U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2011, 05:24 AM
 
119 posts, read 281,202 times
Reputation: 102

Advertisements

there has not been a "single fatality" in the 20 years she has lived in the area. "We do not have an excessive speeding problem. Supervisor Ray Carroll, who represents the area, said his office "was caught by surprise," and he does not know of a completed study that proves the cameras' necessity. "These things keep popping up at the suggestion of the company" that installs them

Read more: Speed cams anger Tanque Verde area
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2011, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,547 posts, read 29,814,166 times
Reputation: 11524
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecurd View Post
there has not been a "single fatality" in the 20 years she has lived in the area. "We do not have an excessive speeding problem. Supervisor Ray Carroll, who represents the area, said his office "was caught by surprise," and he does not know of a completed study that proves the cameras' necessity. "These things keep popping up at the suggestion of the company" that installs them
WHAT A CROCK . . .

If there's no problem with speeders and/or speeding . . . WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?

Sounds like another "damned in you do and damned if you don't" scenario. If the authorities wait until there's a major, read: fatal, accident, then these same individuals will be screaming why wasn't something done sooner.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 01:53 PM
 
126 posts, read 222,981 times
Reputation: 99
It's all about revenue. For both the company and the city. What's the revenue split? And what does the city have to do for that split?

This has nothing to do with public safety.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Arizona
3,610 posts, read 1,115,090 times
Reputation: 846
I like to haul ass between Bear Canyon and Pantano. Will the new speed cameras affect me?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,547 posts, read 29,814,166 times
Reputation: 11524
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyjetzzz View Post
It's all about revenue. For both the company and the city. What's the revenue split? And what does the city have to do for that split?

This has nothing to do with public safety.
Is that area within Tucson's City Limits or strictly Pima County?

I ask that because the new Speed Camera set-ups on the Westside are outside the City Limits.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 04:37 PM
 
126 posts, read 222,981 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Is that area within Tucson's City Limits or strictly Pima County?

I ask that because the new Speed Camera set-ups on the Westside are outside the City Limits.
I don't know. Is it the county that's contracting with the company for the speed cameras? Sounds like it.
Again, simply a revenue generator.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2011, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,547 posts, read 29,814,166 times
Reputation: 11524
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyjetzzz View Post
I don't know. Is it the county that's contracting with the company for the speed cameras? Sounds like it.
Again, simply a revenue generator.
Simply a "Revenue Generator?" . . . that's A-OK with me.

I'm very happy with the Law Breaking Speeders and Red Light Runners supporting the local government services rather than our Property, Income and Sales Taxes needing to be increased to cover inflation and/or waste.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
532 posts, read 1,123,225 times
Reputation: 568
No problems in the TV area? That's a laugh lady. How about TV/Grant intersection? or TV/SC intersection? Plenty of crashes and Im betting fatalities.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2011, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Arizona
3,610 posts, read 1,115,090 times
Reputation: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
No problems in the TV area? That's a laugh lady. How about TV/Grant intersection? or TV/SC intersection? Plenty of crashes and Im betting fatalities.
I disagree with your statement about the Tanque Verde/Sabino Canyon intersection. It is heavily congested most of the time, but accidents there are few and far between.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2011, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
532 posts, read 1,123,225 times
Reputation: 568
Not when I lived and grew up down there 1995-2005.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:39 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top