Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 04:42 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,407,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Not certain where you are located, Mir . . . INTUIT's Tucson facility is located near Tucson International Airport.

By the way, I understand they are conducting interviews this week.
I'm not sure its my skill level as I'm not that knowledgeable about computers, but I am familiar with MS Office and Outlook so who knows, I can try it out and see if I get lucky! haha

I'm live off Speedway and Craycroft. I don't mind driving anywhere really and I'm willing to drive further if it pays better. That's only about 20 min. from there though so not bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 06:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquest123 View Post
I'm kind of thick sometimes, what do you mean by your statement?
Oh, even the rolling eyes are not enough?! Guess I'll have to spell it out... I can't stand door-to-door salesmen.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:01 PM

258 posts, read 540,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, even the rolling eyes are not enough?! Guess I'll have to spell it out... I can't stand door-to-door salesmen.
I thought thats what it meant. I'd rather sell door to door than be unemployed.

Before I got into door to door sales, I HATED HATED HATED door to door sales people. I thought they were idiots.

Then I realized I could make decent money at it. Hey, to each his own if you don't like door to door people then DON'T OPEN YOUR DOOR.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:32 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Good point, Mquest.

I cannot remember the last time I had a salesman at my door.

I'd much prefer a door-to-door salesman over a religious nutcase.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:35 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,746,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
My experience pretty much lies in retail/customer service as I haven't received my degree yet. I need something around 9 an hour or so. I've submitted a few resumes/applications but not sure where else to look while I wait for responses.

Thanks in advance!
Check any of the Bed Bath and Beyond stores. Go in-store, not online. Be prepared for an interview when you turn in your application. They try to interview on the spot. I recently heard there were some opening at their Orange Grove/Oracle store. Good luck,

Old 11-13-2010, 06:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
if you don't like door to door people then DON'T OPEN YOUR DOOR.
I don't, but I hate to be awakened from a rare blissful nap on weekends.

I don't have that much of a problem since the "no solicitation" sign went up, but it was hell at the beginning in this new subdivision with all the alarm, pest control, Direct TV, blinds, and you name it folks annoying me on a regular basis.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:59 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
I thought thats what it meant. I'd rather sell door to door than be unemployed.

Before I got into door to door sales, I HATED HATED HATED door to door sales people. I thought they were idiots.

Then I realized I could make decent money at it. Hey, to each his own if you don't like door to door people then DON'T OPEN YOUR DOOR.
How about if I'm interested in what you're selling, I'll contact YOU. In the meantime, stay off my property.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:09 PM

476 posts, read 1,676,209 times
Quote:
I know plenty of people who completed their degrees while going door to door. Many mormon college students go door to door.
Many Mormon students are already proficient door 2 door as by the time they begin college they have already been on an 18 month self funded "mission" for their church. They encourage the boys to go right at age 18 right after high school and BEFORE they start college.

To the OP - have you tried www.indeed.com for mega job search engine? Love that site. Good luck!

Old 11-15-2010, 11:53 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,407,600 times
ahh, Indeed, I forgot about that site. Thanks for reminding me!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:01 PM

28,088 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks2007 View Post
Many Mormon students are already proficient door 2 door as by the time they begin college they have already been on an 18 month self funded "mission" for their church. They encourage the boys to go right at age 18 right after high school and BEFORE they start college.
Minor correction here: No LDS young men are permitted to leave for a mission until they are at least 19. Many of them attend a year of college before going. Not a huge deal, but I thought I'd just clear up that one error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson