Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,043 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info, my wife and I are selling our home in MI and wanting to move to AZ. Looking at Saddlebrook or SBR like the floor plans. Guess we should not consider Dell Webb after reading comments here. What are the HOA fees in the Robson communities and average monthly costs?
Thanks for any info
DBG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 04:45 AM

604 posts, read 933,904 times
We've done a ton of research and found allegations of Del Webb lawsuits very old, very isolated and not a consideration. We think build quality is about the same for both although Robson does a better job "selling" theirs. We prefer floor plans and pricing of Del Webb over Robson. We're now looking at Meritage homes in the Green Valley area.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:53 PM

336 posts, read 577,504 times
Default Pulte Homes!

I would never buy a Pulte/Del Webb home again. Lots of defects and had a horrible time getting anything fixed. The finishes are not very nice either. They talk a good line, and their customer service manager is forced to have you fill out surveys which rate Pulte really highly.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:25 PM

6 posts, read 25,740 times
You would be making a mistake if you're eliminating Del Webb, or any other builder, based upon the comments made on this message board. Always perform your own due diligence based on LOCAL circumstances. Every single major homebuilder in the U.S. has their share of lawsuits over quality issues. Pulte/Del Webb, or for that matter Robson, in Arizona is NOT the same as Pulte/Del Webb or Robson in TX, CA, NV, etc. In other words, the quality of a new home is directly proportional to the quality and skill levels of the LOCAL contractors and individual trades who build the specific home. That said, I looked at every single new construction 55+ community in Arizona before settling on Del Webb RDL (FYI, looked each of the local Robson communities -- liked all but Quail Creek. The DW RDL location was superior relative to my needs). One year later and I could not be more pleased with that decision. Having previously bought six (6) new construction homes during a 20-year military career, I know that no new construction home is perfect -- that is an unachievable standard. However, I have found the Arizona Del Webb customer service folks to be highly responsive to the small number of workmanship issues that have arisen. That's MY experience and may/may not be reflective of the experience of others. Again, perform your own due diligence. Just my $0.02.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:47 PM

105 posts, read 227,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestintheWest View Post
Thanks, great info. Already went to Green Valley and ruled it out due to the water quality issues, lack of shopping and copper mines.

Had a friend go to Saddlebrooke and Saddlebrooke Ranch. Only negative it that you are 10 miles to the mall and grocery shopping. But hands down better quality that Del Webb Rancho Del Lago.

Thanks for the input, still trying to make a decision.
Saddlebrook Ranch is also very windy and its not Sonoran desert, altitude is too high for Saguaro cactus.
Not sure if those would be negatives for you or not.

Steve

Old 01-30-2015, 12:19 PM

I bought a Shea home at Encanterra Country Club SE of Phoenix. It was like night and day from Del Webb. The quality is superb. Everything is top of the line. I have had no issues, not like the tons of issues with Del Webb including defective stucco which seems to be a recurring problem of theirs. Never again!

Old 02-06-2015, 07:26 PM

Have experienced no such "defective stucco" issues -- or any significant problems in general. Sounds like you generally have an axe to grind with Del Webb and you're simply acting out of spite. Such broad generalizations are not useful to anyone trying to make a decision. For the record, I specifically looked at Shea homes at ECC, a couple of the Trilogy communities, and their communities in Peoria and Surprise. I passed on each of them for various reasons -- quality being one of them, but location and traffic being the main reasons. JMO.

Last edited by Mike_Slammer; 02-06-2015 at 07:35 PM..

Old 02-11-2015, 08:19 AM

Maybe you haven't, but many at Sun City Shadow Hills in CA have. I have no axe to grind. I'm simply commenting on something I myself experienced with this builder. Isn't this a forum to express people's opionions and share information, or am I missing something here?

Old 02-13-2015, 05:01 PM

You're missing something here. You used a problem you experienced at Sun City Shadow Hills in California in order to bash Del Webb Rancho Del Lago in Arizona -- a ridiculously irrelevant 'apples to oranges' comparison and a useless broad generalization that helps nobody considering buying a house in a TUCSON area 55+ community. Not terribly perceptive, are you?

Old 02-23-2015, 08:12 PM

700 posts, read 918,325 times
I remember the Arizona Republic did a developer survey (of home owners) about 10 or so years ago, and Pulte and Del Webb were at the TOP of the list, meaning people were very happy with their Pulte and Dell Webb homes. They had the least complaints against them. We were thinking of buying (never did yet), so I was researching it then. Were I in the market, I would check the Republic again to see if they have updated their developer list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson