and you can't just stand up and leave if they're not charging you with anything.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
you know what. i'm through talking to you guys about this subject. i'm not going to waste my time trying to speak with ignorant clueless people that are getting their facts from cnn and yahoo news. the internet is right there in front of you. how about you get your lazy selves up and look it up? i know where i stand at. how about you guys? you can believe she's innocent but don't ignore the facts.
I know where I stand. I stand from the position of having followed the case since the news broke in 2007. I get my news from BBC, CNN, NPR, TIME and Reuters. If that ain't good enough for you, too bad!

I've backed my posts up with facts and logic.

You have not and now you are throwing a big ole hissy fit because you've been called on the carpet for overly dramatic, deceptive statements.

I supported my statements. Now it's your turn, hon.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:16 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,789,986 times
Quote:
you know what. I'm through talking to you guys about this subject. I'm not going to waste my time trying to speak with ignorant clueless people that are getting their facts from cnn and yahoo news. The internet is right there in front of you. How about you get your lazy selves up and look it up? I know where i stand at. How about you guys? You can believe she's innocent but don't ignore the facts.
lmao!!! Bye bye!!:d

Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I have a hard time taking anyone serious who can't use halfway decent grammar. It is "I" not "i", calling people ignorant and you don't know to start a sentence with a capital letter.

Y not y

T not t

Old 10-05-2011, 03:35 PM

487 posts, read 382,736 times
Quote:

Please tell me how the US government "intervened" in this case. I really have no idea what you're talking about.. The basis of your argument seems to be based on speculation, conjecture and incorrect information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime