Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 AM

205 posts, read 572,601 times

Advertisements

Eddie. As someone close to your age (28), I can assure you with your attitude that you will easily make it in Tucson with no problems. There are plenty of people out there behind a keyboard that say you cannot find a job, well to find a job you have to be motivated and look. Jobs are out there, start somewhere and keep looking, then the job you would like will eventually open up somewhere and you grab it. People's lack of success in finding a job is simply because they want to "pick and choose". You know the old saying: "Beggars can't be choosers".

Tucson sounds like it will suit your needs as far as climate. The weather is generally 5-10 degrees cooler than the Valley (Phoenix). Do get the occasional rain, but generally it is nice and sunny!

My opinion about the good and the bad is simply this: There are good parts and bad parts. Just like any city. If your not in the good parts but also not in the bad parts then you are in the part that no one really has talked about. The average. Tucson is mostly a friendly city, it has crime just like any other cities, there are certain parts you may want to avoid but for the most part Tucson is a great city.

Arizona is very friendly to outsiders. I have always felt part of the AZ family when I am there and before I bought a house there. I still live in Michigan but I come out to the house frequently. I will be there in a month. Feels like a book and things pick up as I left them. People smile, wave, talk, etc... very very very nice people. You will always find those who do not live up to that, I just ignore them and forget about them.

There are plenty of gyms in the area to find a place to workout, plenty of big stores and multiples for each side of town. A few malls and all sorts of small businesses. You will easily find what you need at any hour of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson