Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,205,921 times

Advertisements

I've been to the Hog Pit on Tanque Verde and Famous Dave's on Oracle. How do these compare with others in Town? I thought both places were pretty good, but is there any barbecue in Tucson that'll knock your socks off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 08:14 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,747,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumamoc View Post
I've been to the Hog Pit on Tanque Verde and Famous Dave's on Oracle. How do these compare with others in Town? I thought both places were pretty good, but is there any barbecue in Tucson that'll knock your socks off?
I have not been there is ages but Jacks BBQ on E 22nd used to be very good, has won quite a few awards. I think it is still there Been a long time. If you are in the NW part of town on weekends there is the Bobby Deans truck that parks on Thornydale around Overton on Fri, Sat and Sun I believe is the schedule. Also in NW Tucson is Billy Bryants BBQ on the NW corner of Ina / Thornydale. Small family run operation, husband wife and daughter run the place. On Friday nights they have a smoked prime rib that is to die for. Nice, quiet, friendly operation.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:09 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
I've been impressed with Bubb's Grub on Oracle Rd. in Catalina (not far north of the entrance to Catalina State Park). IMHO, much better than Famous Dave's. Just go a bid past the intersection of Golder Ranch Road and it's on the right.

Bubb's Grub - World Champion BBQ - Official Home Page

Old 09-07-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I've been impressed with Bubb's Grub on Oracle Rd. in Catalina (not far north of the entrance to Catalina State Park). IMHO, much better than Famous Dave's. Just go a bid past the intersection of Golder Ranch Road and it's on the right.

Bubb's Grub - World Champion BBQ - Official Home Page
Hmm, I've been by that place hundreds of times but have never stopped in to eat. Will have to check it out!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 PM

461 posts, read 1,313,917 times
There is a new bbq place that opened on Stone/River, in the old Chili's location. I can't recall the name at the moment. I think I read they also had a location on the south side. Has anyone tried it yet?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 AM

444 posts, read 1,351,894 times
The old Chili's is Mr. K's. The original location is on Park near 29th. The New Mr. K's Barbeque | The Range: The Tucson Weekly's Daily Dispatch

I've always been fond of Brushfire. I don't think Tucson does barbecue particularly well, but they seem to do it the best in town. And it's gotten better in the years they've been open. They're also opening another location on 22nd soon supposedly.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:23 PM

All this talk of BBQ is making me hungry. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatimundi View Post
The old Chili's is Mr. K's. The original location is on Park near 29th. The New Mr. K's Barbeque | The Range: The Tucson Weekly's Daily Dispatch

I've always been fond of Brushfire. I don't think Tucson does barbecue particularly well, but they seem to do it the best in town. And it's gotten better in the years they've been open. They're also opening another location on 22nd soon supposedly.
Interesting, if you read the article and then read the comments below, seems this is not exactly the same Mr K"s as down on Park Ave, appears to be some family in-fighting. I have never eaten at the original Mr K's on Park so I can't compare it to the new one. I ate at the new one today on Stone. Had a pulled pork sandwich. The smoke flavor of the pork was awsome. But was very disappointed in the two sauces they had, regular and hot. Both had to much of a ketchup taste to them for my taste buds. When eating BBQ I don't want "ketchup" flavor to enter my brain cells at all. Pulled pork was awesome, but plenty better sauces around town. IMHO. Will have to try Bubb's Grub this weekend and report back!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
my two favorite places for bbq is jacks on 22nd street, and the new mr ks at stone and river. both of them have sauce that i think is good enough to drink straight from the container.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Both of them have sauce that i think is good enough to drink straight from the container.
Now that's what I'm talking about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson