Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:25 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times

Advertisements

Rick, I saw your post too late but please let us know the next time you hear about such an event. I'd love to go to a Food Truck Round-up.

I also second Tucsonrider's tip about Caruso's on 4th Avenue which I visited for the first time recently. It's very East Coast old-school Italian. It wasn't too hot that day so we sat on the patio and had a great meal for a very reasonable price. I imagine it's often very busy, so get thee there before the students come back to town. I'm going back to eat in the dining room and pretend I'm in New Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 12:18 PM

833 posts, read 1,711,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Rick, I saw your post too late but please let us know the next time you hear about such an event. I'd love to go to a Food Truck Round-up.
I'm not having much luck getting a lot of details, but it appears that there will be a few (10?) foodtrucks at Mercado San Augustin on July 4th (along with a pig roast) and it looks like several other trucks will be at Aufmuth Motors (I-10 & Cortaro) from 5-9pm; both with the intent of viewing fireworks after you stuff your belly.

If you are on Facebook look at following a few of the bigger trucks (Animal Farm, Pin-up Pastries, Foodie Fleet, Jamie's Bitchin' Kitchen, etc) and they will tend to post about them. There is a Tucson Foodtruck website, but they really don't do a good job notifying people about these events.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:25 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,746,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Native View Post
I'm not having much luck getting a lot of details, but it appears that there will be a few (10?) foodtrucks at Mercado San Augustin on July 4th (along with a pig roast) and it looks like several other trucks will be at Aufmuth Motors (I-10 & Cortaro) from 5-9pm; both with the intent of viewing fireworks after you stuff your belly.

If you are on Facebook look at following a few of the bigger trucks (Animal Farm, Pin-up Pastries, Foodie Fleet, Jamie's Bitchin' Kitchen, etc) and they will tend to post about them. There is a Tucson Foodtruck website, but they really don't do a good job notifying people about these events.
That was my experinece too Prodigal, couldn't find anything on the Foodtruck website, and as you advised I found out about the last one from Jamies Bithen Kitchen Facebook posting.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,466,691 times
Hey, I'm in town for a week or so. Can someone reiterate great eats on the SE? Thanks!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:31 PM

7 posts, read 17,155 times
Tucson Yummyness:

-Poco & Moms-I like the Chicken Enchilada with a Fried Egg over Medium draped over it.
-Cafe Poca Cosa-Excellente though slightly expensive. Worth it however.
-Cuisine of India on Broadway-Lunch Buffet is a great deal.
-El Charro mainly the downtown location for the ambiance.
-Old Town Artisans Restaurant-Excellent Old School Tucson Feel downtown.
-La Parilla Suiza-Split the chicken mole enchiladas and shrimp fajitas with a significant other and life is good.
-Zaynas Mediterranean-Catalina highway location-Chicken Schwarma yum yum-Good Gyros too.
-Pico De Gallo-Best cheap mexican food in town hands down. Get shrimp or fish tacos on corn tortillas (Handmade).
-Neo Malaysian (Used to be Seri Melaka)-Get the Nasi Lemak. Spent time in Malaysia and this is very authentic dish.
-Shish Kebab House-Yum. The couscous and pork shank dish is wonderful.
-Rocco's Chicago Style Pizza- Excellent and they have Old Style cans for you Chicagoans.
-Mama Louisa's-Italian food on the Eastside that is very good. Meat ravioli and cheese tortellini with a meatball. House wine is good also.
-El Guero Canelo-Good Cheap Mexican.
-China Thai-Good Tom Ka Gai Soup.
-Nimbus- Tanque Verde-Good Beer Selection and decent food.
-Ha Long Bay-Best Pho/Vietnamese food in town hands down.

There are many more but these are some of my favorites. Oh and I'm a mad foodie.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM

833 posts, read 1,711,895 times
I've recently gone to Gaudilajara Fiesta Grill (east side - on Kolb south of Speedway, next to Dry River which is worth a trip just for their pizza) and I have been quite happy. I know to many Tucsonans Guadalajara is old news, but it is one of those places I had just never made it to before. I still haven't made it to the original location.

The menu is heavy on seafood and offers a nice break from the Sonoran monotony I find at a lot of Tucson's other Mexican restaurants, the drinks are good (and strong) and the table-side salsa is a neat feature. Over two visits we tried about eight entrees and two or three appetizers and didn't have one complaint. My only real complaint is that the mariachi band can be a little loud and overwhelming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson