U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 PM

492 posts, read 957,837 times

Advertisements

This is south of E. Golf Links Rd., west of S. Kolb Rd. near the aircraft boneyard. I'm very intrigued by the relatively inexpensive houses in this area, as a winter home and possibly year-round if I could stand the heat. (I've lived half my life in desert cities and liked it.)

I haven't been to Tucson but have heard/read much more good than bad about it, including on this forum. It seems from my research that this area of Tucson is decent and working-class, which I prefer to affluent or hoity-toity. I know there's some gang activity west of here. This neighborhood seems okay looking at the crime stats. I don't need to be close to shopping or the very best schools. It's ~4 miles from a Trader Joe's--that's close enough for a bi-monthly trip.

Can anyone please give pros/cons on this area? Thanks. If things still look good I'll probably check it out in person.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: