Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:27 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post

he was mentored in homicide and Satanism by his Nam vet cousin Mike (not uncle, thanks for the correction). Ramirez even witnessed Mike fatally shoot his wife in the face.
Probably had more to do with shaping his outlook than AC/DC ("Night Stalker"), but the infamous pic of him with the hat featuring that band's logo had the media throwing blame their way and to that bad, evil rock n' roll in general. Not sure Bon Scott was so influential, but we'll have to leave that analysis to the Dr. Phils of the world. Actually, it was Donahue trying to figure out Tricky Rick back in the day, but not coming to any brilliant conclusions. So, everybody in L.A. was scared shyteless, and shuttered and locked themselves in, even though it was incerdibly hot most of the time.

Not that I'm a big Death Penalty backer, but if you got it, shouldn't this guy have been at the front of the line? Maybe if we just dump him back in the loving arms of the last neighborhood he was in, where the cops rescued him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 09:10 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
I've wondered the same thing. Not that I want a killer on the loose, but you just don't hear about serial killers much anymore.
They're out there, don't for a minute think they're history.

Anonymity is the key. Randy Kraft and his hitchhikers. Mr. Hansen of Alaska and any number of serial killlers preying on prostitutes. No witnesses.

Craig's List would provide ample opportunites. Illegals congregating around Home Depot's or anywhere providing day labor. Online dating sites.

I'm surprised a case like that hasn't surfaced already. Someone angry with illegals seeking day labor, hiring them to do some odd jobs in their houses.

Here, in Las Vegas, I'm forever reading of dead bodies, throughout the year, being discovered in the desert somwhere. Call Crime Stoppers if you have any info. Any number of these could be gang related, but all the same, aren't these serial killings?

And, as jobs become more scarce, people are going to take greater risks which they wouldn't have taken if times were better. And the illegal day laborers? What risk they won't take just to make an extra dollar!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-28-2010 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: Add line

Old 03-29-2010, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,344 times
Question Sociopaths Among Us Is A Very Scarry Reality

Yipes...I remember the hillside strangler spree. It was scarry. I was a teenager and had car trouble on the 170 fwy nearing Griffith Park during that time- it was tense! Years later, in the summer of 1990 I was using a phone booth right off the Golden State(5) Fwy, in Arleta Ca.-in the east San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles County- at a gas station next to the Osborne st sth bound exit. I had been using a pay phone to reach a friend for directions but got a busy signal. so while waiting to try the call again I had started cleaning out my car when I felt an eerie chill when I took some trash to the can near the front of my car. I turned to look in the direction it came from when I saw 4 men grouped in a sort of huddle about 18- 20 ft away, they were beside a gas pump where the passenger door of a yellow van was open. they were the only people near visible in the rear side of the serve yourself station that was just starting to growing darker and I realised I could not be seen be seen by the attendant as the booth which faced the opposite direction with only a front window., I was midway between the payphone and my car when I saw felt that something was wrong, I heard a reference to me that felt evil and without being obvious looked over and tried to hear what was being said when the tall one that the other 3 were all listening to,(the one that looked just like actor Brian )turned and looked right at me with piercing eyes so souless. I wasn't shocked by the viciousness in them and it was odd that allk of them looked at me but 3 quickly looked away as if guilty but the tall one sent a bone chilling vibe that conveyed a real and present danger. This confirmed the source of 'that 'feeling' and just as he looked back at them- without any word or gesture all of the other 3 men turned at the same time and again looked- in unison, while the tall 1 spoke, they listened & seemed to be sizing me up- just as a pack of wolves would size up prey-and even though it might sound like i may have been paranoid and imagining it- I know now as I knew then that whatever they were up to- had plans for me and it was Nothing Nice. This sizing up on both parts all took place over just a moment -but I instinctively sensed that I had to pretend to not notice- as prey, I sensed that any sign of fear or alarm from me would trigger something that I was not ready for, although my car door was open and only 3 1/2 to 4 ft from me and my ability to 'get away' still seemed entirely possible, my windows were both down in my 2 door Camaro and if it turned into a race- they were all within 15 ft and I had to go the few feet to my car, get in and start my car and back up toward them to get out of the parking place and the danger...) So to 'buy time' I had to appear oblivious and remove the challenge and urgency that my noticing them had established and I had to seem oblivious to the glimpse of evil I'd seen in these predators. So I started talking to a dial tone as if caught up in a conversation waving my hands expressively to appear totally uninterested in them and more importantly unaware of they're focus on me, it worked - as I listened to them instead while appearing to be listening to my supposed friend - while I nodded and pretended to write down things on a page I tore from the phone book and Watched Them through my hair as I continuing to portray that I was leaning into the payphone stall, animating my body language to appear that I was fully ingrossed in listening to hear my phone call over the noise of the fwy - all leaned in head down and looking at them through my hair...while in reality I was watching & listening to them, I could see that they were under the impression that they were not of interest to me and were not in an immediate hurry to carry out the plan which I was gathering the frightening details of, from the directing of the leader, the tall 1, now moved to passenger in the van,as he had handed the keys to the guy that had been the vans passenger when they pulled in- his motioning definitly implied that the 2 in the toyota should block my car in from the rear and the van would pull up on my driver door side - where I believe I was to be Put Into The Van by one or both of the van & or Toyota passengers and then the Toyota passenger could then drive my car away...and the van passenger presumably could subdue me as I was kidnapped... to God knows what fate and I remember realising just how easily it could be done- just like that - I could have dissapeared But my survival instincts had reacted succesfully into an act of obliviousness they had allowed me some time with them relaxed enough to wait for me to walk into a trap... and they lurked going over their 'plan' getting obvious with hand motions and remarks that my ears shielded from the freeway noise by the payphones siding I could hear them getting louder than they realised while communicating out in the open noise of the busy Fwy on-ramp WoW-I was frEAKed oUt by the Ominous Reality A primal survival instinct took over and I then knew I Definitly Had to Get Out Of There- as 2 of them were already walking to the the Toyota which was only 6-8ft away from the payphone-AND ME-with the freeway right behind the gas station, dusk turning to night the street lights had not come on yet, I felt the danger, So I feigned that the operater was asking for coin deposits & mimed as if I was just hurrying to get some change and loudly said 'Hold On- if we get cut off Ill Call Back!' and I left the reciever hanging and jogged to my car, this alarmed all 4 men and things shifted immediatley - the passenger from the Toyota abrubtly turned toward me before the driver had got into the car and took a few steps toward my car and stood in a ready stance as if 'in position' to do something .... I Knew I had to Get Out Of There Right Away- but as they were moving too, the Toyota 'passenger' was within 5-6 ft of the open passenger window of my car as I jogged to the farther driver side.... when I got in- all in one motion I turned the key- leaving the door open- and revved as I dropped it into reverse and just as I was about to put it in drive -the Toyota was pulling up fast on my left trying to cut me off with its driver door open- so without applying the brake I put it in drive and screeched foreward about 15 ft to the driveway-the door slammed itself shut-and I locked it and rolled up my window I leaned over to Lock The Passenger door- going far right to where one tire went off the curb and caused the traffic that was moving into the onramp lane to brake and veer to make sure to avoid me - but being mostly drivers going home from a long hot workday they were aggressive and didn't let me in -so I had to stop.. - I could hear angry yelling as I was rolling up the passenger window- I was still stopped for traffic but I felt safer- so I looked back and the van was now pulled into the area where my car had been- with the tall 1 outwalking back toward the Toyota -arms up yelling at the 2 guys both out of the car He Looked Furious and I clearly heard him yell "YoU DumB Mother F-cker's! YoU LeT HeR GeT AwAY!!" the men just looked sheepish and I only knew that I Wanted AwAY from this evil that would have defiled and killed me. I witnessed the Thompson twin's perverse leadership over 3 others to do do what I can not even imagine- I KNOW THIS, I SAW AND FELT IT, Anyone there would have no doubt either. I Would NOT Be Alive if I had been taken by them.
As soon as I had the opportunity to get out onto Osborne st. I took it

I Still Wish I had Gotten the plate #'s but I was just So Glad To Be Away. I did stop at the Foothill Div police station and gave descriptions but they couldn't really do anything with the info- though they felt my fear and did have a car go there but they were gone.
It is frightening to think What would have happened if I had not payed attention to my instincts-or had been distracted that day...or If that tall dominant 1 had not been so bold to show his evil....
The mere opportunity seized upon by sociopathic predators is creepy to ponder. I've often given solemn prayer for all those that it has has gone the other way for- the unfortunate souls their lives cut short by deviants to suffer unknown horrors. Abused, tortured and desicrated leaving loved ones to suffer to some degree till their own end... I think maybe any murderer should be responsible for determining his or her fate- a decision to cause a death should be measured as that persons choice for the reaction to their action. on not even knowing if

My question is this- Q) Have any actor 'lookalikes' been implicated in crimes or attempted ones?? I swear the tall1 is Brian Thompsons identical twin.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:50 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esparanza View Post
summer of 1990

dusk turning to night the street lights had not come on yet,

mostly drivers going home from a long hot workday
Seems kind of late for people to be commuting home, as this would be around 8PM or so.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:35 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
You read that mess?

Old 03-29-2010, 02:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Not only do I remember the night stalker from my childhood, but later on when I was a working adult, I worked with a gentleman by the name of Richard Ramirez. Poor fella.

Also knew a guy whose name was Ken Bianchi, the infamous half of the Hillside strangler duo.
I was about to mention the Hillside strangler as well. Of course if we go way back we can Caryl Chessman? How many remember him?

Nita

Old 03-29-2010, 02:40 PM

I remember when they gassed him.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post
Richard Ramirez learned his sick trade at a young age from his uncle, who returned from the Vietnam war and showed young Richard his photos of all the Vietnamese (mostly women) whom he tortured and mutilated and photographed at the point of death, and then encouraged young Richard to carry out similar acts.

The wave of southern California serial killings in the 70's and 80's was just another blowback from our Holocaust in Vietnam. Most of those killers were US military vets (mostly Marines), including Leonard Lake, Charles Ng and all the others whose names I can't remember right now. Look it up.

War is wrong. War and militarism are not the answers.
Many people return from war and do not do these kinds of things. I go back many years and there have always been serial killers, before and after Nam.

Nita

Old 03-29-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I remember when they gassed him.
and hubby and I were very different then, we were young, niave and never thought bad on anyone. Til the day he died we thought he might be innocent. Of course I thought OJ was as well. (I said, I thought) not I think!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 03:07 PM

That was back when kidnappers were executed. Nowadays, he wouldn't get capital punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime