Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 AM

10 posts, read 24,857 times

Advertisements

What areas of Tucson (or east/northwest) have grocery stores that deliver? I may be moving to Tucson later this year, and I can't drive due to problems with my feet. I need to buy a house in an area that offers food service delivery. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 09:39 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times
safeway.com delivers. Just enter the zip code and confirm it delivers to the specific area you need. I use them often, especially in the summer, and have been very pleased.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:49 PM

867 posts, read 722,503 times
Like you, Arizona4Sun777, I can't drive. I accepted the job I currently have here in Tucson in large part because of Safeway's delivery service. I have not yet used it because I found a decent apartment (on the east side) within walking distance to a Fry's, but, when the hot summer rolls around, Safeway delivery is going to be a lifesaver.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:42 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
I live in the NW, so I'm most familiar with Safeway stores here. The one at 9705 N. Thornydale Road (near the intersection of Overton) is in a neighborhood with a wide price range of homes; the area also features a county park, a lot of public schools within a smaller-than-average footprint, and access to plenty of other shopping.

The Safeway at 12122 N. Rancho Vistoso Blvd. is in a somewhat pricier neighborhood but because Rancho Vistoso has Sun City Oro Valley within it, it is served by the SunShuttle dial-a-ride system. Rancho Vistoso is close to Oro Valley hospital and the wide range of medical services that includes.

The Safeway at 7110 N. Oracle Road probably has the best access to rental complexes and is near the Tucson Mall and many restaurants. The area also has excellent service from the SunTran bus system and might be the neighborhood with the quickest access to taxis.

The 4752 E. Sunrise Drive location is in a scenic area near the chic La Encantada Mall and several excellent condominium complexes. Via Swan Road it would have the most direct access to Broadway downtown.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:37 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
I have used safeway.com for delivery for over three years off and on and I love it! I make a list, go to the site, and shop by category (fruits/veggies, meats, canned goods, etc). I can also highlight favorites (brands). They automatically give you club card prices, but they don't accept coupons. You can schedule delivery (there's a delivery charge--you'll see it when you reserve a delivery time) in one hour, two hour or three hour blocks which ever day you need. I place my order about three days ahead of when I need it because often the popular times (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) get booked quickly. That way, I can also change my order by adding or deleting items if I need to. I choose the largest block of delivery time as the delivery fee is less. They will also charge you a fuel surcharge, but they do not let the drivers accept tips. The U of A kids get delivery frequently during football season, March madness and exam times, so expect those months to be busy.

Go to safeway.com, set up an account, then use the Grocery Delivery on the main page (top right) and shop. I'm in Oro Valley and my order comes from the store on Sunrise, which is definitely not the closest, but I think I remember that only three or four stores serve the entire area for deliveries, so you won't be using your local Safeway.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I have used safeway.com for delivery for over three years off and on and I love it! I make a list, go to the site, and shop by category (fruits/veggies, meats, canned goods, etc). I can also highlight favorites (brands). They automatically give you club card prices, but they don't accept coupons. You can schedule delivery (there's a delivery charge--you'll see it when you reserve a delivery time) in one hour, two hour or three hour blocks which ever day you need. I place my order about three days ahead of when I need it because often the popular times (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) get booked quickly. That way, I can also change my order by adding or deleting items if I need to. I choose the largest block of delivery time as the delivery fee is less. They will also charge you a fuel surcharge, but they do not let the drivers accept tips. The U of A kids get delivery frequently during football season, March madness and exam times, so expect those months to be busy.

Go to safeway.com, set up an account, then use the Grocery Delivery on the main page (top right) and shop. I'm in Oro Valley and my order comes from the store on Sunrise, which is definitely not the closest, but I think I remember that only three or four stores serve the entire area for deliveries, so you won't be using your local Safeway.
The interesting thing about the fuel surcharge is if you don't pay for delivery, they don't add on a fuel surcharge. It seems those two go directly hand in hand.

I never pay for delivery. There are always specials on the site where you can buy an item or few from a list they give and get free delivery, (and thus no fuel surcharge either). They also send coupons via email from time to time for free delivery. Often it requires a minimum purchase of $150 and when it does, I just order a few extra items on sale to make the minimum, (i.e. toilet paper, which I don't mind having extra of). With the free delivery I choose the one hour delivery window and they're almost always on time. When they're running a little late they call, which I appreciate.

I really like that not only do they deliver, they bring everything right into the kitchen. Also, frozen food arrives frozen, so you can order ice cream in the summer and it's not melted when you get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson