Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 09:33 PM

3 posts, read 3,935 times

Advertisements

we are looking to rent an apartment or house in the catalina foothills and i am wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding:

a) specific apartment complexes, such as which ones to avoid (crappy apartments, bad management or bad neighbors) or which ones people have been pretty satisfied with. i have had a hard time looking up apartment complex reviews online. perhaps someone knows where i can find this information?

b) renting a house in the foothills. i think that if it is only a couple hundred dollars more to rent a house, it might be worth it to have the extra space. does anyone have any insight on why i should rent a house vs. an apartment in that area? perhaps someone has a perspective that i haven't considered.

about us: we are a young couple (without children) who are moving from the east coast and are looking for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with a washer/dryer and at least 1 covered parking spot.

i have been looking on tarmls and craigslist. is there somewhere else i should be looking? i would appreciate any input from those with experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 11:58 PM

190 posts, read 614,566 times
What is your price range? We just passed up a very nice 3 bdrm/2bath home in Catalina (passed it up for one in Oro Valley). Has a nice view of the mountains and is on a culdasack. Was only $1,100/mo. As for why we would choose a house over an apartment (we are a couple with no kids only dogs). We don't like sharing walls with others, prefer to have some distance (however small in these developments...) between us and the neighbor. If fences make good neighbors, what do walls make? I suspect not great neighbors.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_ View Post
What is your price range? We just passed up a very nice 3 bdrm/2bath home in Catalina (passed it up for one in Oro Valley). Has a nice view of the mountains and is on a culdasack. Was only $1,100/mo. As for why we would choose a house over an apartment (we are a couple with no kids only dogs). We don't like sharing walls with others, prefer to have some distance (however small in these developments...) between us and the neighbor. If fences make good neighbors, what do walls make? I suspect not great neighbors.
thanks for the prompt reply. we are looking to spend about $1,000/month. we are aware that we might spend a little less if we are in an apartment and a little bit more if we are in a house. can you send me information on that house that you saw? it sounds like something we'd be interested in. thanks mike..

Old 06-12-2011, 12:12 AM

135 posts, read 340,638 times
Mike, do you mean the town of Catalina? That's north of Oro Valley and might be a little far if masriya is commuting to town for work.

Try this link:
Catalina Foothills Real Estate.org - District 16 Homes - Foreclosures
and click on rentals on the left. This site seems to be pretty up to date. Mostly condos are listed on the first page or so, but further in you'll see some townhouses. That might be a happy middle ground - more space and privacy but not as expensive as a single-family home. There are some very nice townhouse communities in the foothills. Good luck.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbell6 View Post
Mike, do you mean the town of Catalina? That's north of Oro Valley and might be a little far if masriya is commuting to town for work.

Try this link:
Catalina Foothills Real Estate.org - District 16 Homes - Foreclosures
and click on rentals on the left. This site seems to be pretty up to date. Mostly condos are listed on the first page or so, but further in you'll see some townhouses. That might be a happy middle ground - more space and privacy but not as expensive as a single-family home. There are some very nice townhouse communities in the foothills. Good luck.
thanks for the link! it has so many homes on it that i wouldn't have even known about. i was starting to think we wouldn't have too many options.

is anyone aware of specific apt/condo developments that people have been happy with? or are unhappy with? i think it would help to narrow things down a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson