Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 11:49 AM

2 posts, read 2,510 times

Advertisements

I just figured out I meant southwest side, but can't seem to edit the title. What is the easiest way to get from the foothills to far southwest side of Tucson? I just moved here two months ago and am having car trouble. I am on Swan Rd and Sunset and frequently need to get to the opposite end of Tucson (Southwest). My car doesn't like to go until it reaches 40 mph, so every time I get stuck at a light, I have trouble. I tend to get stuck at every light on Swan. Any other north to south roads you could suggest? Thank you.

Caelia

Last edited by caelia_a; 11-04-2010 at 12:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 12:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caelia_a View Post
What is the easiest way to get from the foothills to far southeast side of Tucson? I just moved here two months ago and am having car trouble. I am on Swan Rd and Sunset and frequently need to get to the opposite end of Tucson (Southeast). My car doesn't like to go until it reaches 40 mph, so every time I get stuck at a light, I have trouble. I tend to get stuck at every light on Swan. Any other north to south roads you could suggest? Thank you.

Caelia
That's a challenge I face, too, when I want to go to La Encantada or Foothills Mall as I live in the SE. Sometimes I pick the scenic routes even if takes longer. However, your challenge is different. I guess you want fewer lights. It'll be helpful for us to know where exactly you want to go.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,510 times
Default Where I need to go

I guess that would be helpful . 2929 E Corona Rd. Thank you.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caelia_a View Post
I guess that would be helpful . 2929 E Corona Rd. Thank you.
I'm confused... That's not SE. It appears to be by the airport.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:32 AM

476 posts, read 1,676,947 times
There just are not a lot of non-stop driving options around Tucson in general, which is a complaint that I have heard frequently even in my short time here.

You might try going out Sunrise to the interstate, but that seems much longer. Swan, Campbell, Orange Grove & Oracle are all going to be stop and go.

If you can, get that car across the street to Fletcher's on the corner of Swan/Sunrise. If you go online they offer discount coupons for various services.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: