Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Joran Van Der Sloot presumed Innocent or Guilty?
Innocent 10 5.21%
Guilty 182 94.79%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:30 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Could he be innocent...?...let us count the ways............nope-zilch.
He got a pass with the first murder that we know of. No telling how many more he got passes on.
He got stupid,reckless and busted with this one.
Had he not been given a pass before, this one one not have happened.
Blame the Aruba LE for this murder, in addition to placing the blame directly at the murderer.
Anyone with any sense would never,ever visit Aruba after the Natalie Holloway disapperance. That's my opinion and I stand by it. I wouldn't go there if given a free trip,land and or house.

I am going to be standing right beside you on this one also. I fully agree, I would not go there ever either.

After Natolie, didn't he flee back to Netherlands or somewhere like that? The Aruba police didn't do diddly squat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBornSouthernBelle View Post
Innocent until proven guilty.
Things don't look good, but how many times were you innocent but accused in your life? Of course,he isn't in America, so I don't know if innocent until proven guilty counts. I sure wouldn't want to be in his shoes. I feel sorry for all the families involved, including his. I can't imagine what his Mother is feeling.
yeah, and lets thank god he isn't here in America, because with our legal system the way it is here, he would become a free killer.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:59 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I am going to be standing right beside you on this one also. I fully agree, I would not go there ever either.

After Natolie, didn't he flee back to Netherlands or somewhere like that? The Aruba police didn't do diddly squat.
Just don't be getting into a car alone with three horny teenagers at 1 a.m. and you'll be OK.

After Joran graduated from high school he went back to the Netherlands to attend college.

You are right about the Aruba police. They so rarely have to deal with murders they don't really know how to conduct a proper investigation.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 03-17-2011 at 10:40 AM..

Old 03-17-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Just don't be getting into a car alone with three horny teenagers at 1 a.m. and you'll be OK.

After Joran graduated from high school he went back to the Netherlands to attend college.

You are right about the Aruba police. They so rarely have to deal with murders they don't really know how to conduct a proper investigation.

yeah, that i will give you, any girl that goes in a car with 3 boys alone is not the best decesion one could make, i do agree with that.
but even though, it isnt a reason to be killed..

Old 03-17-2011, 05:36 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
yeah, that i will give you, any girl that goes in a car with 3 boys alone is not the best decesion one could make, i do agree with that.
but even though, it isnt a reason to be killed..
No, it isn't. What really happened will never be known. Joran is a pathological liar and you can't believe a word he says.

Up until the Peru incident, I was still giving him the benefit of the doubt, thinking Natalee probably had a respiratory/cardiac arrest from a drug OD, that Joran was probably the one that provided those drugs to her (knowing she was already drunk), that he then panicked and got rid of her body by taking it out to sea and dumping her. (Probably with help and/or advice from his father.) But now that we know how brutally the gal in Peru was murdered, I've had to rethink my hypothesis entirely and consider something else. Now I'm thinking that Natalee and Joran got into a very intimate encounter, she said "No" when it was already too late, started struggling and fighting and he lost it and smacked her around too harshly and/or outright murdered her in anger......and THEN dumped her body at sea. If she were dumped off the north shore in Aruba, her body would be carried away by the strong current that is present on that side of the island and very shortly she would be fish food. Joran's father admitted that he had advised his son, "No body, no case" so we know that Joran confided something to his father, who took that information to his grave. I don't think his mother knows to this day what really happened.

If there is any lesson to be learned from this, it is that a woman should NEVER go off alone with some guy(s) she has just met.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
No, it isn't. What really happened will never be known. Joran is a pathological liar and you can't believe a word he says.

Up until the Peru incident, I was still giving him the benefit of the doubt, thinking Natalee probably had a respiratory/cardiac arrest from a drug OD, that Joran was probably the one that provided those drugs to her (knowing she was already drunk), that he then panicked and got rid of her body by taking it out to sea and dumping her. (Probably with help and/or advice from his father.) But now that we know how brutally the gal in Peru was murdered, I've had to rethink my hypothesis entirely and consider something else. Now I'm thinking that Natalee and Joran got into a very intimate encounter, she said "No" when it was already too late, started struggling and fighting and he lost it and smacked her around too harshly and/or outright murdered her in anger......and THEN dumped her body at sea. If she were dumped off the north shore in Aruba, her body would be carried away by the strong current that is present on that side of the island and very shortly she would be fish food. Joran's father admitted that he had advised his son, "No body, no case" so we know that Joran confided something to his father, who took that information to his grave. I don't think his mother knows to this day what really happened.

If there is any lesson to be learned from this, it is that a woman should NEVER go off alone with some guy(s) she has just met.

That is a start. I have 3 sons, so I don't know anything about raising girls. But I also don't want any of my sons in a situation like this either. Thank God, the teenage years are over now....
..............and this is why parents like me and a bunch of others here in CD world, do not let our children attend these so called "get away" parties graduation thing, spring break things, or whatever the hell they call them these days...

call me me mean, don't care.......as a parent I have to make sure that my sons get guided in the right direction in life............

Joran is a completely rotten person, his mother seemed to be living in dreamland, with not a clue and apparantly the father is no better.

Unfortunetely the truth will never be known. We can all hope and pray Joran will rot in hell for the rest of his life.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:52 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Joran van der Sloot appears to confess to Holloway murder | New York Post

Quote:
Dutch convicted killer Joran van der Sloot, who is in a Peru jail for the 2010 murder of a 22-year-old woman there, was captured on an undercover video admitting that he lied to the police about Holloway’s death, Radar*Online.com reported Wednesday.

“I always lied to the police. I never told the truth,” said a grinning van der Sloot in the video. He was speaking in Dutch about the Holloway case to his wife and an undercover reporter working for Radar*Online and the National Enquirer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime