Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 04:10 PM

190 posts, read 616,277 times

Advertisements

The realtor will handle the home after the 2 months. We do have a friend that will check in on the house every week. After 5 months if the house has not sold the relocation company will buy the house from me. I got lucky in that I do have a guaranteed sale after 5 months. Although I expect the sale price will not be what it would be selling it to an actual buyer. But, after 5 months I will probably be glad for anyone to buy it...lol. So this only leaves the house without us for 3 months. The buyout will happen before the winter cold comes back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 03:38 AM

298 posts, read 946,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_ View Post
The realtor will handle the home after the 2 months. We do have a friend that will check in on the house every week. After 5 months if the house has not sold the relocation company will buy the house from me. I got lucky in that I do have a guaranteed sale after 5 months. Although I expect the sale price will not be what it would be selling it to an actual buyer. But, after 5 months I will probably be glad for anyone to buy it...lol. So this only leaves the house without us for 3 months. The buyout will happen before the winter cold comes back.
Wow you are lucky that they buy the house after 5 months. That is a great deal. I would get all of the relocation incentives also except for the purchasing of the house. My company will pay all relocation costs, realtor fees and the like. It is a great deal also and only falls short on the purchasing of the home. If I had that deal I would be goig right now ha ha ha. Good luck.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 AM

190 posts, read 616,277 times
Well, I am not saying it is not a great deal. My only real issue is that Helena is staying for the first 2 months. I admit it is not absolutely necessary but, I feel so much more comfortable she is here helping with the house. I would not trust anyone else as much as her. After the first 2 months the value of her being there (in NH) diminishes, it becomes much more important that she arrives in Tucson with me.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:02 PM

138 posts, read 269,233 times
staying 2 months is not hard at all, it is just a step to our new begining.
brrrinmass, where are you located, I think it would be cool to have you and yours down there with us, lets keep in touch.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:25 AM

298 posts, read 946,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena and mike View Post
staying 2 months is not hard at all, it is just a step to our new begining.
brrrinmass, where are you located, I think it would be cool to have you and yours down there with us, lets keep in touch.
We are in Townsend, MA right on the NH border. Just down route 119 from Jaffrey ha ha ha. We will get there, just don't know when. We do not have the buyout luxury that Mike does. Oh well at least it is starting to get nice around here in New England now. But in 5 months we do it all over again. Good luck you "guys". Check in once in a while. I tend to post more during the cold months when dreaming of the AZ sunshine........

Old 04-19-2011, 04:33 AM

170 posts, read 475,267 times
I wish you the best! My family and I lived in Tucson for almost 11 yrs. We returned to our home state of Ohio 3 yrs ago for an opportunity at a better paying job. I miss Tucson! We are trying to come back. My husband has more years of experience now and we have found several jobs to apply for. You will love it there! I really miss it so much.

We have a house to sell too. We had the same situation the first time we moved to Tucson and then selling to come back to Ohio. I'm hoping even with the current market that we sell without too much trouble. It will all be worth it to come back!!

I wish you guys the best!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,695 times
Default moved from Nh

We also moved from Nh in January of this year. My husband also works for Raytheon. We lived in Amherst, but we were lucky to sell our home before the move. We are renting at present , looking to buy. The city has so many areas that we are still undecided about where we want to live. I have to say so far we love Tucson!

Old 04-20-2011, 03:52 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,741,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrinmass View Post
Wow you are lucky that they buy the house after 5 months. That is a great deal. I would get all of the relocation incentives also except for the purchasing of the house. My company will pay all relocation costs, realtor fees and the like. It is a great deal also and only falls short on the purchasing of the home. If I had that deal I would be goig right now ha ha ha. Good luck.
Brrr maybe you just need to go ahead and put it on the market and see what happens. It doesn't cost you a thing to get it listed. If you don't get an offer you like, no one is going to force you to sell, might be worth a shot. Ya just don't ever know, maybe this could have been your last winter there.. And waiting for the market to go up; when that happens it will probably being going up here also. I know things are slow all over compared to normal, but there are still a lot of homes being bought and sold every month. There were over 1100 closed transactions here in Tucson in March, down from historical numbers, but still that's a lot of homes. If it doesn't sell over the summer or fall, then hunker down for another winter Just food for thought! But just maybe you could be working on your tan here next January instead of shoveling snow in MA!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele52 View Post
We also moved from Nh in January of this year. My husband also works for Raytheon. We lived in Amherst, but we were lucky to sell our home before the move. We are renting at present , looking to buy. The city has so many areas that we are still undecided about where we want to live. I have to say so far we love Tucson!
What part of Tucson do you live at and what areas do you like? That may also give us a idea. I will be going there for 5 days to look for a home to rent, then come back to NH to get the loose ends done and get all or stuff on the truck. I think Mike wanted the Oro Vally area.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
Brrr maybe you just need to go ahead and put it on the market and see what happens. It doesn't cost you a thing to get it listed. If you don't get an offer you like, no one is going to force you to sell, might be worth a shot. Ya just don't ever know, maybe this could have been your last winter there.. And waiting for the market to go up; when that happens it will probably being going up here also. I know things are slow all over compared to normal, but there are still a lot of homes being bought and sold every month. There were over 1100 closed transactions here in Tucson in March, down from historical numbers, but still that's a lot of homes. If it doesn't sell over the summer or fall, then hunker down for another winter Just food for thought! But just maybe you could be working on your tan here next January instead of shoveling snow in MA!
great advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson