U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 07:10 AM

116 posts, read 216,385 times

Advertisements

I need some suggestions on neighborhoods, city and close in burbs, and aprtment complexes that have elevators. Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 01:38 PM

9,537 posts, read 29,563,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceimages View Post
I need some suggestions on neighborhoods, city and close in burbs, and aprtment complexes that have elevators. Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
Help us out a little . . . what are you needs and/or wants? How much do you plan to spend on rent? Are you looking for a big complex with lots of amenities or a more private place to live.

Also, where you will be employed, if at all, is important because commuting in Tucson can be a pain.

As for elevators . . . are you looking for a high-rise type building? If so, they are fairly rare in Tucson except for possibly downtown?

Good Luck

Old 10-03-2011, 08:58 AM

444 posts, read 1,277,197 times
Redondo Tower in Downtown is one of the only apartment complexes I've seen in Tucson with an elevator. I lived there for several years. It was a great place to live at the time, and there was a waiting list to rent. I'm not sure if that's still the case or not.
One North Fifth also has an elevator, but the tenants tend to be more on the college/20-something side. It's also pretty loud with Congress Street right out your window. The new building they built next to there also certainly has an elevator, but I haven't been inside it and I'm not sure about how you qualify for tenancy there: MLK Flyer 2010 | The Official Website for the City of Tucson, Arizona

There's additionally a multi-story apartment building on Bellevue somewhere near Alvernon. I can't recall the specific cross street or the name of the place. They used to advertise quite a bit. It's very easy to spot as you drive down Speedway though as they paint it strange colors to stand out. That place would have an elevator.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:47 PM

12 posts, read 21,286 times
Ice House Lofts have an elevator. I'd move there in a second if I didn't already have the homestead.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the reply Bummer. I will not be working but will look for work in Tucson. I will be retiring but not ready for a retirement community (I think). I like to live on the top floor and since I do not use stairs (arthritis) the garden apartment style will not work out that well for me.

What is downtown Tucson like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Help us out a little . . . what are you needs and/or wants? How much do you plan to spend on rent? Are you looking for a big complex with lots of amenities or a more private place to live.

Also, where you will be employed, if at all, is important because commuting in Tucson can be a pain.

As for elevators . . . are you looking for a high-rise type building? If so, they are fairly rare in Tucson except for possibly downtown?

Good Luck

Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Great Coatimundi: This specific information is extremely helpful. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatimundi View Post
Redondo Tower in Downtown is one of the only apartment complexes I've seen in Tucson with an elevator. I lived there for several years. It was a great place to live at the time, and there was a waiting list to rent. I'm not sure if that's still the case or not.
One North Fifth also has an elevator, but the tenants tend to be more on the college/20-something side. It's also pretty loud with Congress Street right out your window. The new building they built next to there also certainly has an elevator, but I haven't been inside it and I'm not sure about how you qualify for tenancy there: MLK Flyer 2010 | The Official Website for the City of Tucson, Arizona

There's additionally a multi-story apartment building on Bellevue somewhere near Alvernon. I can't recall the specific cross street or the name of the place. They used to advertise quite a bit. It's very easy to spot as you drive down Speedway though as they paint it strange colors to stand out. That place would have an elevator.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:42 PM

444 posts, read 1,277,197 times
If you want a retirement apartment community, this one just went up and, since they're multi-storied buildings, I'm sure there are elevators. Good location and it looked very nice when they were building it. Villa Hermosa - 6300 East Speedway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85710

Old 10-05-2011, 12:57 AM

351 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Why not just move into a downstairs apartment?

Old 10-06-2011, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the reply Vjsoto. Multiple reasons for living on top floor: 1) noise of people walking and dropping things above you, 2) view, 3) and a little safer from crime. Yes one can still get burglarized on the top floor but ground floor break ins are more common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjsoto View Post
Why not just move into a downstairs apartment?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:15 AM

351 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply Vjsoto. Multiple reasons for living on top floor: 1) noise of people walking and dropping things above you, 2) view, 3) and a little safer from crime. Yes one can still get burglarized on the top floor but ground floor break ins are more common.
I can understand your points... I just think your not going to have any luck in Tucson with elevators, except in high-rise apartments (think downtown area). Most if not all apartments that are 3 stories or less will not have an elevator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>