U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:33 PM

6 posts, read 20,403 times

Advertisements

THANK YOU!
"KEEP UP THE FIGHT" I wish I knew to check with Fema before buying I thought I could trust the builder but now I know that you can not and the mistake I made I will never make again!!
Thake CARE..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizmol View Post
Hey Desiree,
I'm currently going through the same thing, however I decided not to buy the house I was getting at San Lucas because of the whole floodzone issue. I'm currently sueing DR Horton for my escrow money. The sales person at the time lied and said I had nothing to worry about, and as a result I signed the addendum to the floodzone because I trusted her. I also looked into Flood insurance and it was pretty expensive, I also thought about if n the future I wanted to sell my home, Realtor told me I would be taking a loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good lUck!!!!!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 02:54 PM

6 posts, read 20,403 times
San Lucas
Flood Zone X not A
[First I want to let you know I am not a Legal Representative in any way I am just a person that Lives in San Lucas Subdivision and I am offering information that I have found in my search regarding the flood zone here in San Lucas. First any builder can not get a building permit in a flood zone area so as of today June 19th 2008 we are not in a flood zone “yet”. If anyone has had trouble getting Flood Zone X insurance or has already had it bought for them from there mortgage holder your not alone. On May 27th 2003 our community zone was changed form Zone A to Zone X . I was told by my insurance company’s flood department that I could not get flood x insurance because I was already in a Flood A zone. According to the maps they were pulling it was true because they were pulling the old maps not the revised maps from 2003.They were requiring proof that my property was not in a flood zone. I gave them my closing documents and appraisal papers that had shown flood zone X but they could not use them because the were from a 3rd party. I called the Marana Zoning and told them what was going on and asked them if I could get proof that my property was not in a Zone A and they had all my answers! With in 1 hour after I called them they e-mailed me the proof I needed to get flood zone X preferred insurance at 745.00 a year compared to the 4,500 a year for zone A. Also if you have a government backed loan (VA,FHA,OR HUD) and you have not bought the Flood X preferred insurance on you property and the zone is changed back to Zone A your are required to buy flood insurance if you choose not to the mortgage holder will buy if for you and you will be liable to repay the amount in full. If you have a conventional loan you do not have to buy the insurance. I would encourage anyone with a government backed loan to buy the Zone X preferred insurance. There is a (grandfather clause) that you can use with the zone x insurance as long as the insurance is purchased before the zone is changed and is kept current. In my case it was 4,500 a year for flood A insurance. Compared to the Zone X preferred at 745.00 a year. That is a huge expense that a lot of us can not afford to have! I have attached the contact if you need any help in this matter.
I hope this is helpful for you all!
Always,
A San Lucas Home Owner

Engineering Technician
Development Engineering
Town of Marana

Last edited by desiree84; 06-19-2008 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: removed some information

Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Ody

Location: Right there, next time out, look I could be right next ;or in front of you
136 posts, read 276,432 times
Shocked / I am visiting Tucson ( friends ) and I came accross this blog about San Lucas A Z // and FEMA"s ( new ?? ) designated water,flood zone.
Please what is the factor that has created this.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:04 AM

529 posts, read 2,298,709 times
Hi Ody,

Actually just the other day we heard some good news regarding the issue:

Quote:
Marana has completed a major step in its battle with the Federal Emergency Management Agency with the submission of a drainage study that town officials hope will keep nearly all of a 19-square-mile area out of a high-risk flood zone.

The seven-month study, which to date has cost more than $300,000, shows that only about three square miles of the area in question should fall within a flood zone, requiring homeowners with federally insured mortgages to buy flood insurance.
Excerpted from Marana study may avert costly change | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/254504.php - broken link)

The original concern was flooding from the Tortolita Mountains east of I-10 flooding westward across the CAP and I-10. From looking at the latest proposed map (and from everything else I have heard), the San Lucas subdivision will indeed be in a flood plain, but residents have the opportunity to buy flood insurance at a discounted rate before the final maps go into effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson