U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 PM

135 posts, read 319,839 times

Advertisements

My beloved Frontier pickup truck is now 10 years old, and it's time to think about replacing it.

Can anyone recommend a good, honest dealership in Tucson for either Toyota, Subaru or Honda? I am partial to the RAV4 and CRV but will consider any reliable, small SUV. I'm looking for a used car about 3-5 years old. Please share any good - or bad - experiences with local dealers. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 12:37 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,555,205 times
If you want a hassle free trade in and purchase Car Max on Oracle has a user friendly business model. They will tell you upfront what they will give you for your old car, independent of whether or not you buy a car from them. Plus they will honor that price for ten days. Thats where I took my car the last time to sell. There is no negotiating, the price is the price. They have a large selection of cars on the lot plus they can ship one in from Phoenix, Las Vegas etc for a small fee. A small local place is Clyde Wanslee Auto Sales, nice friendly low pressure sales people. Not a huge selection, but if they happen to have what you need they are great to work with. The lot is on South 6th just past the downtown area, but they also maintain an office on N Oracle between Tucson city limits and Oro Valley, so you can do the business transaction at that address and save the city sales tax! If you want a dealer type environment I prefer Royal Automotive.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:53 AM

5,037 posts, read 8,597,009 times
I second the recommendation for Car Max. They're very reputable. In addition to the no-haggle pricing, which I really like, they offer long-term extended warranties, too. What I also like is you can shop their lot online and see what they currently have in inventory! (No gimmicks, no nonsense. It's what they really have and at the price & mileage shown.) If they don't have exactly what you want on their lot, you can shop at other Car Max lots online (they're national) and for a relatively small fee, (which is shown - so no surprises there either), they will ship it to the Tucson lot for you to pick-up. Of course, if you transfer a vehicle from New England, it's not a relatively small fee - but I think you understand my point.

Working with them actually makes the car-buying experience fun. (No, I don't work for them.)

Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 PM

135 posts, read 319,839 times
Thanks for the info. I definitely don't want a high-pressure situation and I don't want to get ripped off (again). I'll give Car Max a shot.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:50 AM

101 posts, read 230,204 times
I have no expierence with dealerships in the area, my advice is...I drove Honda's in general for about 20 years, a CRV for 6 of them and I traded the CRV in for a Sante Fe and I LOVE my Sante Fe!! It felt like it was leaps and bounds better than the CRV in comfort, handling and features. I've test drove a RAV4 before and prefered the CRV over but after owning my Hyndai I will never again buy a Honda.

However, buying a car is a personal choice, it's what feels good to you as the driver...i'm mearly suggesting do not rule out the Sante Fe.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:08 PM

344 posts, read 577,865 times
O'Riellys, I purchased my 9th vehicle from there. Buck gave Vietnam vets jobs during the 70's which was not the norm. I pay back with loyalty and knowing i'm at a dealership that takes care of it's customers.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:09 AM

36 posts, read 73,682 times
Precision Toyota was good for me. I paid 12,700 and drove it on dirt roads for two years then sold it to CarMax for 10,000. I know they listed it for 13 or 14, but hey, you can get financing right?

Old 08-22-2012, 01:11 PM

532 posts, read 1,107,116 times
I'm a member of a Subaru enthusiast website based in Arizona. We do a lot of business with Subaru of Tucson and so far so good. I would however using the recommendations in this thread....do your research!....and then you can march up to any dealer and know exactly what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson