U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:02 AM

384 posts, read 778,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphbrown View Post
Currently living in OHIO and wanting to relocate to sunny Tucson AZ....please help. I came out last year for a vacation to check out the area. signed on with a realtor and have been looking at hundreds of houses on the computer since. She is not allowed to give an opinion on any of these property locations, so im asking for help from those who have alredy made the move. Please send me zip codes of where i should not want to live. I will look them up , I dont want to live directly in town, in the country is good, but not totally away from civilization i have even looked at several very nice looking mobile homes. but i just never know how the crime rate is for these areas. please help. I want to come back out again in March and want to have a better idea of were to go than I had last year. Thank you all........
OP..we are selling out here and Virginia moving back to Tucson. We got out just before the big housing crash in Tucson and moved back east.

I loved the northwest part of Tucson. The zip code is 85739 I believe and it was higher elevation and cooler..to us. My cousin lived in the western part and my brother in law lived in the eastern side...neither I cared for too much accept for the Vail area.

Personally I would steer clear of areas around the Air Force base, Tucson airport and freeway entrances. I am sure there has been past forum about the jet noise and I would be concerned about the air quality.

We are headed most likely back to the north west area of Marana. This area is great if you want to travel to Phoenix, San Diego etc. Traveling through Tucson as I recall was a pain and I do not think that has changed. So if your commuting take that into consideration.

Pricing will be a big consideration as another poster stated. There are many new housing developments popping up all over and you can get some great incentives I have found for purchasing new.

Do your homework and check out all the issues your concerned about!! It is your responsibility to verify if there are any "bad" things or folks in a particular area. Do not put that on your agents back. I too am an agent in Virginia and I shake my head at clients that want me to give them "the scoop" about a particular neighborhood. If you find an area you like..spend some time there different times of the day and observe. Look to see how the locals take care of there home etc...you can usually tell if there are alot of rentals.

In closing remember there are no free rides. Get some good sun screen and sun glasses
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson