Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 11:20 AM

9 posts, read 40,362 times

Advertisements

We use to live in Oro Valley 5 years ago and are thinking of returning to Tucson. Can any one tell us in what areas can we find the most affordable places for renting a home and still be safe and pleasant, and not too far away shopping, services and Tucson? It does not have to be in Oro Valley itself.

Is gas still the best way to go for savings on utility bills?

Please be candid, thank you,

Oro79
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 11:48 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro79 View Post
We use to live in Oro Valley 5 years ago and are thinking of returning to Tucson. Can any one tell us in what areas can we find the most affordable places for renting a home and still be safe and pleasant, and not too far away shopping, services and Tucson? It does not have to be in Oro Valley itself.

Is gas still the best way to go for savings on utility bills?

Please be candid, thank you,

Oro79
Unfortunately, Oro, rent is just like anything else . . . YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I believe any home in the Northwest or North Central Tucson, Marana and/or Oro Valley would meet your needs but if it is decent anc clean, I doubt if it will be a bargain and/or cheap.

As for Gas vs Electricity . . . I've experienced both and my current home is All Electric and definitely, my first choice. Cleaner, simpler and just one less potential problem to worry about. Also, gas rates have increased over the years and compared to many friends with both gas and electric, my total utility bill is very similar and sometimes much less.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH!

Old 09-10-2007, 12:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Unfortunately, Oro, rent is just like anything else . . . YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I believe any home in the Northwest or North Central Tucson, Marana and/or Oro Valley would meet your needs but if it is decent anc clean, I doubt if it will be a bargain and/or cheap.

As for Gas vs Electricity . . . I've experienced both and my current home is All Electric and definitely, my first choice. Cleaner, simpler and just one less potential problem to worry about. Also, gas rates have increased over the years and compared to many friends with both gas and electric, my total utility bill is very similar and sometimes much less.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH!
Of course, last time I checked there WAS life on the Central, East, and Southeast side, too, but Bummer is biased.

About gas and electricity... I believe gas used to be cheaper in the past, but by now it's probably not much different (don't have it now).

Old 09-10-2007, 12:56 PM

430 posts, read 1,263,619 times
"the most affordable places for renting "

That's a broad range, can you give us some idea what "affordable" is to you? What's affordable to me might not be your ideal rent....

O.Nana

Old 09-10-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post

That's a broad range, can you give us some idea what "affordable" is to you? What's affordable to me might not be your ideal rent....

O.Nana
Well, yeah... that's the bottom line. The most affordable places are the places you don't wanna live in or around and most often both.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:27 PM

9 posts, read 40,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post

O.Nana
By affordable was thinking of some were in the neighborhood of $900 to $1,200 a month for two bedrooms and two baths, is this realistic for today’s Tucson rental market. Please be candid.

Thank you everyone for your prompt and very helpful comments regarding my posting. I would be very grateful for anything else that some one can advice or comment on.

Thank you,

Oro79

Old 09-10-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro79 View Post
By affordable was thinking of some were in the neighborhood of $900 to $1,200 a month for two bedrooms and two baths, is this realistic for today’s Tucson rental market. Please be candid.

Thank you everyone for your prompt and very helpful comments regarding my posting. I would be very grateful for anything else that some one can advice or comment on.

Thank you,

Oro79
That's certainly very doable: tucson apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

Old 09-10-2007, 08:45 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Of course, last time I checked there WAS life on the Central, East, and Southeast side, too, but Bummer is biased.

About gas and electricity... I believe gas used to be cheaper in the past, but by now it's probably not much different (don't have it now).
LOL @ SierraAZ

I only mentioned those areas because Oro79 seemed familiar with Oro Valley.

I'm certain there is at least one or two decent rentals in the other sections of Tucson. Hehehe!

by the way, Oro79 . . . the Patio Homes (2 and 3 Bedrooms with 2 Baths) in my area usually rent in your price range and they are about as convenient as you can possibly get.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:55 AM

430 posts, read 1,263,619 times
Try calling some of the local real estate agencies. Many homes in that price range are rented directly through an agent or an agent may know of some that are for rent. In your price range you shoudn't have any problem renting something decent in a good part of town. There are some lovely homes out in the Marana area that cover your price range also. It's a bit quieter out that way although the traffic can be daunting (as it is everywhere here)..

Good luck in your quest!

O.Nana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson