U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:05 AM

190 posts, read 576,656 times

Advertisements

Ok, this is probably a dangerous thread since 90% of the people that reply are probably realtors promoting their business. but, I will ask anyway. Can anyone recommend a good rental company for houses. I will be flying out late March/early April to look at houses to rent. I will be in Tucson for a weekend (fly in Friday, fly out Monday). So will need a the company to be flexible enough to show us houses over the weekend. We will be looking in the NW Tucson area (NW Tucson, Oro Valley, Catalinas, etc). We will provide them a detailed list well ahead of time as to our criteria for houses (lot larger than 0.5 acre, fenced yard, pets allowed, etc). We will want to look at maybe 10 houses on both days.

So, who do you think is the largest, or the best to work with, or the most honest, or whatever your criteria?

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 11:28 AM

444 posts, read 1,279,638 times
"prestige property management" "tucson rentals" "tucson property management"
I've worked with them before but never actually rented from them. They seemed like nice people. They were really open to letting us check out the keys and go look at the places ourselves.
They used to have a better search interface. This looks to be pulling straight from MLS.

I wouldn't limit myself to only property management-run houses though. There are a lot of independent landlords out there when it comes to single-family homes, so you're going to be able to have much better results by opening yourself up.
And, anyway, is there any reason why you want to limit yourself to just one of these companies?

I'm pretty sure the public MLS search is still up, but rental properties aren't as plentiful because it costs money to list one. Then again, that's how we found our current house, and we freakin love it.
TARMLS Public Search

Old 02-25-2011, 11:52 AM

190 posts, read 576,656 times
I would agree about the independent landlords but, I believe it will be more efficient to use a property management company. We will rent using a property management company the first year then the second we will have the time to look around. The key is that we only have the internet and 1 weekend to look at homes in person. So a property management company makes sense.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:01 PM

42,835 posts, read 84,592,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coatimundi View Post
There are a lot of independent landlords out there when it comes to single-family homes, so you're going to be able to have much better results by opening yourself up.
Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you, but not right now... Probably half of them will be in foreclosure soon and it's not fun for a renter to have to move again in a few months. Of course, the same may be true for the rest of the rentals...

Old 02-25-2011, 01:42 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,582,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_ View Post
Ok, this is probably a dangerous thread since 90% of the people that reply are probably realtors promoting their business. but, I will ask anyway. Can anyone recommend a good rental company for houses. I will be flying out late March/early April to look at houses to rent. I will be in Tucson for a weekend (fly in Friday, fly out Monday). So will need a the company to be flexible enough to show us houses over the weekend. We will be looking in the NW Tucson area (NW Tucson, Oro Valley, Catalinas, etc). We will provide them a detailed list well ahead of time as to our criteria for houses (lot larger than 0.5 acre, fenced yard, pets allowed, etc). We will want to look at maybe 10 houses on both days.

So, who do you think is the largest, or the best to work with, or the most honest, or whatever your criteria?

Thanks
Here are a couple of the larger property management companies here in town,EMS Realty and The Nordstrom Group, which tends to deal in higher end properties. And no I do not work for either one of them.
Rental market is getting tight. All the people who have had short sales or foreclosures the past couple years are now renting homes as they are not able to qualify for a home loan for several years.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
Rental market is getting tight. All the people who have had short sales or foreclosures the past couple years are now renting homes as they are not able to qualify for a home loan for several years.
I don't know... Yet the rent seems to be the same it was 10 years ago.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:12 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,582,119 times
House prices are almost the same as ten years ago too! Not quite but getting there.

May not be the same all over, but in Oro Valley it seems the nice rentals get picked up pretty fast.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
House prices are almost the same as ten years ago too!
Tell ME about it!

Rent has been flat all these years, though, which should've told us something!

Old 02-26-2011, 06:38 AM

444 posts, read 1,279,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you, but not right now... Probably half of them will be in foreclosure soon and it's not fun for a renter to have to move again in a few months. Of course, the same may be true for the rest of the rentals...
Yeah, but in AZ, any change in ownership on the house has to honor the existing lease. This happened to my SO with a recent unwanted property: she either had to buy them out, wait until they did something that broke the lease or wait the lease out. She ended up having to do the latter. I didn't realize it was so hard to evict someone in this state before that and it ruined any ideas of being a landlord that may have already been there in my mind. But, if I ever get a FTW attitude toward my credit, I now know what to do with my living situation.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatimundi View Post
wait until they did something that broke the lease or wait the lease out. She ended up having to do the latter.
It's still very inconvenient for a tenant who was planning to live there for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>