U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 02:07 AM

4,864 posts, read 7,434,202 times

Advertisements

I have looked in the Yellow Pages, online and asked people, if there is such an outfit that will come to your home and completely organize your closets or garage by installing new shelves, drawers, etc.? They won't tear out walls, but will re-organize and increase your storage space with shelving, drawers, and other space saving devices. I've heard of places that will do the same thing for your garage.

Is there any place like that in Tucson that will come out and do that kind of work? I'm truly not up to climbing an extension ladder to hang shelves in my garage.

Thanks for any ideas.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 03:31 PM

8,874 posts, read 14,233,516 times
Classy Closets has a showroom at 3955 East Speedway. They offer free design consultation that you can sign up for through their Website if you don't want to visit their HQ (although if I were you, I'd like to see the options in person). They even sell Murphy beds.
Classy Closets Tucson | Arizona Custom Closets and Home Storage Solutions | Classy Closets

For garage storage, a lot of companies will put big overhead shelving units in for $300-400. Those coupon books that come in the mail (Valupak, etc.) almost always have coupons from companies offering special deals. This month's HomeMag has an ad from SafeRacks offering a 4x8 ft. overhead rack for $299 during August. 520-407-6901.
Arizona Garage Cabinets Etc. is another company that does that, plus installs cupboards with doors to flank the walls. They are licensed and insured. 520-624-1166.
Since there are safety issues involved in overhead storage, I would only deal with someone who guaranteed their work.

If you are willing to drive up to Chandler, IKEA right off I10 (Warner Rd. exit) has less expensive closet systems, but they don't do installation. The great national chain The Container Store is in Scottsdale (Scottsdale Rd. at Mayo Blvd.). Personally, I could spend the day in that place. They sell the popular and versatile Elfa organization systems and do the design for free on their computers. But I don't know if they install in Tucson.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:55 PM

100 posts, read 293,631 times
Costco uses California Closets. You can get a brochure at the store. I think that they will come out to your home for an estimate and stuff, but you'll need to be a Costco member to get the best prices. I just checked online, and the website does say it is only available in some areas, but I know I've seen the brochures at the Costco on Grant.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:11 PM

9,482 posts, read 27,664,502 times
Good Luck, Marcy . . .

A few years ago I decided to have a 4' x 5' utility closet converted into a pantry. WOW, was I shocked . . . reps from two closet organizing companies wanted about $3k plus for the job.

I'm not poor but I am also not crazy either.

After a few visits to Lowe's, I did exactly what they were offering using the DIY rubber coated wire shelving for about 250 bucks, including the paint, and about six hours of my time.

FYI . . . on the handyman efficiency scale, I hit about as low as it gets.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 PM

19 posts, read 46,246 times
Yep, Costco is great. I live in Phoenix and when I saw the subject, I immediately thought of Costco. We have gone though them at our last house and they did great work for low prices. If you aren't a member of Costco you will NEED to become one. It'll be worth it. Gas is cheapest wherever you go, amazing pizza XD, cheapest tires, cheapest prescriptions, but it's all quality warehouse stuff. Watch out though, kind of like Target, you just put stuff in your cart and go up to the check-out counter and everything turns out to be $200. It's not because it's expensive, it's just because you can't go to Costco needing a couple things and come out with only a couple of things. There are two in Tucson, one what looks like the far northwest end of the city at W Orange Grove Rd just east of I-10 and another on Grant just north of where Wilmot curves into Tanque Verde.

Google Costco for more info.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 AM

4,864 posts, read 7,434,202 times
Wow! Thanks, everyone. I didn't think of Costco. I'll have to check into them. With a Home Depot Wal-Mart and Target practically within walking distance, I forget about Costco. The Costco by me is off I-10, as I'm in Oro Valley. I'm not usually an impulse shopper, but I do get carried away at the Big Box stores.

I have a one car garage with my condo (as well as a carport) and the garage has rafters with old doors sitting haphazardly across them for shelves. (Came that way). The ceiling is 12', but I wouldn't need that much space. A couple of shelves reachable by ladder and pegboard or something for the walls which are just exposed studs.

The closet is my son's and it's 5' x 3' with 9' ceiling. He has one shelf (the wire kind Bummer was talking about) along the 5' wall and along the 3' wall at about 4' up, but that's it. He could put at least three more shelves on each wall and maybe some built in drawers or something. Nothing fancy or expensive, just functional.

Next on my list is to find a Handyman for all the little things around here that need fixing.

BTW, Home Depot did the wood floor in my DR and I was really pleased with it. That was a suggestion on this board, too, so I appreciate everyone's help immensely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson