U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 AM

104 posts, read 300,143 times

Advertisements

These signs are going up with propaganda on them but no real information is out there regarding what this thing is. They want you to attend an information meeting at some local elementary instead of posting the info online.

What is it exactly? What will it cost me? Is it another tax thing because I can already tell you I'm voting no if so. 9.1% sales tax is already too high.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 11:52 AM

42,835 posts, read 83,723,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf77 View Post
Is it another tax thing
What else could it be?

Seriously, I don't know about the props yet, but I do know Vail School District wants a budget overwrite and perhaps that's what this 404 is about, particularly since they want you to go to a school. And sure, where else is it gonna come from but your pockets?!

Old 09-07-2010, 12:18 PM

Yeah between the city of Tucson asking for another sales tax bump (9.6% anyone?) and now Vail asking for more money... I am sorry but they might want to do a really, really thorough audit and figure out where all that money went.

I'm paying my share and more already. Pass.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah between the city of Tucson asking for another sales tax bump (9.6% anyone?) and now Vail asking for more money... I am sorry but they might want to do a really, really thorough audit and figure out where all that money went.

I'm paying my share and more already. Pass.
I know. It's getting to be outrageous! And what do you get in return? A big, fat, nothing! Yesterday I came back from a little road trip in Northeastern AZ. You should see the roads there! We can only dream of them! Granted, a lot of it was reservation land, so I don't know how road maintenance is funded there...

Well, if you know there are always available pockets to raid (read: sheeple voting FOR these props), why wouldn't you spend like a drunk sailor...?! I know I would! I don't care for national elections anymore, but I make damn sure I vote on the props!

Old 09-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I know. It's getting to be outrageous! And what do you get in return? A big, fat, nothing! Yesterday I came back from a little road trip in Northeastern AZ. You should see the roads there! We can only dream of them! Granted, a lot of it was reservation land, so I don't know how road maintenance is funded there...

Well, if you know there are always available pockets to raid (read: sheeple voting FOR these props), why wouldn't you spend like a drunk sailor...?! I know I would! I don't care for national elections anymore, but I make damn sure I vote on the props!
Normally I am pretty much uncaring about these things but since we reached the California-style 9.1% sales tax I will definitely be showing up at the polls to vote any more tax increases down.

That and using Amazon to buy any non-perishable food/etc I possibly can. (No tax and free shipping)

Old 09-07-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
That and using Amazon to buy any non-perishable food/etc I possibly can. (No tax and free shipping)
Ha, never thought of that! It won't work for me, but it's a good idea nonetheless.

Actually, wait a minute... food is not taxed anyway...

Old 09-07-2010, 03:01 PM

oh yeah good point.

ah well, my point still stands tho... vitamins, clothes, etc whatever i can online. at least until the powers that be figure out how to circumvent the Constitution and tax all online purchases too.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
oh yeah good point.

ah well, my point still stands tho... vitamins, clothes, etc whatever i can online. at least until the powers that be figure out how to circumvent the Constitution and tax all online purchases too.
Have no doubt about it! It's only a matter of time.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:21 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,049,881 times
Quote:
Actually, wait a minute... food is not taxed anyway...
It's taxed in Phoenix.

Hopefully that Safeway will open up for you in Vail. They are now saying 2012....
Welcome to The Harpel Company Inc. - Mercado del Lago - Planned Safeway Anchored Center
(Not that that has anything to do with Prop 404).

Old 09-07-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
It's taxed in Phoenix.
Really? How come? Isn't that decided on a state level?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson