U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 02:53 PM

40 posts, read 61,776 times

Advertisements

I would love to find some craft and metalworking groups or lessons. I love making jewelry for myself and to sell. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 06:17 PM

3,391 posts, read 6,635,212 times
A quick Google search for "jewelry making classes Tucson AZ" and "metalworking classes Tucson AZ" yielded several results. You might want to give that a try.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:22 PM

5,037 posts, read 8,537,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailrooney View Post
I would love to find some craft and metalworking groups or lessons. I love making jewelry for myself and to sell. Thanks
I found this and this on a web search.

Edit: You beat me to it, Kimballette!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:12 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,185,972 times
Michael's craft store would be a good bet. They have them here in TX...

Old 05-21-2012, 11:13 AM

Default Jewelry - Metalsmith classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
A quick Google search for "jewelry making classes Tucson AZ" and "metalworking classes Tucson AZ" yielded several results. You might want to give that a try.
Thanks to both of you for trying to help. Actually. I do know how to use the internet quite well and had already checked the two Google searches. The first one "Jewelry making classes" showed nothing but college classes unrelated to jewelry and the 2nd search, "Metalworking classes" about the same, except this time, I saw that the best place to find the information I needed was "Craig's List". in emailing the web board, I was hoping to get some answers from jewelry smiths in actual classes or groups. So, now, maybe someone will respond from a group or class.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:26 AM

8,875 posts, read 15,044,275 times
I don't know how old you are, but the national adult ed organization Oasis (for people over 50) is active in Tucson, sponsored by the Junior League. The have classes — some a single workshop, others lasting weeks — on hundreds of subjects and I'm sure at least a few are related to jewelry making. You can do a search for class subject on this website:
Tucson OASIS

The classes take place at multiple locations all over the city, but many are at Junior League headquarters on River Road near Campbell.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I don't know how old you are, but the national adult ed organization Oasis (for people over 50) is active in Tucson, sponsored by the Junior League. The have classes — some a single workshop, others lasting weeks — on hundreds of subjects and I'm sure at least a few are related to jewelry making. You can do a search for class subject on this website:
Tucson OASIS

The classes take place at multiple locations all over the city, but many are at Junior League headquarters on River Road near Campbell.
Thanks. I have already looked into some of these and will continue to look.. I was hoping some jewelry artists were a part of this forum, but I guess not.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:59 PM

501 posts, read 722,480 times
There are so many fabulous jewelers in Tucson, perhaps you could contact them via blogs or Facebook and ask. Some of them may give small classes I think or know where you can take them. Offhand, the jewelers I can think of in the area are Sam Patania, Kate McKinnon, Maureen of Cosmos Moon Jewelry. I think the 2Roses are in Tucson as well. I think that there is also a metalsmithing school somewhere. I'll look around my blogosphere and get back to you.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:04 PM

501 posts, read 722,480 times
I think this is the place I was thinking of but it looks like it is just a gallery. Metal Arts Village
Perhaps you could find something out from them. Just a thought. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaWa View Post
I think this is the place I was thinking of but it looks like it is just a gallery. Metal Arts Village
Perhaps you could find something out from them. Just a thought. Good luck.
Roberta, Thank you for your suggestions. I now have something to go on. I really appreciate the effort and time you took in answering my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: