U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 09:52 PM

5 posts, read 10,516 times

Advertisements

Idaho,

Most interested in your perspective as a Tucson educator, as I have twins who are high schoolers. Due to odd circumstances, one will begin at Palo Verde on 1/5, and the other likely later in the month at Sabino. I also have a nephew who attends Catalina Magnet. One HUGE benefit of the Tucson schools is the Zero Tolerance policies... something sorely lacking in NY. Their present school is also running at 168% capacity, with *5* shifts each day... they are open from 7AM til after 5PM, with kids rotating in and out all day long, and many never setting foot in their classrooms (like one of mine!).

Do you have any particular insights into either Palo Verde or Sabino? Any input appreciated!

pieper4
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 01:56 PM

5 posts, read 16,675 times
The drive to arizona from maine is a beautiful one for sure , when hubby and i drive it we never get lost because we never have a destination in mind lol. But this fall we are going to tuscon to look for gated trailer parks with park models. Anyone have any suggestions

Old 01-14-2007, 04:22 PM

164 posts, read 787,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMedicMom View Post
Hello all,

Looking for some newcomers advice. I just bought a house in North Ranch of Marana Tucson Arizona (Im not sure what to call it LOL ) Schools for my kids are Ironwood elem., Torttolita middle, and MountainView High. Any one know anything about the schools? We are relocating from Long Island NY, fed up with the people ,real estate taxes over $12,000. weather and crime.

My husband is an CPA and Attorney and he is going to be comutting back and forth for work. Can't give up that NY salary !!

Any words of advice or wisdom?

Also, I have to drive out there because the airlines will not take my dog
( Boxer) and I have no idea how to get out there the best route possible,

PLEASE HELP a NYC Paramedic
Thank You
Ivy
Hello Fellow New Yorker, I too are from Ny and moving within 1 year Hopefully before september of this year. I wanted to ask you about marana, never been there yet. Is there alot of stores to shop in within a 5-10 minute drive from where you are? and also I too are from babylon, My husbannd and I are fed up too with the prices on LI. and the rediculous taxes, but he is going to the university in tucson to finish medical school. Keep in touch, thank you and good luck.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:48 PM

175 posts, read 564,310 times
A lot of things are more expensive in Tucson, but the sunshine is still free. Cable and Satellite seem to cost more in Tucson than elsewhere(Taxes perhaps?), but at least there's no taxes on Groceries......

Old 02-06-2007, 06:17 PM

164 posts, read 787,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntmora View Post
The drive to arizona from maine is a beautiful one for sure , when hubby and i drive it we never get lost because we never have a destination in mind lol. But this fall we are going to tuscon to look for gated trailer parks with park models. Anyone have any suggestions
mhvillage.com try. your better off with a realtor for this one. the pepper group is a good realtor out there. good luck ive been searching and havent found anything good, it seems the phoenix area parks are nicer. Try the palms of el mirage very very nice and new the lot rents are between 300 and 400 per month and it is gated.im from ny and my aunt lives near there so i sent her there she said it was beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson