Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2006, 08:56 AM

19 posts, read 148,592 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Tucson and am trying to coordinate getting a lease signed while I'm down there in december (I'm physically moving out there in late Jan for Feb.1 move-in)
I was in Tucson last month..put my application in with 3 different apt. complexes, and went to go see the people at Apartment Locators (although I'm not sure how much help they're going to be)
What I'm trying to do is secure a lease when I visit in December.
Does anyone know of any other apartment finder services or is this all just "luck of the draw" and timing that an apt. will come up?
I've got a small dog and a significant amount of stuff to move- I'm scared we're going to end up living in a hotel for the first month or something if I can't find an apartment in December.
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks,
Nervous New Yorker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2006, 05:53 PM

95 posts, read 647,117 times
Here are the numbers for a couple services listed in the yellow pages here:

Apartment Guide- Greater Tucson 520-615-1605
Paul Ash Management Company 520-795-2100 (luxury apartments)

I live in a complex in NW Tucson and can give you information about some apartments on this side of town. If you've decided what area of town you're interested, in I can ask friends about their complexes. Feel free to PM me. I was also very worried about not having a place when I moved here and being stuck in a hotel.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:07 PM

27 posts, read 175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amybear View Post
I am relocating to Tucson and am trying to coordinate getting a lease signed while I'm down there in december (I'm physically moving out there in late Jan for Feb.1 move-in)
I was in Tucson last month..put my application in with 3 different apt. complexes, and went to go see the people at Apartment Locators (although I'm not sure how much help they're going to be)
What I'm trying to do is secure a lease when I visit in December.
Does anyone know of any other apartment finder services or is this all just "luck of the draw" and timing that an apt. will come up?
I've got a small dog and a significant amount of stuff to move- I'm scared we're going to end up living in a hotel for the first month or something if I can't find an apartment in December.
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks,
Nervous New Yorker

Have you tried The Golf Villa's of Oro Valley.....thats where I am now...and the location is very nice. Im pretty happy, plus they took us with our 2 dogs for a bit extra.
Good luck, we too were nervous NYers and rented over the phone...
we have been here since 4th of July weekend.
Debra

Old 10-04-2006, 01:13 AM

95 posts, read 647,117 times
ChrtnsMom,

You got very lucky! I'm not too far from you. There's a man in your complex I went on a date with and can advise your girlfriends to avoid

Amybear,
The Golf Villas is a nice complex. It's on a golf course and you get a membership (I think free) to a country club across the street from the complex. It has a small pond on the course which is nice as water is rare around here. It's near a library, police station, post office and several grocery stores in addition to close to a mall. The only downside to living on this side of town is the drive into town.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:39 PM

19 posts, read 68,715 times
http://tucson.craigslist.org/

Old 11-13-2006, 05:58 PM

19 posts, read 148,592 times
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestions everyone..
As for the Golf Villas of Oro Valley, I'm afraid that's way North for me (I have to stay centrally located for now).
As insane as this may sound to everyone here...I am moving to Tucson without a driver's liscence
I know,,I know...gotta have a car...I've been behind the wheel of a car before (old boyfriend taught me a couple of years ago)
..So I know I can drive a car (but hey, I'm from n.y.c..none of us natives ever get around to driving on a regular basis!!)
I'll need to take some driving lessons and get the permit/ do the test,..all that while I'm out there.
Untill that happens..I'm fine with my bicycle and the bus for the first 6 months or so...

I toured the Seventy Seven Hundred Place apartments on Speedway (and also Woodbridge Apts) and the Springs...all seemed very nice.
I'm hopefull I'll get lucky with one of these three..
If not...I've got a few others I'll be looking into in December.
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Old 11-13-2006, 08:28 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,340 times
amybear.. When my son moved to Tucson in april of this year he did not have a car. He had a bike and took the bus to work. He was fine. He moved from NJ. He loves Tucson. Good luck to you

Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 PM

4 posts, read 17,264 times
I owned a store for many years on East Speedway. It's great for the bus line and a bike lane but I would choose farther North or East. The Bear Canyon Apts. 520-519-6200 would be my first choice by far. It's a very safe area with a great park and off lease dog park near-by which has a seperate area for small dogs.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:22 AM

106 posts, read 316,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afvet View Post
ChrtnsMom,

You got very lucky! I'm not too far from you. There's a man in your complex I went on a date with and can advise your girlfriends to avoid

Amybear,
The Golf Villas is a nice complex. It's on a golf course and you get a membership (I think free) to a country club across the street from the complex. It has a small pond on the course which is nice as water is rare around here. It's near a library, police station, post office and several grocery stores in addition to close to a mall. The only downside to living on this side of town is the drive into town.
Pretty funny! Good looking out for a potential new neighbor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: