U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 02:48 PM

3 posts, read 6,991 times

Advertisements

I've noticed a lot of houses for sale here is there something wrong?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 11:43 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,351,427 times
I don't know if anything is "wrong," but I've been told that the railroad tracks that run across the front of the entire property will have trains traveling on them very frequently now due to some changes in commercial transport coming from Mexico.

If what I've been told is correct that might block access to the location on a regular basis (the tracks go right in front of the entrances). Noise may also be increased.

I haven't researched the matter (I'm in Green Valley so the problem is moot for me) so if you're truly interested you'll have to look into the issue yourself.

Rich

Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 AM

1,087 posts, read 3,145,412 times
I go to the dog park directly across the street from Quail Creek, and the trains are very loud there. I feel bad for the residents if train traffic increases.

There is also a very bad sewage smell when the wind blows in the direction of Quail Creek, which has been often lately. According to people who live there, this has been an on-going problem that gets corrected temporarily but returns.

I was told by someone who used to live there that they moved because of a problem with noisy kids. Although it's supposedly an adult community, he said they are very lax about how long kids can "visit" and some have actually lived there for years. He said kids run wild, make a lot of noise, and ride ATVs in the neighborhood streets and nothing is done about it. I don't know if that's still a problem now or not, but when he and his wife moved out last year it was still a problem.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 AM

461 posts, read 1,168,554 times
I know several people who have lived there for several years and they absolutely love it. They haven't had an issue with sewer smells, kids or trains. Maybe it affects different areas of the neighborhood. Who knows. My parents are interested in moving there and I certainly wouldn't have an issue with them doing so.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:11 PM

105 posts, read 190,480 times
As Steve pointed out we spent five days and 4 nites there without any issues. I was really wondering where all the people were, some snowbirds for sure are gone, but in general, another month spent there in a rental might give even more clarity. We met a few renters but mostly homeowners. thx for the input, this note is from "THE WIFE", as Steve fondly called me.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:41 AM

105 posts, read 190,480 times
In 4 nights and 5 days we just spent there we never heard a train nor smelled anything but rain on desert plants. I asked about the seemingly high number of listings, about 8% of the homes are for sale. The response was its largely a matter of being a senior community. People get older and sometimes can't keep up with independent living any longer as their health fails. Sometimes a mate dies and the survivor prefers moving in with kids to going it alone. Also some property is owned by snowbirds that own two or even more properties in different locations. Sometimes continued aging causes the luxury of multiple residences to no longer be possible. Every senior community we looked at had quite a few for sale signs out.

Steve

Old 08-04-2014, 07:39 AM

15,169 posts, read 25,981,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sownman View Post
In 4 nights and 5 days we just spent there we never heard a train nor smelled anything but rain on desert plants. I asked about the seemingly high number of listings, about 8% of the homes are for sale. The response was its largely a matter of being a senior community. People get older and sometimes can't keep up with independent living any longer as their health fails. Sometimes a mate dies and the survivor prefers moving in with kids to going it alone. Also some property is owned by snowbirds that own two or even more properties in different locations. Sometimes continued aging causes the luxury of multiple residences to no longer be possible. Every senior community we looked at had quite a few for sale signs out.

Steve

The market is many of these communities has been depressed since the collapse of the real estate market in 2008. There are a lot of owners who have held these properties (as a second home) who have wanted to sell but were waiting for the market to return to precollapse levels.

Old 01-23-2020, 12:38 AM

3 posts, read 1,292 times
I very much would like to see recent posts for Quail Creek.
I'm posting this in 2020 how about it people?

Old 01-24-2020, 09:47 PM

7 posts, read 3,154 times
I have been looking around the tucson area. Lots of good info on this site to consider.
I looked at quail creek, but based on what was available in some of the the other communities and location, it is further down the list now. It seemd like a nice community.
I just visited Saddlebrooke and Oro Valley. Really leaning toward Saddlebrooke. I am coming from Nw and being up close with the views of the mountans are there. Seemed cooler than tucson.
I just posted a web site on another post that has links to many of the tucson area things and to saddlebrooke info. It had a lot more there than I knew until I started digging. A big oerforming arts center, multiple clubhouse etc.
I liked oro valley, but the sun city community there does not have the numbers of amenities. Same with Quail Creek. I also compared the hoa fees and found them better in saddlebrooke so far. But avoid the Saddlebrooke Ranch, it is not the same community... still have a follow up visit to dove mtn area to see it another time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson