Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:55 AM

683 posts, read 2,651,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
So now that you ate your huge fresh shrimp, you thought it was safe to show up again, huh, Billy?! Haven't forgotten... or forgiven...!!!
He only brought back one pound! And he didn't get any scallops.

I think he spent all his money on beer.

Wednesday night we had Teppanyaki at Takamatsu on Speedway. My wife and I had a meal with shrimp, scallops, lobster, and calamari. I also had some sashimi. It was really good, best calamari I've ever had. Then we went and saw "Enchanted", funny movie, I'd recommend it to anyone. The kids were gone for a couple days so it was nice to have the time alone. We've had a very challenging couple months, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had surgery last month. She just started her first chemotherapy session two weeks ago and it's been making her sick, but the last few days she's doing much better. I spend most of my time lately taking care of her and driving to appointments. The prognosis is very good because they caught it early. It's funny, but this has brought us even closer together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 09:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
He only brought back one pound! And he didn't get any scallops.

I think he spent all his money on beer.
How generous of him! I polish a pound myself.

Quote:
Wednesday night we had Teppanyaki at Takamatsu on Speedway. My wife and I had a meal with shrimp, scallops, lobster, and calamari. I also had some sashimi. It was really good, best calamari I've ever had.
Speaking of calamari, I'll never forget a huge plate of golden, crispy, perfect calamari somewhere in Greece... don't even remember where. Haven't seen them done so well before or since. I don't like any "innovations" done with my calamari. To me they're perfect just done right on their own sprinkled with lemon. Don't know why it seems so hard to make them. I've tried, but don't like it. It's all a matter of perception, though. When I mentioned that to my cousin once, she offered to make them for me as she thought she knew exactly how to do it. Well, they weren't any different than mine...

I kinda like the calamari at Montana Avanue on Tanque Verde. Learned to tell them not to bother even bring whatever sauce comes with them or the "decorations" (garnishes) . Just bring me the thing with some lemon!

Quote:
Then we went and saw "Enchanted", funny movie, I'd recommend it to anyone. The kids were gone for a couple days so it was nice to have the time alone.
Haven't checked it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote:
We've had a very challenging couple months, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had surgery last month. She just started her first chemotherapy session two weeks ago and it's been making her sick, but the last few days she's doing much better. I spend most of my time lately taking care of her and driving to appointments. The prognosis is very good because they caught it early. It's funny, but this has brought us even closer together.
Oh, Billy, I'm so sorry I picked such a bad time to pull your leg... I'm glad the cancer was caught on time and wish your wife speedy recovery!

Difficulties and tragedies tend to bring good couples closer together and drive incompatible ones further apart... That's a little silver lining for the good ones in times like that.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:44 PM

683 posts, read 2,651,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Difficulties and tragedies tend to bring good couples closer together and drive incompatible ones further apart... That's a little silver lining for the good ones in times like that.
Thanks Sierra! It's encouraging to know we'll be much stronger together after this is all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson