Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times

Advertisements

I have been following this story since day one and this verdict made me so HAPPPPPY! Yay!!! She's a narcissistic little SOCIOPATH and she deserves to sit her rear end in a foreign prison for the rest of her life.

Anyone who turns cartwheels and slobbers all over her boyfriend in front of an audience just moments after learning that her roommate has been raped and brutally knifed to death is GUILTY (as well as a sociopath). Her parents must be so proud . . .

Her diaries were full of weird violent stuff and she wrote short stories that were also sexually violent and macabre. Sorry, just not normal in my view. It all adds up.

Given that Europe is so soft on crime in general, I suspect anti-American sentiment played into this verdict but that's okay -- in this instance, the end result was that justice was done.

I can only imagine the utter horror her poor roommate had to endure and hope parents will take more care in where they send their children and to whom they entrust them. It makes me sick that there are Americans standing behind this sociopath just because she's American. BS -- she is guilty as charged and I don't accept her as a countryman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 05:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
sure she did it. but here that has nothing to do with being found innocent.
its not like that here, here if you got a good lawyer-- you can kill your ex-- her lover- and walk (oj simpson) or probably soon --blow up NYC and walk (911 trial) but not like that in the old country.
saddam hussein was executed in a matter of days. justice is a mideastern thing, when we got rid of jesus we got rid of justice (he was from the mideast and i dont mean ohio).

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-04-2009 at 06:16 PM..

Old 12-04-2009, 05:36 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The black guy got 30 years.
Which he should have. They deserve each other- the killers.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:37 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
do yuo think she did it ?

Evidently an Itallian jury thought she did it.

I'm quite sure if an Itallian girl got found guilty of a crime in the US, many Itallians would say she was innocent also.

She will be free at about age 50.
Still lots of her life ahead of her. Hope she has changed by then.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Which he should have. They deserve each other- the killers.
The Italian boyfriend goes on trial next...this verdict pretty much guarantees the same fate for him.

This is Amanda and the boyfriend at the crime scene the morning after the murder

Old 12-04-2009, 05:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Italian boyfriend goes on trial next...this verdict pretty much guarantees the same fate for him.

This is Amanda and the boyfriend at the crime scene the morning after the murder
Quote:
An Italian jury has found American student Amanda Knox and her Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito guilty in the stabbing death of British exchange student Meredith Kercher. Knox was sentenced to 26 years in prison and Sollecito was sentenced to 25 years.
Amanda Knox sobs as guilty verdict read - CNN.com

Old 12-04-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I have been following this story since day one and this verdict made me so HAPPPPPY! Yay!!! She's a narcissistic little SOCIOPATH and she deserves to sit her rear end in a foreign prison for the rest of her life.

Anyone who turns cartwheels and slobbers all over her boyfriend in front of an audience just moments after learning that her roommate has been raped and brutally knifed to death is GUILTY (as well as a sociopath). Her parents must be so proud . . .

Her diaries were full of weird violent stuff and she wrote short stories that were also sexually violent and macabre. Sorry, just not normal in my view. It all adds up.

Given that Europe is so soft on crime in general, I suspect anti-American sentiment played into this verdict but that's okay -- in this instance, the end result was that justice was done.

I can only imagine the utter horror her poor roommate had to endure and hope parents will take more care in where they send their children and to whom they entrust them. It makes me sick that there are Americans standing behind this sociopath just because she's American. BS -- she is guilty as charged and I don't accept her as a countryman.
Although Europe does not have the death penalty, most of it is very far from being "soft on crime" except for drugs. If you do crimes in Germany, I know from being there, that you WILL go to JAIL and for longer in many cases than you would get over here for the same crimes. The jails might be a bit more lax than US jails are but they are jails none the less.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:47 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
The defence said that Ms Knox did not hate Ms Kercher and there was no convincing evidence putting Ms Knox at the scene of the crime. The prosecution claimed that Ms Knox cleaned the cottage after the murder because no fingerprints were found, even in her bedroom.

After a drug induced orgy? I don't know if she is guilty or not but that in and of itself just seems implausible.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its not like that here, here if you got a good lawyer-- you can kill your ex-- her lover- and walk (oj simpson) or probably soon --blow up NYC and walk (911 trial) but not like that in the old country.
saddam hussein was executed in a matter of days. justice is a mideastern thing, when we got rid of jesus we got rid of justice (he was from the mideast and i dont mean ohio).
OJ Simpson was not a case of a good lawyer as much as a bad prosecutor. A good prosecutor knows that most of the case is won or lost when the jury is picked and that prosecutor did a horrible job of ridding the jury of people that would be obviously prejudiced for the defense (mainly black women). And, no, it is not just a racial thing. If it were a famous good looking white man, I would not want any white women on the jury either.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:57 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
I read some of the trial transcripts somewhere several months ago.....she's guilty. Her bloody footprints were discovered in the next room where they tried to stage a break-in. A knife with the dead girl's blood was found in the boyfriend's house with Amanda's DNA on it. When asked by police to explain ths knife she said perhaps her boyfriend placed the knife in her hand while she was asleep to get her fingerprints on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime