Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:30 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,099 times

Advertisements

I don't know why the focus was just on Van Der Sloot. The brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe seemed just as involved and just as guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 07:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I bet his stupid parents are still so proud of their little baby boy...
His dad is dead, just thought I would clue you in on that. How his mom feels? I am sure she is beside herself, what mom wouldn't be.

He is a slimbag it appears...Peru won't let him get away with this. I just heard they think he is in Argintina (spelling) maybe Chili

Nita

Old 06-02-2010, 07:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I believe he's into slave trading. I think he sold poor Holloway girl.

He is a dangerous guy, tho. Hopefully, he'll go to jail. His parents have money, so let's what defense they get for their precious baby boy.
I have sometimes thought the same thing, as has my husband. That or she actually ODed and they dumped her body. Whatever, he is a spoiled brat and now look at the mess he is in, not to mention another young women is dead.

Nita

Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,493 times
Is it just a coincidence that this happened on the 5-year anniversary of Halloway's death? Seem too weird for me. But, then again, I've always thought of Joran as one weird fellow. And he's a gambler. Maybe he liked to push his luck to the extreme. But if he gets dumped in a Peruvian prison, he'll need all the luck he can get!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,019 times
Hopefully they throw him in a Peruvian prison. The death penalty would be the easy way out for this POS.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:06 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,186 times
This guy must really have some big problems inside his head. LE needs to check the other places he has traveled for dead/missing young women.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:20 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
this guy is either stupid or is just really insane. you'd think someone accused of a murder that eventually gained worldwide attention like the Holloway case, you'd keep your nose clean. but this crazy fool keeps incriminating himself and now finds himself in yet another murder case. I wonder if this says more about him or about the questionable handling of prior case(s) (cause, honestly, I wonder if Holloway was the first or if there weren't other girls in between that and this latest case)

Old 06-02-2010, 08:24 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have sometimes thought the same thing, as has my husband. That or she actually ODed and they dumped her body. Whatever, he is a spoiled brat and now look at the mess he is in, not to mention another young women is dead.

Nita
That is what I have thought all along and continue to think. It was her last night in Aruba, she wanted to party hearty one last time, probably drank too much, smoked (or otherwise ingested) too many drugs, went off alone with 3 guys. Probably got more drugs from van der Sloot, had a respiratory and/or cardiac arrest and died on the beach. I think he panicked and somehow got rid of the body at sea, maybe with help from someone. I have always thought that the father knew everything that happened, maybe even helped in some way with getting rid of the body. A body dumped in those waters a ways off the North Shore in Aruba would be carried away by the strong current in short order and never found.

Joran told so many different stories that even if he told the truth (and maybe one of the stories was the truth), no one will ever know for sure what happened to her. I have little doubt that the Aruban authorities dragged their feet with the investigation, bungled it, maybe even covered it up and all because the father was a prominent citizen on the island.

After that, it was all downhill for Joran and his parents. Had this not happened, maybe he would have outgrown his youthful wildness and settled into a more productive life.

If there is anything to be learned from this, it is that a girl should NEVER go off alone with guys she has just met. Had Natalee been with even one other friend, this story would probably have had a different ending.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:12 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
i knew that sucker did it.. he will deseve every reaming up the----- he gets

Old 06-02-2010, 09:34 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
Maybe someone will vanderslit his throat, and save a lot of tax money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime