Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 10:53 AM

12 posts, read 36,553 times

Advertisements

I am very excited to be moving to Tucson in 3 more weeks!

I think I have introduced myself to the board, but I will be a new intern at UMC in June of this year!

I am having a little bit of a hard time finding accommodations in the area that I prefer. I want to live right around UMC...West University, Jefferson park area, Blenman-Elm, Feldmans, etc.

I do prefer:
- Central A/C (evap cooling a plus)
- Fairly new appliances (I like to keep my kitchen spotless and yuppie like)
- Fairly new condo/house/apartment (not an absolute must..I like well
built
historical homes also)
- Somewhat secure car parking would be nice as I just bought a newer car
- Pool is a plus but not a must, gardening area is a plus but not a must

I am willing to pay up to $600-1000.

I have entertained the guest house idea, but not sure if I will have the privacy that I want. I am also ok with "cookie cutter apartment complexes" also to an extent. 1 bedroom would be fine also.

Am I asking too much????

So far I have checked craigslist and a few other sites. Any other suggestions? Should I consult a Realtor? Any recommendations?
Thanks for the help!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:45 PM

444 posts, read 1,352,007 times
Sounds like you'd be happy with a loft. There are two, main loft properties Downtown that are all individually owned, but have rentals come up sometimes: Ice House Lofts and Lofts at the Academy.
Looks like there's one at the former for rent right now in your price range: Ice House Loft (http://tucson.craigslist.org/apa/2373171009.html - broken link)

Craig's List is the best way to find these properties in generally because, like I said, they're all individually owned and it's the cheapest way to advertise a rental. If you go to the main apartments page (tucson apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist) and do a search for "loft" you should find a few more.

You may also want to check out One North Fifth, but this is a younger (as in the age of the residents) property, so you'd have to contend with party noise.

Most of the rentals in the desirable neighborhoods that you're looking at, that are nicer and have modern appliances, will be renovated houses. Those houses generally run $1000+ and would be more space than you needed anyway.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:43 PM

461 posts, read 861,594 times
Thanks coatimundi.
The lofts are nice, but are they worth the price?
And I kinda wanted to stay away from downtown/railroad area...I kinda wanted to live north of speedway....

North of speedway sounds like more my style right?

and I guess I will keep at it with craigslist.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:06 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCB View Post
Thanks coatimundi.
The lofts are nice, but are they worth the price?
And I kinda wanted to stay away from downtown/railroad area...I kinda wanted to live north of speedway....

North of speedway sounds like more my style right?

and I guess I will keep at it with craigslist.
Your style? I thought you were moving to Portland...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: