Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 03:54 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,061,726 times

Advertisements

She did it, but got away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 03:56 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,803,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
She did it, but got away with it.

have you followed the trial at all? Read the evidence and DNA reports?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,308,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
have you followed the trial at all? Read the evidence and DNA reports?
I bet not.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:31 PM

376 posts, read 665,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
If she were in America she would have gotten a fair trial. She is free and hopefully they are flying home within hours.

I would get the hell out of Italy as they do not have Double Jeopardy.

They can turn right around and convict you.

America isn't perfect, but it beats the Italian justice system.
man, are you serious?

if she was on trial in america, she would be GUILTY.

i guess most of you people seem to ignore the fact that her dna was on the murder weapon, at the murder scene and on the victim. let's pretend that this never happened.

i like how people talk about "you didn't pay attention to the evidence". how are you going to dispute actual dna evidence as well as her behavior amongst other things and her lies where she was blaming everybody? it seems like most of you don't even know the case and are obviously getting your information from yahoo news, cnn, fox news, and other media outlets that aren't saying everything that was said.

the truth is amanda knox is a sociopathic sex addict that got caught fouling up and she used her nationality, her looks, and the court system in italy amongst other things to get her off the hook. it doesn't change the fact that she's a murderer.

from what i understand, amanda knox had some serious issues before she even hopped on the plane. she wrote about something where she had a sexual fantasy or some twisted fantasy where she wanted to drug and kill another young woman doing whatever. i also heard that she was about to get fired from some job during her stay in italy by her boss which she implicated in the murder, i don't know what happened to him-i think he got let off because he was falsely accused (go and look it up) and she happened to be jealous of her coworker, meredith ketcher, who was doing better than her. supposedly, her and her boyfriend killed meredith or were involved with the murder.

her behavior after the murder was also weird. she seemed to not care or seem to be affected by what was going on. apparently, they said that she was doing cartwheels, partying, having sex with her boyfriend and wasn't even trying to help with the investigation which the police authorities later used that to pinpoint her as a suspect.

it also doesn't help that her stories doesn't add up, she has accused numerous people of having to do with the murder only for them to be found innocent, and etc. you don't even have to believe the dna but the fact that she actually lied and her stories don't even add up indicate guilt. i don't know why you guys are trying to be hardheaded.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:34 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,320,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
woooooooooooooohoooooooooo......I would be on the next flight out of ITALY! I'm not sure I will ever visit that country again. Welcome home Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, she must leave never to return, especially as long as the Italian court system employs Mignini, who makes up his own outrageous theories of a crime and then attempts to prosecute on that basis. That is exactly what author Douglas Preston did (leave never to return) after being falsely accused of lots of nonsense by the same prosecutor.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:57 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,327,294 times
Interesting article:

Amanda Knox: Three Countries, Three Different Portrayals - TIME

Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM

487 posts, read 383,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
man, are you serious?

if she was on trial in america, she would be GUILTY.

i guess most of you people seem to ignore the fact that her dna was on the murder weapon, at the murder scene and on the victim. let's pretend that this never happened.

i like how people talk about "you didn't pay attention to the evidence". how are you going to dispute actual dna evidence as well as her behavior amongst other things and her lies where she was blaming everybody? it seems like most of you don't even know the case and are obviously getting your information from yahoo news, cnn, fox news, and other media outlets that aren't saying everything that was said.

the truth is amanda knox is a sociopathic sex addict that got caught fouling up and she used her nationality, her looks, and the court system in italy amongst other things to get her off the hook. it doesn't change the fact that she's a murderer.

from what i understand, amanda knox had some serious issues before she even hopped on the plane. she wrote about something where she had a sexual fantasy or some twisted fantasy where she wanted to drug and kill another young woman doing whatever. i also heard that she was about to get fired from some job during her stay in italy by her boss which she implicated in the murder, i don't know what happened to him-i think he got let off because he was falsely accused (go and look it up) and she happened to be jealous of her coworker, meredith ketcher, who was doing better than her. supposedly, her and her boyfriend killed meredith or were involved with the murder.

her behavior after the murder was also weird. she seemed to not care or seem to be affected by what was going on. apparently, they said that she was doing cartwheels, partying, having sex with her boyfriend and wasn't even trying to help with the investigation which the police authorities later used that to pinpoint her as a suspect.

it also doesn't help that her stories doesn't add up, she has accused numerous people of having to do with the murder only for them to be found innocent, and etc. you don't even have to believe the dna but the fact that she actually lied and her stories don't even add up indicate guilt. i don't know why you guys are trying to be hardheaded.
Right, because two college students with no prior criminal records, conspired with a drug dealer/drifter, who they barely knew, to brutally rape and murder Kercher, after a drug induced sex frenzy. I don't know if you've been following the case lately, but the DNA evidence that was collected from the crime scene was deemed to be contaminated and therefore inconclusive.

As for her conflicting stories.. She was thousands of miles from home, in a country where she had a very limited knowledge of the language. She was confronted by aggressive and abusive police officers who were accusing her of a horrible crime that she didn't commit. Furthermore, Amanda did not have a lawyer present during her interrogation.

While her behavior during the investigation was unusual, it by no means should incriminate her as "a sociopath sex addict." Your allusions to her unusual behavior before and during the investigation derive from media bias and unfounded rumors. Seriously, just because she did a cart wheel, she is now a murderer? By insisting that the "innocent" act or react in a certain way, one begins to traverse a slippery slope that is infused with bias and subjectivity.

Your argument seems to be more of a critique and repudiation of her character; rather than actually analyzing or challenging the evidence at hand.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:30 AM

60 posts, read 127,870 times
Her behavior immediately after the murder wasn't just callous, it was a sign that Knox is mentally unstable and amoral. Crimes like that committed against Meredith Kercher are the acts of sociopathic mental cases. Seems like an awfully big coincidence that Kercher was rooming with one (who disliked her) and killed by another.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:21 PM

376 posts, read 665,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Right, because two college students with no prior criminal records, conspired with a drug dealer/drifter, who they barely knew, to brutally rape and murder Kercher, after a drug induced sex frenzy. I don't know if you've been following the case lately, but the DNA evidence that was collected from the crime scene was deemed to be contaminated and therefore inconclusive.

As for her conflicting stories.. She was thousands of miles from home, in a country where she had a very limited knowledge of the language. She was confronted by aggressive and abusive police officers who were accusing her of a horrible crime that she didn't commit. Furthermore, Amanda did not have a lawyer present during her interrogation.

While her behavior during the investigation was unusual, it by no means should incriminate her as "a sociopath sex addict." Your allusions to her unusual behavior before and during the investigation derive from media bias and unfounded rumors. Seriously, just because she did a cart wheel, she is now a murderer? By insisting that the "innocent" act or react in a certain way, one begins to traverse a slippery slope that is infused with bias and subjectivity.

Your argument seems to be more of a critique and repudiation of her character; rather than actually analyzing or challenging the evidence at hand.
how much are you willing to bet that this is not the last time amanda knox ends up in a court room for murder? i guarantee you that she's going to kill again and i also guarantee you that she's going to blame it on her time in the italian prison system or some other excuse she'll craft up.

it just amazes me how people in here and elsewhere act as if whatever the media is telling them is factual when it's bs. when you look at the cold hard facts from unbiased sources, she's basically GUILTY. there was no miscarriage of justice in this case. she was convicted off of the evidence that was presented. america needs to take a page from italy's book. it's sickening how the american government put so much time and effort into helping this woman and can't even fix it's own system. yesterday, an inmate from texas was exonerated. troy davis and cameron willingham got railroaded by the american justice system and yet the american government is busy tossing away american tax dollars to free a murderer in italy.

you should be VERY worried if our government is more concerned about freeing a murderer from abroad because they're american and currently finding ways to incarcerate more americans by twisted means. we're busy caring about other countries when we should be worried about our own.

the casey anthony case can't even be compared to this mess because unlike this, the police, prosecutors, etc couldn't prove her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. in this case, the police, prosecutors, and other criminal investigators did. it's that when the american government and media screwed everything up when they got involved by making it more into a political matter than a justice matter. she's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and she got away with murder. it's also safe to say that she WILL kill again and i will like to hear from you as well as others to tell me what's the deal with that.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,327,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoBald View Post
Her behavior immediately after the murder wasn't just callous, it was a sign that Knox is mentally unstable and amoral. Crimes like that committed against Meredith Kercher are the acts of sociopathic mental cases. Seems like an awfully big coincidence that Kercher was rooming with one (who disliked her) and killed by another.
What behavior are you referring to?

Which roommate killed her? Which did not like her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime