Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:59 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNomad View Post
Bragnan, the west side has some solid nice areas that fall within or even below your price range for what your seeking. I'm very positive that there's some very nice home's out there on at least 1/2 acre or more lots, and around roughly 2000+ square feet homes in the $250-$300k range.
Bragnan, USNomad is right. The homes at Sky Ranch on N. Thornydale south of Tangerine were originally built to bottom out at about $350,000, but now they have "builder inventory" for as low as $210,000. I don't think the lots are an acre, but the houses are very far apart, newly built, conveniently located, and the views are gorgeous. You'll pay Marana taxes even though it's on the east side of I10 -- a plus in my book. Google "Sky Ranch Tucson" or check out this for an example, asking price $250,000:
Property Details - 11448 N Moon Ranch Pl Marana Arizona 85658
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 10:13 AM

5 posts, read 14,813 times
Idk, where everyone is getting their info but Sahuarita is much closer than most other "suburbs" such as Marana, Vail, and Oro Valley to downtown Tucson. I also think there is a lot of development going on out here. I live in Sahuarita and worked in downtown Tucson for a while and my commute rarely took more than 20 minutes, if ever. There are also other places in Sahuarita (not just Rancho) that might be nice. I personally think Madera Reserves and Madera Highlands are beautiful areas and my favorite choices! Vail/Corona de Tucson would be my third pic after the two previously mentioned if I could purchase in your price range. They have the best school district and can provide you with a nice house on a decent amount of property. However Vail does have a bit less development than most other places. If you want to be in the City the only semi decent area part of town is in Sam Hughes, but I am not sure how family friendly that part of Town is, but it sure is a hip part of town. I think if you want to go North with a longer commute Oro Valley is also a great option!

Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesydq View Post
There are also other places in Sahuarita (not just Rancho)
Ha-ha, there sure are! I had a lot of fun one day watching the 2 kinds of residents meeting in the local Fry's!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:11 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
My elderly mother lives with me (near Omni Tucson National) and she sometimes gets invited to activities at The Fountains. She's also been to some films and lectures at The Country Club of La Cholla, which is on La Cholla Blvd. just north of Magee. They have two-bedroom apartments for the residents there (like smallish condo units). I don't think that place is as big as The Fountains but it seems well-managed and is in a convenient location near the Foothills Mall. Both those residences are very close to Northwest Medical Center, also on La Cholla.
Yes, I actually temped at CC about ten-eleven years ago. I thought it was pretty nice, but wasn't sure if they had actual assisted living or just senior living with on-site amenities. That's why I didn't mention it.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:14 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,515 times
Many of the neighborhoods people are mentioning in this tread sound great, but what are the HOA fees like? Listing particular amenities and home values is a tremendous help, but the HOA fee could easily be a deciding factor on where to live.

Like the OP, I am also researching Tucson as a place to live so I'm in the process of collecting data too. I would prefer a neighborhood with no HOA, but if there is a HOA, a low fee and/or good bang for the buck would be crucial.

Anyone know where to go to get info on Tucson neighborhood HOA fees?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Many of the neighborhoods people are mentioning in this tread sound great, but what are the HOA fees like? Listing particular amenities and home values is a tremendous help, but the HOA fee could easily be a deciding factor on where to live.

Like the OP, I am also researching Tucson as a place to live so I'm in the process of collecting data too. I would prefer a neighborhood with no HOA, but if there is a HOA, a low fee and/or good bang for the buck would be crucial.

Normally the condos have higher HOA fees ($100 and up). I believe they can be $200-$300, too, in some places.

I pay $53 a month for my house (paid in a lump sum every quarter) - includes the landscaping around the neighborhood, the maintenance of the parks, tot lots, the pool, community center, etc. It also includes the landscaping in front of my house. Other houses in the neighborhood have lower fees because their front yards are not taken care of. In some neighborhoods (like one I lived before) the fee is really low (ours was $20), but it includes basically nothing as there isn't even a community pool.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:47 AM

5 posts, read 14,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha-ha, there sure are! I had a lot of fun one day watching the 2 kinds of residents meeting in the local Fry's!
What do you mean? I currently live Rancho, and we are buying out in La Joya Verde (Rancho just wasn't for us). I know that there tends to be some issues with the "new" people versus the residents that have been longer...

As far as HOAs you kind of have to weigh out the pros and cons, there are some communities that charge more but also offer more. However, it is always good to keep in mind that it is only cost effective if you use the amenties. To many times I think people end up wasting their money on things they don't use or benefit from.

Last edited by cutesydq; 07-23-2010 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesydq View Post
What do you mean? I currently live Rancho, and we are buying out in La Joya Verde (Rancho just wasn't for us). I know that there tends to be some issues with the "new" people versus the residents that have been longer...
Let me see how non-PC me can put it somewhat PC... Let's say there is quite a difference socioeconomically and visually between the residents of the Rancho and many of the residents of the old town of Sahuarita. There's a bit of a culture clash going on in that Fry's. You'd get the same thing if you combine, let's say, the customers of the Fry's at Grant & Alvernon and the customers of AJ's Foods in La Encantada.

As far as "issues," I don't know anything about it. What I'm talking about is just my casual observations.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:22 PM

10 posts, read 47,716 times
There are many nice areas in Tucson. However, you have to realize that due to hot weather and desert landscape, there are not too many outdoor activities for young kids during the summer. Some communities have pools, lakes, playgrounds, tennis and basketballs courts, etc... Others are in or close to country clubs, golf courses and recreational facilities. As for the home prices - Mod Cut: no links with less than 10 posts....The prices came down a lot in the last few years and there are a lot of short sales and foreclosures (REO) to choose from.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-23-2010 at 10:47 PM..

Old 07-23-2010, 05:08 PM

10 posts, read 47,716 times
Default HOA Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post

HOA fees are listed on the Real Estate websites. All you need to do is find a home for sale in the community you like and check the details. Mod cut: No links with less than 10 posts...and no RE advertising..read TOS please on top of every page.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-23-2010 at 10:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson