Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:37 AM

99 posts, read 245,944 times

Advertisements

Hello All !
I will be moving to Tucson soon and need to forward my mail to General Delivery.
Does anyone know which post office will accept General Delivery ?
I searched the Tucson forum and nothing came up.

Also, does anyone have any knowledge or opinion on the following apartments...
Bear Canyon
9055 Catalina Hwy

Coronado Villas
9225 Tangue Verde Rd.

They are both in the 85749 zip code.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 04:28 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times
According to this link from the postal service, for all cities the MAIN post office is used for General Delivery. https://www.usps.com/manage/research...ry-options.htm )click on General Delivery) There's a phone number to call to find out the location and ZIP for the main post office in Tucson, if someone here doesn't post the info; the ZIP plus 4 is -9999.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,692,946 times
Just a suggestion, New2Tucson . . .

Consider opening a Post Office Box in the general area where you plan to live and/or work rather than the General Delivery route. Not only much more convenient with no Hours of Operation concerns but it will afford you more security and time to obtain a permanent home for a relatively small fee.

Good Luck

Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 PM

532 posts, read 1,176,867 times
The Main PO for Tucson is the one on Cherry/22nd

USPS - United States Post Office - Tucson Main Office Tucson, AZ, 85726 - YP.com

Old 09-18-2012, 02:19 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,205,675 times
I live a couple of miles from there. I don't know about the apartments specifically, but the area is nice--high property values, low crime, decent shopping, and very scenic. However, it is a good ways from downtown and the interstates. If there is any sort of traffic snarl on Tanque Verde, you are basically $crewed.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:33 AM

99 posts, read 245,944 times
Thank you for the responses.
I called one of the post offices in Tucson and they said to use the one on Cherrybell, zip 85726.
I'm kind of surprised that this question has never came up before, since there are so many threads on this forum from people moving to Tucson. Maybe they already had a permanent address.

I tried using a PO box in the past, but was told that some banks (Bank of America) won't forward statements or credit card bills to a PO Box.

I have been told that the closer you get to the Catalina Mountains (i.e. the higher elevation) the less you will have to deal with scorpions. True or Not True ?
There are a lot of posts about scorpions and spiders in the Tucson Forum, but not much has been said about cockroaches. One person mentioned they get sewer cockroaches coming up through the drains in bathrooms. Any comments about cockroaches in Tucson ?

Thanks Again !

Old 09-19-2012, 01:19 AM

1,087 posts, read 3,516,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Tucson View Post
I tried using a PO box in the past, but was told that some banks (Bank of America) won't forward statements or credit card bills to a PO Box.
My friends advised me against using General Delivery and to get a post office box instead, so that's what I did, and yeah, it's causing some problems. I don't have my house yet and I'm still in a motel, so I don't have a permanent address yet.

I just wanted to forward my mail to the PO Box temporarily and then change my address directly with my credit cards to my permanent home address once I have one, and once I was sure I was going to stay in this area (if the house deal falls through I don't know if I'll stay here or try elsewhere). But when my gas credit card got forwarded to the P.O. Box, they cancelled my card because my address no longer matches what they have on record for me. Credit card companies pay for a service where the post office sends the company an address correction whenever their mail gets forwarded. And now they won't give me a new card because I don't have a street address. What a hassle! If I had gone with General Delivery I wouldn't have had this problem.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:21 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,570,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Tucson View Post
I have been told that the closer you get to the Catalina Mountains (i.e. the higher elevation) the less you will have to deal with scorpions. True or Not True ?
There are a lot of posts about scorpions and spiders in the Tucson Forum, but not much has been said about cockroaches. One person mentioned they get sewer cockroaches coming up through the drains in bathrooms. Any comments about cockroaches in Tucson ?
I'm pretty sure that was me that mentioned sewer roaches in the bathroom. I'm in Oro Valley up against the foothills, and I've had these guys. I live on the 2nd floor of a condo, so it's only when there are people in the condo below (it's a vacation rental by owner) that the roaches seem to flee upstairs. Some people call them water bugs, but whatever, they're disgusting.

My Truly-Nolen guy has sticky traps in the bathroom cupboards under the shutoff valves, and in the kitchen and laundry room by the plumbing. Our complex also has an exterminator company that puts what looks like kitty litter all around the gardens, lawns and other places that get watered.

This is pretty gross, but it's accurate.

American Roaches coming from Sewer in Toilet (© Bob The Bug Guy) - YouTube

Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,692,946 times
Unfortunately, New2Tucson and TheMudPuppy . . .

Those are the negatives associated to Post Office Boxes primarily due to ID Theft, however, I do not believe General Delivery would fix the issues you are experiencing.

Have you considered a UPS Store Mail Box which will actually give you a street address?

Old 09-19-2012, 04:53 PM

5 posts, read 21,384 times
Both of those apt. complexes should be fine, I've known people that have lived in both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson