Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 11:47 AM

8 posts, read 39,482 times

Advertisements

This coming Saturday, June 30th, my wife and I take the plunge. By the 2nd of July, we will be Tusconians. We are excited, to say the least. It was still cold here in Wyoming as of early this month. When I say cold, I mean temps in the teens and twenties in town. Out of town on the ranges where the oil rigs and refinieries are? It was close to zero. The altitude here is 6800 feet, and my wife cannot breathe. We are looking forward to being able to breathe, get out and enjoy life, and hopefully get her off the oxygen that she has been on 24/7 since February.

As stated in previous posts, there has been a lot of negativity slung towards Tucson. But the positives of the place far outweigh the negatives. I want to thank everyone who discussed the move with me away from here, and helped in our decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 11:43 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,009,379 times
Hi Guy,

Congrats on your move. My husband and I will be moving from Baltimore starting on July 23rd. We're hoping that we'll be Tucsonians by July 28th. Believe it or not, it's really hard to breathe in Maryland right now, but for other reasons - it's been averaging around 90 - 95 degrees with humidity of 90%+. It's awful... you walk outside and feel like you're in a sauna.

Good luck with your move!!

Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 PM

8 posts, read 39,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
Hi Guy,

Congrats on your move. My husband and I will be moving from Baltimore starting on July 23rd. We're hoping that we'll be Tucsonians by July 28th. Believe it or not, it's really hard to breathe in Maryland right now, but for other reasons - it's been averaging around 90 - 95 degrees with humidity of 90%+. It's awful... you walk outside and feel like you're in a sauna.

Good luck with your move!!
Thank you!

We are fully moved in, and are loving it so far! The heat is intense, mdtoaz...I have to warn you. Tucson is setting record highs, and walking outside right now feels a bit putrid. The wind blows, and it feels like you are riding in a car with the heat on. But if you have A/C, it is very bearable. I have been walking all over the place since arriving, and I am loving it.

Our apartment was very reasonable, quite easy to actually acquire (I have had problems in the past getting into apartments. So much red tape to go through.). We literally pulled into town, pulled into the lot of the place we were talking to, gave the manager our money, signed a couple of papers, and we were handed the keys. It's a nice little gated complex in NW. Our apartment is a bit small (One bedroom), but it was only $450 deposit, and $450 per month. All we pay utility-wise is electricity. There is new management to the complex, and they are working hard to keep the complex clean and free of (what they call) "undesireables".

Good luck to you on your move as well. I think you will enjoy it quite a bit.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:25 AM

27 posts, read 175,251 times
we moved here from NY last summer, the same time (actually made it to Tucson on July 2, 2006) just in time for the monsoon..we LOVED it...and still do.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:33 AM

32 posts, read 124,402 times
Hope you found a great spot. Southeast is developing fast. Try South of the Freeway from Kolb Rd east or Vail for quiet living and reasonable homes.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:09 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,580,725 times
For what it's worth, according to the EPA & American Lung Assn, Tucson has really clean air. I'm amazed at the (official) difference in air quality between Phoenix & Tucson. Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson