Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 03:57 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'd love to see how you perform in a foreign country, as a very young woman who barely knows the language nevermind the law and one's rights, effectively defend oneself against an obviously corrupt system.
Amanda Knox personified (and rightly so) the stereotype of the ugly, crass, promiscuous American to the Italians. Her age and ability to speak Italian had nothing to do with the fact that her actions (pre and post-murder) were far beyond inappropriate, especially considering that she was 20 years old. If she wasn't mature enough to know that it was inappropriate to make out with her boyfriend at a crime scene...a murder crime scene, do yoga poses, cartwheels, and make silly faces to her boyfriend while in police custody, etc - then she was definitely not mature enough to even be on her own in a foreign country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 05:42 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Amanda Knox personified (and rightly so) the stereotype of the ugly, crass, promiscuous American to the Italians. Her age and ability to speak Italian had nothing to do with the fact that her actions (pre and post-murder) were far beyond inappropriate, especially considering that she was 20 years old. If she wasn't mature enough to know that it was inappropriate to make out with her boyfriend at a crime scene...a murder crime scene, do yoga poses, cartwheels, and make silly faces to her boyfriend while in police custody, etc - then she was definitely not mature enough to even be on her own in a foreign country.
I disagree. And her ability to speak the language DID affect how she came across to the Italian LEOs. Most 20 year olds have a lot to learn about life but that doesn't mean they shouldn't travel. That's how they get experience.

She wasn't making out with her boyfriend at the crime scene. As far as the silly faces and cartwheels, while it's odd it is NOT indicative of a murderer. And many do yoga poses as a calming technique. Not much different than smoking.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I disagree. And her ability to speak the language DID affect how she came across to the Italian LEOs. Most 20 year olds have a lot to learn about life but that doesn't mean they shouldn't travel. That's how they get experience.

She wasn't making out with her boyfriend at the crime scene. As far as the silly faces and cartwheels, while it's odd it is NOT indicative of a murderer. And many do yoga poses as a calming technique. Not much different than smoking.
Her behavior was not that of a normal 20 year old. I know 12 year olds who are more mature in their actions and awareness of appropriate behavior than Amanda Knox. If she was not able to respect the customs and abide by what is considered appropriate behavior in a foreign country, than she shouldn't have been there.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Her behavior was not that of a normal 20 year old. I know 12 year olds who are more mature in their actions and awareness of appropriate behavior than Amanda Knox. If she was not able to respect the customs and abide by what is considered appropriate behavior in a foreign country, than she shouldn't have been there.
It is quite possible she didn't know that her boyfriend kissing and hugging her as comfort violated the customs of Italy. I wouldn't have known that.

She very well could have maturity issues. Again, doesn't mean she is a murderer or an accessory to it.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
It is quite possible she didn't know that her boyfriend kissing and hugging her as comfort violated the customs of Italy. I wouldn't have known that.

She very well could have maturity issues. Again, doesn't mean she is a murderer or an accessory to it.
It does indicate that she has lack of good judgment and would be prone to making decisions that could endanger others. It was known that she had a habit of bringing strange, random men into the house for sex and therefore had no qualms about jeopardizing the safety of her female roommates. And someone who would deliberately accuse an innocent man of the crime, as Amanda did, shows that she is quite calculating and deceptive when she feels that she needs to save herself (and/or cover up her own involvement.)

Meredith: Foxy Knoxy 'brought strange men back to the house' | Mail Online

Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
It does indicate that she has lack of good judgment and would be prone to making decisions that could endanger others. It was known that she had a habit of bringing strange, random men into the house for sex and therefore had no qualms about jeopardizing the safety of her female roommates. And someone who would deliberately accuse an innocent man of the crime, as Amanda did, shows that she is quite calculating and deceptive when she feels that she needs to save herself (and/or cover up her own involvement.)

Meredith: Foxy Knoxy 'brought strange men back to the house' | Mail Online

There are thousands of young girls, living in similar situations as MK and AK, that bring home men that are virtual strangers. This does not indicate a woman who will kill. She made the accusation against Lumumba under extreme duress in a foreign country where she was very new to the language, law and culture. I'm not ready to say its indicative of a severe character flaw.

Again, this "evidence" is nothing of the sort. It's conjecture.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
There are thousands of young girls, living in similar situations as MK and AK, that bring home men that are virtual strangers. This does not indicate a woman who will kill. She made the accusation against Lumumba under extreme duress in a foreign country where she was very new to the language, law and culture. I'm not ready to say its indicative of a severe character flaw.

Again, this "evidence" is nothing of the sort. It's conjecture.
Interesting that in a country full of Caucasians, Amanda felt the press to make a false accusation of murder against one of the few Black men in the area.

And women who bring home strange men for sexual purposes while living with other women are recklessly endangering the lives, well-being and property of their roommates. She didn't know if these strange men were rapists, drug addicts, had commited previous acts of violence or were capable of murder. If she was bold enough to do that against the approval of the other women, I would not doubt that she was open to having sex with her boyfriend and Rudy Guede. She probably had not problem with using her "talents" to pay for the drugs that she purchased from Rudy Guede.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Interesting that in a country full of Caucasians, Amanda felt the press to make a false accusation of murder against one of the few Black men in the area.

And women who bring home strange men for sexual purposes while living with other women are recklessly endangering the lives, well-being and property of their roommates. She didn't know if these strange men were rapists, drug addicts, had commited previous acts of violence or were capable of murder. If she was bold enough to do that against the approval of the other women, I would not doubt that she was open to having sex with her boyfriend and Rudy Guede. She probably had not problem with using her "talents" to pay for the drugs that she purchased from Rudy Guede.
Interesting that the Italian LEOs are the one who brought Lumumba's name up FIRST.

Again, if bringing home strange men is indicative of a person who is capable of murder, we better start keeping an eye on thousands of young women all over the US.

And yet again, on her "talents", what evidence are you basing your statements on????

Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Quote:
And I, for one, had never tried to portray her as a "good girl". I just happen to believe she didn't murder Kercher.
The evidence implicated Guede but the media and corrupt court system want to blame Knox. I wonder why?

Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,399,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The Italian justice system is a joke, from what I've seen in the press. Of course, I don't have first hand knowledge. Also, I wasn't on the Jury, and I didn't hear all of the facts.

What I've seen and heard from the press would cast a shadow of doubt for me.

la vita non è breve........e non è gratuita (about your status)

il sistema giudiziario è un potere a parte........qui!

the Italian justice system is a power in a different parallel invisible dimension
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime