U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:56 PM

37 posts, read 66,398 times

Advertisements

A little background: I am being transferred from NH to Tucson. We've been trying to sell our house in NH for a year, we finally got a closing date! We do still have to get through the inspection but after that we are finally on our way!
I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on rentals, rental companies, property management companies etc. I don't even know where to begin! Our main priority is to find a safe area for our baby...but we also have two dogs and two cats so we need something pet friendly...and two stories is pretty important too because our cats and dogs despise eachother
Any tips? Do you suppose it's even possible out there to find something for around $1000? I know we'd get laughed at around here but it looks like things are on the cheaper side out there. My hubby will need to find a job so that's why we are shooting for around $1000 a month for now.

Can't wait to get out of here
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 05:28 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,559,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdi77 View Post
A little background: I am being transferred from NH to Tucson. We've been trying to sell our house in NH for a year, we finally got a closing date! We do still have to get through the inspection but after that we are finally on our way!
I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on rentals, rental companies, property management companies etc. I don't even know where to begin! Our main priority is to find a safe area for our baby...but we also have two dogs and two cats so we need something pet friendly...and two stories is pretty important too because our cats and dogs despise eachother
Any tips? Do you suppose it's even possible out there to find something for around $1000? I know we'd get laughed at around here but it looks like things are on the cheaper side out there. My hubby will need to find a job so that's why we are shooting for around $1000 a month for now.

Can't wait to get out of here
Wow, seems a lot of people moving here from NH lately. What's up with that? (besides the weather) Rents will vary depending on what part of town you are looking to live in. Where will you be working?

Here is the link for public search of the Tucson MLS for rentals.
Click on "Search Listings", then in the upper left click on "Property Type" and highlight "Rental" , then in the "Location" Box type in Sahuarita, Oro Valley or East, Southeast etc. or any other area you want to search. There is quite a bit other criteria to filter result by too. The MSL will list the majority of what is available through property managemnt companies also. And of course Craigs List is a good resource for individuals renting their homes.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
Wow, seems a lot of people moving here from NH lately. What's up with that? (besides the weather) Rents will vary depending on what part of town you are looking to live in. Where will you be working?

Here is the link for public search of the Tucson MLS for rentals.
Click on "Search Listings", then in the upper left click on "Property Type" and highlight "Rental" , then in the "Location" Box type in Sahuarita, Oro Valley or East, Southeast etc. or any other area you want to search. There is quite a bit other criteria to filter result by too. The MSL will list the majority of what is available through property managemnt companies also. And of course Craigs List is a good resource for individuals renting their homes.
Thank you! I'll check that out. I work for the Department of State and will be somewhere around Rosewood (?) at the Passport Center...wherever that is!
Yeah, I just noticed the other posts about leaving NH. LOL, I'm not sure what it is, I'm sure the weather has a lot to do with it. I'm also looking forward to less grumpy people! It seems the majority of people here are unhappy...maybe the lack of vitamin D

Old 05-02-2011, 06:31 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,559,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdi77 View Post
Thank you! I'll check that out. I work for the Department of State and will be somewhere around Rosewood (?) at the Passport Center...wherever that is!
Yeah, I just noticed the other posts about leaving NH. LOL, I'm not sure what it is, I'm sure the weather has a lot to do with it. I'm also looking forward to less grumpy people! It seems the majority of people here are unhappy...maybe the lack of vitamin D
Ok, that would be out by Speedway / Kolb area. You would probably want to look in the NE, East and parts of Central MLS areas. In the Central area I would stay east of Swan Road to keep your commute time reasonable.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:03 PM

190 posts, read 571,041 times
I am certain I will enjoy being out of NH (in Tucson now). The only thing missing so I can enjoy it here is my Love as she is still in NH but, coming soon.

I have looked at Craigslist and have seen a lot (and my co workers have also been helping to point out options) that seem to be a good price (under $1,000). I do not see too much that are two stories (which I like but...). I am sure you will find something, I can not be too much help except to say you will like it here.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
Ok, that would be out by Speedway / Kolb area. You would probably want to look in the NE, East and parts of Central MLS areas. In the Central area I would stay east of Swan Road to keep your commute time reasonable.
Thank you! I'm keeping my eyeballs glued to the computer for the next couple of weeks.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_ View Post
I am certain I will enjoy being out of NH (in Tucson now). The only thing missing so I can enjoy it here is my Love as she is still in NH but, coming soon.

I have looked at Craigslist and have seen a lot (and my co workers have also been helping to point out options) that seem to be a good price (under $1,000). I do not see too much that are two stories (which I like but...). I am sure you will find something, I can not be too much help except to say you will like it here.
I've been checking out Craigslist too, it's so hard to figure out where these places are when you are on the other side of the country! I think we'll all enjoy being out of here when next winter rolls around...in a short few months

Old 05-03-2011, 09:04 PM

190 posts, read 571,041 times
Well, we are looking on opposite sides of town.... I keep being told to stay north of Ina. I am currently living in Oro Valley and do like it here. All the nighborhoods look the same though. All tract homes in small developments. I don't see much yet where the houses are a little further apart and less identical. But, for the first year we will survive if we have to live in one.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_ View Post
Well, we are looking on opposite sides of town.... I keep being told to stay north of Ina. I am currently living in Oro Valley and do like it here. All the nighborhoods look the same though. All tract homes in small developments. I don't see much yet where the houses are a little further apart and less identical. But, for the first year we will survive if we have to live in one.
I'm told Oro Valley is a great area, we really liked Sahuarita when we went out to visit, I'm not sure how far either of them are from where I'll be working though. It was weird to see how much all the houses looked the same LOL. It will definitely take some getting used to. I'm hoping we can adjust to having neighbors! I think the low maintenance will make it worth having a small yard though : )

Old 05-09-2011, 12:56 AM

67 posts, read 211,030 times
You can find $1000 a month rentals, but they aren't going to be huge.

As someone who is currently renting a 2 story house...I'd also use caution. It is SO HOT here. It is currently May and our second floor? Already up to 88 degrees in the day. Our poor AC is having to work extra hard just to get it down to 82.

As for renting, when we moved here from TX two years ago, we used Craigslist and Tarmls.com. Both houses we've lived in were through Craigslist.

Do not rent sight unseen...you really need to check out your neighborhood (especially if you're trying to keep costs down) to make sure you aren't getting somewhere that isn't as safe.

We live in OV...but it all depends where work will be. It is a nice area...but the drive can be a pain. My parents lived in OV, north of Ina....just past Oracle/Magee intersection. Not too far from most places...just a total pain to try to get out of their neighborhood!

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson