U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:21 PM

5,801 posts, read 6,270,342 times

Advertisements

I'll be visitng Tucson sometime in October and I have two restaurant questions...

1)---Who serves the best breakfast in Tucson, and French toast in particular?

2)--Where can I get a good prime rib and/or porterhouse steak for $15.00-$25.00 or so?

Thanks!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 09:32 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,617,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
I'll be visitng Tucson sometime in October and I have two restaurant questions...

1)---Who serves the best breakfast in Tucson, and French toast in particular?

2)--Where can I get a good prime rib and/or porterhouse steak for $15.00-$25.00 or so?

Thanks!!!
El Corral is known for their Prime Rib. Nice casual dining place in an old territorail style building, been around forever. They also have porterhouse. Centrally located @ River/Campbell.

Pinnacle Peak is also excellent for a steak. Very casual, kinda of loud cowboy steak house. Both places are part of the same company, just totally different atmoshpere. Located near Tanque Verde/Sabino in NE Tucson.

You can get a great meal at either place for the money you are talking about. Not including adult beverages.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:49 PM

532 posts, read 1,135,423 times
I'd recommend Millie's Pancake Haus for the answer to question #1. Right across from Pinnacle Peak on Tanque Vede and Pima area.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:35 AM

14 posts, read 22,975 times
Flemings on Sunrise / Campbell is really nice (though upscale). Go to Costco (or look online) first and buy the restaurant cards at discount.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:14 AM

8,873 posts, read 15,614,197 times
I'm partial to the French toast at Mimi's Cafe on the east side of Oracle Road in front of the Tucson Mall. It's not the best I've ever had, but the best I've had in Tucson. The Crying Onion in the strip mall at the NE corner of Orange Grove Road and Thornydale has good food for both breakfast and lunch. Funky and always busy. Most of the Jerry Bob's diners I've been in served a reliable breakfast for not much money. It's a local chain, so there are a lot of them around. In the NW suburb alone, they're at Oracle Rd., La Canada Dr., and Cortaro Farms Rd.

I grill steak at home. As you see, I'm more inclined to eat breakfast out.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:55 AM

124 posts, read 257,161 times
Millie's Pancake House, across the street from Pinnacle Peak in Tanque Verde RD, AKA restaurant road, they specialize in pancakes as the name says but they do have a very good french toast too, when steak is the choice I do second RickTucsonHomes Pinnacle Peak has the best T-bone/porterhouse steaks and in your price range!!

Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 PM

5,801 posts, read 6,270,342 times
If I were looking for a dinner house where steak and/or prime rib and/or porterhouse were a little pricier ($25.00-$30.00 or even higher), what other restaurants would merit consideration?

Thanks for any tips!

Old 07-29-2013, 01:29 AM

14 posts, read 22,975 times
Default Best steakhouse in Tucson.

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar would be my 1st choice, but I enjoy many other places in town as well.

McMahon's Steakhouse is probably the only one I have been avoiding for years, due to very disappointing 1st visit.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:23 PM

833 posts, read 1,635,174 times
Agreed on McMahon's - I have been there exactly once and I have no intention to return.

The food (especially the steak which should have been the best thing on the menu given that it is a STEAK house) was sub-par at best, the service was OK(ish) and even with a two-for-one coupon we left feeling like we spent way too much for the meal and service we had received.

The highlight of the night was a tie between a truly excellent glass of wine and the guy at the table next to us trying to impress his "date" with gifts. We saw that "couple" again in the parking lot as we left and she was, um... thanking him.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:19 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,864,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Native View Post
Agreed on McMahon's - I have been there exactly once and I have no intention to return.
Was going to recommend Chad's across the street but it closed. Figures the worse one is still open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson