U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2010, 01:13 PM

82 posts, read 220,994 times

Advertisements

We may have a chance to move to Tucson from New England area. We are worried about schools in Tucson. We will be first looking for elementary schools but would like to buy in a school district which has excellent options till highschool level. Areas with younger family and good shopping and other options will be good too.

Job will be in Univ of Arizona. What are the areas we should look at. From reading online, Catalina foothills area seem good.

Which elementary school is the best recommended? If schools + low crime area and commute to UofA are our only concerns where would be recommend?
If some one can comment on specific schools elementary, middle and high which are most recommended that would be great too.

Anyone else who moves from New England to Tucson? How did you find the Tucson schools in comparison to the excellent public schools in New England?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 06:06 PM

20,462 posts, read 24,605,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandh View Post
We may have a chance to move to Tucson from New England area. We are worried about schools in Tucson. We will be first looking for elementary schools but would like to buy in a school district which has excellent options till highschool level. Areas with younger family and good shopping and other options will be good too.

Job will be in Univ of Arizona. What are the areas we should look at. From reading online, Catalina foothills area seem good.

Which elementary school is the best recommended? If schools + low crime area and commute to UofA are our only concerns where would be recommend?
If some one can comment on specific schools elementary, middle and high which are most recommended that would be great too.

Anyone else who moves from New England to Tucson? How did you find the Tucson schools in comparison to the excellent public schools in New England?
Foothills & Vail both have excellent reputations.

Ken

Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,539,075 times
Quote:

The Foothills is a beautiful area to live in and would certainly provide the easiest commute to the UofA. I can't make specific recomendations for schools but here is the link for the Foothills Schools (District 16)
Catalina School District

For areas with younger families and good shopping Oro Valley might suit your needs, but depending on where you live in Oro Valley can be a rough commute to UofA depending on time of day. My children went to Copper Creek Elementary and I was very happy with the school, there is a second, newer school Wilson K-8.

Any of the schools can be checked at,Arizona Department of Education and Great Schools. I know there are several of our posters here that are new to Tucson and have recently started their children in the Foothills district, so hopefully they will chime in.

Christmas day was 70 degrees and sunny here, takes some getting used to.

Last edited by RickTucsonHomes; 12-27-2010 at 06:54 PM..

Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 AM

82 posts, read 220,994 times
Thank you for the posts- Rick and LordBalfor.

I saw online that Canyon View Elementary and Manzanita are good. Anyone have any experiences or comparisons of these? Which middle schools would kids go to from there?

Ideally I would like a house with mountain views upclose and less that 450K. Will that be something that would work out? Any negatives about living closer to mountains?

Hope to hear more suggestions.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:46 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,539,075 times
Quote:
Thank you for the posts- Rick and LordBalfor.

I saw online that Canyon View Elementary and Manzanita are good. Anyone have any experiences or comparisons of these? Which middle schools would kids go to from there?

Ideally I would like a house with mountain views upclose and less that 450K. Will that be something that would work out? Any negatives about living closer to mountains?

See Christmas Critter post! And actually the poster Brooks2007, is one of our posters I mentioned previosuly, she is new to Tucson and just moved into the Foothills area, might get her input on the schools from a newcomers perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson