Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM

45 posts, read 149,849 times

Advertisements

Me and my girl are coming down in a few weeks from phoenix, she has never been to tucson, and I havent been in about 12 years. I want to go hiking or somethind outdoors during the day, I heard Seven Falls is amazing, anyone know if it is flowing good this year?

Also what is the night life like down there, neither of us are 21 yet, so maybe a nice restaurant or something like a club or something at night?

Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
I never looked into Tucson's nightlife, or choice of restaurants/bars. Being that it's primarily a college town, I'd think it would be similar to Tempe.

The few times I've gone to Tucson have been for outdoor activities: Mount Lemmon, Desert Sonoran Museum, Old Tucson Studios, Sabino Canyon, etc. Of all those places, Mount Lemmon is probably my favorite. In a short while, you climb from a desert altitude of 2,000 feet to over 9,000 feet with pine trees and cool, crisp mountain air.

Other than that, why not take a drive on Tucson's half freeway (210)? That'll take you from nowhere to nowhere in a matter of minutes.
()

Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Seven Falls was flowing last week when we were there. They've been having a pretty active monsoon season this year. Lots of good restaurants in Tucson (can't tell you about clubs).

Ken

Old 08-16-2007, 03:12 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times
Don't know about the club scene, but we've found a couple resturants that we've liked so far. We're newbs to the area, but liked Feast, Cuvee, Las Candelas and Patiche. Good food, good wine (sorry, you can't partake) and pretty cheap (at least compared to comparable Baltimore restaurants).

Also... where's Seven Falls? Haven't gotten there yet.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:00 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Other than that, why not take a drive on Tucson's half freeway (210)? That'll take you from nowhere to nowhere in a matter of minutes.()
LMBO @ Valley

There you go again . . . PICKING ON OUR WONDERFUL FREEWAY SYSTEM!

by the way, latest rumer is a "Golden Gate" style bridge is being planned for our famous 210 Freeway!
! ! ! !

Old 08-16-2007, 04:05 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ndless View Post
Me and my girl are coming down in a few weeks from phoenix, she has never been to tucson, and I havent been in about 12 years. I want to go hiking or somethind outdoors during the day, I heard Seven Falls is amazing, anyone know if it is flowing good this year?

Also what is the night life like down there, neither of us are 21 yet, so maybe a nice restaurant or something like a club or something at night?

Any other suggestions?
My primary suggestion, m1ndless . . . delay your trip until after the Monsoons. Our storms are fairly severe during many afternoons and evenings and could put a damper on enjoying the outside attractions that have been recommended.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
LMBO @ Valley

There you go again . . . PICKING ON OUR WONDERFUL FREEWAY SYSTEM!

by the way, latest rumer is a "Golden Gate" style bridge is being planned for our famous 210 Freeway!
! ! ! !
And what will the bridge go over??? A better idea would be to build a real bypass or loop freeway in or around Tucson ... not a road that starts at one street and dead ends at another. The 210 reminds me somewhat of Phoenix's 153 (Sky Harbor Expressway) ... begins at Washington and ends abruptly at University. That's AduhT for you!

The only good thing about so called freeways like that is they usually don't have much traffic. I'm planning a trip this fall to the Chiricahua mountains, so I may use the 210 as a "short cut" through Tucson ... being that Interstate 10 is all torn up (from what I heard).

Old 08-17-2007, 11:48 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
And what will the bridge go over??? A better idea would be to build a real bypass or loop freeway in or around Tucson ... not a road that starts at one street and dead ends at another. The 210 reminds me somewhat of Phoenix's 153 (Sky Harbor Expressway) ... begins at Washington and ends abruptly at University. That's AduhT for you!

The only good thing about so called freeways like that is they usually don't have much traffic. I'm planning a trip this fall to the Chiricahua mountains, so I may use the 210 as a "short cut" through Tucson ... being that Interstate 10 is all torn up (from what I heard).
Just returned from Tucson (spent 2 weeks there) and actually, for those just wanting to pass through the city, the fact that the freeway through town is being torn up is a huge advantage. Since all downtown on-ramps and off-ramps are closed, the 2 remaining lanes have become effectively an express-lane pipeline right through the city - no merging traffic to deal with at all, so the traffic actually flows VERY well. They just raised the speed limit from 45 to 55 through that zone because everyone was going at least that fast anyway (actually closer to 65).

If you are just passing through the city, don't let the construction intimidate you.

Ken

Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Just returned from Tucson (spent 2 weeks there) and actually, for those just wanting to pass through the city, the fact that the freeway through town is being torn up is a huge advantage. Since all downtown on-ramps and off-ramps are closed, the 2 remaining lanes have become effectively an express-lane pipeline right through the city - no merging traffic to deal with at all, so the traffic actually flows VERY well. They just raised the speed limit from 45 to 55 through that zone because everyone was going at least that fast anyway (actually closer to 65).

If you are just passing through the city, don't let the construction intimidate you.

Ken
But what if I have to stop in Tucson and pee? I guess ADOT didn't have Diabetics in mind when they closed all the exit ramps. Oh well. I guess I'll stop outside of Tucson somwehere & use a cactus ... or else take a chance on bursting when I reach Benson.
()

Old 08-18-2007, 12:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
But what if I have to stop in Tucson and pee? I guess ADOT didn't have Diabetics in mind when they closed all the exit ramps. Oh well. I guess I'll stop outside of Tucson somwehere & use a cactus ... or else take a chance on bursting when I reach Benson.
()
No peeing for you!!! C'mon, now... Since you know beforehand, you'll stop just before Tucson. Surely can hold it for 20-30 minutes. They should've put some port-a-potties along I-10. I haven't been around and don't know what the mess looks like exactly, but a coworker of mine coming every day from Marana ******* all the time.

Btw, read the other day about some study trying to pass the idea for a freeway between PHX and TUS starting West of PHX and ending East of TUS. Naturally, there's all kinds of opposition. Hey, this is AZ here... we like it backwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson